Juwan Simpson

sogaaufan

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/s...7/simpson.shtml

We have been saying it for a week. This will go under the rug and never be heard from again. Now the police are thinking they may have made a "mistake" and that the handgun Simpson was caught with wasn't stolen after all. Very convenient :puke: . This guy will walk away from this WITHOUT even a slap on the wrist.

If the cops actually made a mistake that's all good, there just seems to be a lot of smoke for there not to be some fire as well.

If the cops actually made a mistake that's all good, there just seems to be a lot of smoke for there not to be some fire as well.

237531[/snapback]

Thats the reefer.

Northport police have started an inquiry into whether Alabama linebacker Juwan Simpson used one of its officers to run a check on the handgun for which he was arrested a week ago for receiving stolen property, and whether that check mistakenly told Simpson that the gun was not stolen.
I'm assuming the implication is that he ran the check when Simpson bought the gun, not after Simpson's arrest. If indeed Simpson asked for an official police check at that time and was told the gun was clean, then of course he shouldn't be charged with "stolen property". If, however, it was an unofficial "friend doing an unreported favor" type check, it will have less validity in court.

But another question remains: Are Northport police in the habit of running ownership checks for unregistered or unlicensed handguns (other than those they've seized as evidence)? How could Juwan get a police "check" on a gun for which he had no permit?

Northport police have started an inquiry into whether Alabama linebacker Juwan Simpson used one of its officers to run a check on the handgun for which he was arrested a week ago for receiving stolen property, and whether that check mistakenly told Simpson that the gun was not stolen.
I'm assuming the implication is that he ran the check when Simpson bought the gun, not after Simpson's arrest. If indeed Simpson asked for an official police check at that time and was told the gun was clean, then of course he shouldn't be charged with "stolen property". If, however, it was an unofficial "friend doing an unreported favor" type check, it will have less validity in court.

But another question remains: Are Northport police in the habit of running ownership checks for unregistered or unlicensed handguns (other than those they've seized as evidence)? How could Juwan get a police "check" on a gun for which he had no permit?

237548[/snapback]

"I need a man who will run the townspeople out of Rock Ridge...but where will I find such a man...and why am I asking you?" ;)

:au::homer:

237548[/snapback]

You don't have to have a permit to own or buy a handgun. You only have to have a permit if you intend to carry it concealed.

237548[/snapback]

You don't have to have a permit to own or buy a handgun. You only have to have a permit if you intend to carry it concealed.

237634[/snapback]

Thanks for that info...obviously I have little or no experience with handguns.

The gun ain't hot, and it ain't his pot

So Johnny Law's got to let Juwan trot!

He wasn't high, and the gun has an alibi

So let this one slide on by!

That piece wasn't stolen

So it's still rollin' baby, it's rollin!

"You fine officers of the law didn't find nothin' in that boys car, now didja?"

payoff.jpg

payoff.jpg

237654[/snapback]

;)

payoff.jpg

237654[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly, TIS.

In the department I work for, it's not uncommon for citizens to contact the police to inquire if an item they purchased (guns included) are not stolen. I've been policing for 20 years and I've had one person I knew personally to contact me about some shotguns he wanted to purchase from another individual. He obtained the serial numbers and asked me to check them to make sure he wasn't buying stolen guns.

Archived