Coach and Mrs Richt

saniflush

This was in another thread but I decided it warranted it's own.

Hey link sorry to hear about Coach Richts' wife. She is in my prayers.

Associated Press

Published on: 05/03/06

SAVANNAH — Georgia coach Mark Richt's wife, Katharyn, underwent a hysterectomy last week following her recent diagnosis for cervical cancer, Richt said.

Richt told the Savannah Bulldog Club Monday night of his wife's surgery.

Richt said Katharyn has been told to expect a full recovery. The pathology report showed the cancer had been diagnosed early and had not spread, he said.

The news that Katharyn Richt should expect a full recovery comes after a month of mostly private worrying for the Richts.

''We're so blessed,'' Richt said. ''So many people deal with cancer, and it takes weeks and months and years. I'm just thankful for everyone who has been praying for her and her doctors and I know how fortunate we are.''

Added Richt: ''But I want everyone to know they need to get their checkups.''

Richt said he will now be more active in talking about cancer awareness. He said he plans to become an advocate of annual physical examinations such as the one that may have saved his wife's life.

Richt has lost two grandparents to cancer. He first talked about his wife's condition in church Sunday.

''I haven't been hiding it,'' Richt said. ''Anybody I told about it was someone that I knew had faith and believed in prayer and would pray for her and her doctors. I wanted people to pray.

''I've always been willing to talk about it and try to help. But it takes on a little different meaning now.''

I wish Mrs Richt a speedy recovery! The Richt Family are in my prayers.

If anyone wants a bombshell, well...here it is

Richt coaching another 5 years at UGA would shock most of everyone who know him according to numerous very, very credible sources on UGASports.com

An Ex-Player said it the other day and several other very respected posters who have shown they do know Richt agreed quite easily.

Apparently he wants to coach another 5 years but after that may not continue much longer with his wife's condition which is good news but still a little suspect.

Definitely - I am glad they caught it early, and pray she has a speedy recovery.

I lost my mother to cancer while I was a student at Auburn. My dad remarried several years later and now my step mother is battling a similar cancer as Mr.s Richt - but it was discovered MUCH later. The initital prognosis was not good at all, but after some pretty tough chemo and radiation they had their first good news last week - none ofthe cancer had grown any larger (although earlier it had spread to several spots throughout her body), and a few areas have shrunk.

If you guys could spare any extra prayers I know my step mother would appreciate it. She is a great grandmother to my children and a woman of faith. But I must admit I am also worried about my dad - I think loosing my mom really rattled his belief years ago, and I can't see it getting any better on go around #2 - so include him too if you can.

Thanks!

Definitely - I am glad they caught it early, and pray she has a speedy recovery.

I lost my mother to cancer while I was a student at Auburn.  My dad remarried several years later and now my step mother is battling a similar cancer as Mr.s Richt - but it was discovered MUCH later.  The initital prognosis was not good at all, but after some pretty tough chemo and radiation they had their first good news last week - none ofthe cancer had grown any larger (although earlier it had spread to several spots throughout her body), and a few areas have shrunk.

If you guys could spare any extra prayers I know my step mother would appreciate it.  She is a great grandmother to my children and a woman of faith.  But I must admit I am also worried about my dad - I think loosing my mom really rattled his belief years ago, and I can't see it getting any better on go around #2 - so include him too if you can.

Thanks!

233775[/snapback]

Wow GoAU, that's a harsh double dose. Continued good health for your step mom and your dad.

I lost my mother to cancer while I was a student at Auburn.  My dad remarried several years later and now my step mother is battling a similar cancer as Mr.s Richt - but it was discovered MUCH later.  The initital prognosis was not good at all, but after some pretty tough chemo and radiation they had their first good news last week - none ofthe cancer had grown any larger (although earlier it had spread to several spots throughout her body), and a few areas have shrunk.

If you guys could spare any extra prayers I know my step mother would appreciate it.  She is a great grandmother to my children and a woman of faith.  But I must admit I am also worried about my dad - I think loosing my mom really rattled his belief years ago, and I can't see it getting any better on go around #2 - so include him too if you can.

Thanks!

233775[/snapback]

Prayers sent!

Prayers sent to Mrs Richt, and GO's family.

Prayers sent. He, like Coach Tuberville, is a classy guy.

I added the Richt Family to my prayer list last week. I got an e-mail Tuesday explaining their situation. Prayers have been sent and will continue to be sent.

To God be the Glory!

Archived