Hope...er, delusion..springs eternal

quietfan

Well isnt that like an AU fan? You guys ALWAYS want to take away the Bryant years...now you want to take away the Stallings years to support your argument?

Hell you guys were only 2-2 against Dubose. The only "war" you guys have won has been the recent sucess you've enjoyed while we were going through a stretch influenced by penalties NOT because Alabama has become an also ran.

Since stallings, AU has enjoyed the same number of SEC championships as Alabama...

So if Alabama is such a has been...your better recent record against us doesnt make you a somebody.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galen...why did you skirt my statistical backing i provided for Alabama's running backs?

Please respond to my question about why you think Auburn's Oline was as bad as Alabamas.

I back up my claims with facts and you back them up with your opinion in a condescending manner...just because you look down your nose at me with your post...doesnt make you right.

228905[/snapback]

Hey BG,

I just want to show you what statistical Backing can do if used right. We are talking about the best backfield, right, so here it goes.

AU

Rushing:

Totals Carries 481

Total Yards 2329

Total Touchdowns 28

Passing

Total cmp195

Total Att: 339

Total Yards: 2589

Total Touchdowns 19

UA

Rushing:

Total Carries: 463

Total Yards: 1710

Total Touchdowns: 12

Passing

Total Cmp 209

Total ATT:351

Total Yards 2597

Total Touchdowns 16

I added passing for fun. So, the best team backfield would have to be Auburn with more yards total.

I guess the only Bama fans that don't think Bama has the better backfield are the ones that don't live in Alabama. Why? I guess they don't see dead people!! :poke::poke:

Galen...why did you skirt my statistical backing i provided for Alabama's running backs?

Please respond to my question about why you think Auburn's Oline was as bad as Alabamas.

I back up my claims with facts and you back them up with your opinion in a condescending manner...just because you look down your nose at me with your post...doesnt make you right.

228905[/snapback]

Hey BG,

I just want to show you what statistical Backing can do if used right. We are talking about the best backfield, right, so here it goes.

AU

Rushing:

Totals Carries 481

Total Yards 2329

Total Touchdowns 28

Passing

Total cmp195

Total Touchdowns 19

UA

Rushing:

Passing

Total Cmp 209

Total Yards 2597

Total Touchdowns 16

I added passing for fun. So, the best team backfield would have to be Auburn with more yards total.

I guess the only Bama fans that don't think Bama has the better backfield are the ones that don't live in Alabama. Why? I guess they don't see dead people!! :poke::poke:

228915[/snapback]

No...those numbers are reflective of many things...including offensive line. Ours was terrible last year.

I didnt say best offense. I didnt say best line. I said BEHIND THE QB...which is just FB and RB.

Kenny Irons vs Alabama: 3.7 yards per carry

Kenneth Darby vs Auburn: 4.9 yards per carry

Well isnt that like an AU fan? You guys ALWAYS want to take away the Bryant years...now you want to take away the Stallings years to support your argument?

Hell you guys were only 2-2 against Dubose. The only "war" you guys have won has been the recent sucess you've enjoyed while we were going through a stretch influenced by penalties NOT because Alabama has become an also ran.

Since stallings, AU has enjoyed the same number of SEC championships as Alabama...

So if Alabama is such a has been...your better recent record against us doesnt make you a somebody.

228912[/snapback]

Are you drunk?

I didn't "take them away" I gave them to you.

Bama's been an also ran for a long, long time BG. Everybody can see it. Except you guys.

Guest Tigrinum Major

But our line was so much better, statistics shouldn't count.

But we had more backs that rushed for that much more yardage, so depth shouldn't count.

But <insert obligatory excuse here>

I'm done now.

But our line was so much better, statistics shouldn't count.

But we had more backs that rushed for that much more yardage, so depth shouldn't count. 

But <insert obligatory excuse here>

I'm done now.

228920[/snapback]

Please refer to my response two posts back. And please explain to me how you MISSED where I said backs not line.

3.7 yards per carry < 4.9

Just like his season ypc was lower than Darby's

228905[/snapback]

Hey BG,

AU

Rushing:

Totals Carries 481

Total Yards 2329

Total Touchdowns 28

Passing

Total cmp195

Total Touchdowns 19

UA

Rushing:

Passing

Total Cmp 209

Total Yards 2597

Total Touchdowns 16

228915[/snapback]

No...those numbers are reflective of many things...including offensive line. Ours was terrible last year.

I didnt say best offense. I didnt say best line. I said BEHIND THE QB...which is just FB and RB.

228918[/snapback]

You're missing his point. Like all Bama points it hinges on the word IF. You give them the if and they have it all.

Bama has the best backfield -- running backs and fullbacks only, of course -- but only IF you give them a better line.

You know, like Rosie O'Donnel wouldn't be lesbian IF she liked guys instead of girls.

Like Pauly Shore would win the Oscar IF he didn't suck so bad at acting.

Like Kyle Petty would win more races IF he had a better car and IF he was a better driver.

Like I could walk to the moon IF I had a sidewalk that long.

Hey! Using BG's logic I CAN walk to the moon. It's an irrefutable fact. Guess I'll see you guys later. I've always wanted to visit there. What should I pack? Food I guess, a flashlight, maybe an iPod....

Yeah..you're right...returning good running backs isnt a reason to say your team will be good.

You are only allowed to say you have good running backs THIS year if your Oline was good last year. Makes sense.

I didnt say everybody on the team was 1st team AA. I was talking about SPECIFIC areas where we are strong. And our RBs last year helped us win 10 games. Which is pretty good I think.

I also think 1249 yards in the SEC with a 5.2 average is INCREDIBLY good. But you think its not. Which I dont understand. There's no "Darby would put up good numbers IF our Oline was good" HE PUT UP EXCELLENT NUMBERS. No excuses. What season has 1249 and 5.2 EVER NOT been good?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Please refer to my response two posts back. And please explain to me how you MISSED where I said backs not line.

228922[/snapback]

Darby is a good back. He is not the best, nor the second best, nor the third best in the SEC. West.

Your RBs depth is not deeper than Auburn's, nor LSU's, nor Arkansas'.

McFadden>Darby

Irons>Darby

Broussard>Darby

Statistics are for losers. Darby loses this argument.

Yeah..you're right...returning good running backs isnt a reason to say your team will be good.

You are only allowed to say you have good running backs THIS year if your Oline was good last year. Makes sense.

I didnt say everybody on the team was 1st team AA. I was talking about SPECIFIC areas where we are strong. And our RBs last year helped us win 10 games. Which is pretty good I think.

228924[/snapback]

Back to the 10 games argument. :roflol:

Please get another bullet. That one is a dud.

Nobody said Alabama didn't have some good running backs. Darby is the second or third best back in the league probably. What you said, however, is that UA has the best backs in the SEC. That's vastly different and, frankly, preposterous.

228922[/snapback]

Darby is a good back. He is not the best, nor the second best, nor the third best in the SEC. West.

Your RBs depth is not deeper than Auburn's, nor LSU's, nor Arkansas'.

McFadden>Darby

Irons>Darby

Broussard>Darby

Statistics are for losers. Darby loses this argument.

228925[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Broussard didnt even play last year. Darby has put up back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Broussard has yet to have 1,000 yard season. McFadden has played ONE season. And is all Arkansas has. NO WAY is Arkansas deeper at RB and FB than Bama.

Guest Tigrinum Major
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Broussard didnt even play last year. Darby has put up back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Broussard has yet to have 1,000 yard season. McFadden has played ONE season. And is all Arkansas has. NO WAY is Arkansas deeper at RB and FB than Bama.

228928[/snapback]

So, what is the criteria? You bounce back and forth on the "RB and FB depth" and "Darby is the best back in the SEC" like an overcaffienated pingpong ball.

Make up your mind and we'll talk.

Nobody said Alabama didn't have some good running backs. Darby is the second or third best back in the league probably. What you said, however, is that UA has the best backs in the SEC. That's vastly different and, frankly, preposterous.

Well...over the course of the season, Darby put up a better ypc average than Irons.

Even if Irons is better than Darby...it isnt by much at all. So now for me to say we have the best overall group (since we have far and away the best FB corps)...why is my comment so outlandish? You can't marginalize our FB talent just because AU doesnt use one. Its an easy sweep under the rug if you can eliminate our league best talent at FB isnt it?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well...over the course of the season, Darby put up a better ypc average than Irons.

Even if Irons is better than Darby...it isnt by much at all. So now for me to say we have the best overall group (since we have far and away the best FB corps)...why is my comment so outlandish? You can't marginalize our FB talent just because AU doesnt use one. Its an easy sweep under the rug if you can eliminate our league best talent at FB isnt it?

228930[/snapback]

Since we rarely use one, why should we be penalized? Our one scholarship FB tore an ACL. We are toast at that position.

We have a backup free safety that had a better ypc than anyone we have mentioned. Stats mean aMm.

228930[/snapback]

No offense, but I don't think you're exactly sitting on a gold mine with Slow-Run McClain and Tiptoe Tim Castille back there. Neither of them would be ahead of Tre, Brad or Ben on Auburn's roster. They might be ahead of Carl, but I wouldn't bet on it.

No, Bama's not deeper or better. No way.

Would I trade Irons for Darby. No.

Anybody on Auburn's team for Slow-Run or Tiptoe? No.

Anybody for Jimmie Joe Jim Bob? No.

Anybody for any of the other untested backs? No.

Case and books closed.

Since we rarely use one, why should we be penalized? Our one scholarship FB tore an ACL. We are toast at that position.

We have a backup free safety that had a better ypc than anyone we have mentioned. Stats mean aMm.

Youre right...stats mean nothing. Now you are free to argue that Carl Stewart was better than Reggie Bush last year.

You shouldnt be punished for not using a fullback. But Brad Lester is not worth more than Leron McCLain and Tim Castille. McClain blocks a HELL of a lot better than any RB in the SEC and is very useful as a receiver out of the backfield.

No offense, but I don't think you're exactly sitting on a gold mine with Slow-Run McClain and Tiptoe Tim Castille back there. Neither of them would be ahead of Tre, Brad or Ben on Auburn's roster. They might be ahead of Carl, but I wouldn't bet on it.

No, Bama's not deeper or better. No way.

Would I trade Irons for Darby. No.

Anybody on Auburn's team for Slow-Run or Tiptoe? No.

Anybody for Jimmie Joe Jim Bob? No.

Anybody for any of the other untested backs? No.

Case and books closed.

Of course you wouldnt you are an AU fan. There's only about 2 people here who last year said they would have Tyrone Prothro on their team.

You can CALL McClain "slow run" but hes the best blocking back in the league...a threat out of the backfield with 140yds rec last year.

Well guys this was fun...but my fingers are tired of typing. Maybe we can do this again tomorrow :)

Can the fall PLEASE get here sooner?

Arkansas' backfield is better than uat's (McFadden and Felix Jones at RB, Peyton Hillis at FB)

Darby's better ypc - another installment in the "Moral Victory" wing at the Bryant museum.

The question is not if Darby is the best back in the SEC or the o-line is gonna do their usual suck and blow dance. The biggest thing BG should be worried about is that Shula calls enough running plays for Darby. All I heard last year was how Dar Dar was going to get the rock, he averaged less than 20 carries a game. All this bickering is moot until Shula acutally figures out what that big fancy laminated sheet is for.

228930[/snapback]

ok..yippie...Darby lead in YPC 5.2 vs. 5.1 hold on to that if you like. I'll take the extra 51 yards, and the 10 MORE TOUCHDOWNS(total of 13, which lead the SEC, btw). Darby's long run of the season was 48 yards, Irons long run was 74 yards.

By what or whose standards do you have the "league best talent" at FB?? Please give me a source other than your own crimson opinion. That's a laugher if i ever heard one. UAT doesn't have the league best in any category. PERIOD.

10 MORE TOUCHDOWNS

See Castille's 7 touchdowns. We rode Darby to the goal line and put Tim in like we did in all our short yardage situations.

UAT doens't have the league best in any category. PERIOD.

228943[/snapback]

Well, tradishun-ally they have had the league's best salaries (for their players)..............

Archived