Corley to UF, Jones to UM

metafour

Sigh, two of the best players in-state have already committed to out of state schools. Phelon Jones committed to Miami about a week ago, his committment looks very strong and its very unlikely that he'll switch. Just a little while ago Sidell Corley (#1 player in Alabama by most sources) commited to Florida.

This is a bit disheartening, with two highly touted schools in-state we shouldn't be losing this many top prospects to out of state schools. How the hell does LSU do it? They have Louisiana on lock-down.

This is a bit disheartening, with two highly touted schools in-state we shouldn't be losing this many top prospects to out of state schools.  How the hell does LSU do it?  They have Louisiana on lock-down.

231898[/snapback]

..because you wouldn't want to play ball for Tulane either.

Guest Tigrinum Major
This is a bit disheartening, with two highly touted schools in-state we shouldn't be losing this many top prospects to out of state schools.  How the hell does LSU do it?  They have Louisiana on lock-down.

231898[/snapback]

That has not always been the case. See Warrick Dunn, FSU. And others that I am too tired to look up now. Saban did an excellent job keeping the LA talent in state. Miles looks to be doing the same. Winning helps.

I am not going to panic over two juniors committing at this point. Anything can (and usually does) happen.

Still a long time till signing day.. things can change.

231923[/snapback]

Things can change, but I'm a bit skeptical. I think Jones is a goner, he's a lifetime Canes fan, furthermore his older brother went out of state to play for Louisville. Jones is also looking to run track, and I'm pretty sure that Miami has a pretty decent track team. The only question mark that was stopping Jones from commiting to UM was his parents disapproval, and now that it looks like that is out of the way I doubt he'll switch over.

Corley I think everyone still has a bit of a chance for, but like Jones, I'm not getting my hopes up too much. His family isn't even from Alabama (they moved here) so its not like he has some long-going bond like a lot of the other Alabama players. Furthermore, I was got the feeling from him that he was looking to bounce and go to a big out-of-state school. Theoretically I guess if we have a ridiculous season and pound Florida then we could have a chance, but you also have to add in the fact that Coach Savarese is a huge Bammer that pushes kids away from us.

Archived