'06 Auburn passing game

rolltoomer

Needless to say, we need Taylor to stay healthy (The more I look back on how much we got out of Aromashodu, Obomanu, Mix and Wallace, the queasier I feel.)

May see some different stuff this season, like new Borges ideas on how to get more out of Tre Smith and Tommy Trott.

Tre at "H" back (or whatever the equivalent is) might show up pretty often. The guy is amazing when he gets near the end-zone. It's like some vacuum just pulls him in. Just ask Arkansas.

Borges commented after the A-Day game that "we obviously need to get the ball to Trott". I hear that Trott needs to work a lot on his blocking, though.

Hope that Preche comes along and that we maybe even get some contributions out of Hawthorne. Don't know if Slaughter was expected to get in the rotation this year or not.

That's AU's shakiest position IMO. Courtney Taylor is a beast, but the position is pretty thin outside of #86.

Preche Rodreguiez had his good days... I'm not so sure about Trott though. I wouldn't be expecting him to replace Wallace. Even though Wallace had some miscues in the Iron Bowls, he was a solid TE.

I'm not so sure about Trott though. I wouldn't be expecting him to replace Wallace. Even though Wallace had some miscues in the Iron Bowls, he was a solid TE.

238725[/snapback]

Trott is about 10 times the reciever that Wallace was, and he's about 5 times more athletic.

im not to perticularly worried about the passing game.  with an offensive master mind like borges, you can put the water boy in and still be productive!

238805[/snapback]

"GAAATORAAAADE"

waterboy_waterboy.jpg

all hail!!

no really, i'm slightly worried about the wr spots, but i'm not worried at all about the tight end position. tommy trott looked as smooth at tight end as anthony mix ever did and he's a decent blocker. cole bennett on the other hand is a really really good blocker with decent hands. i like them in combination, and that doesn't even include gabe mckenzie.

at receiver, if prechae got a little stronger, then he's another top flight player. he's got a chance to be the new devin with his height and speed. if ct can be the old ct from 2004, then all you need to find is one more guy and some depth to complete the unit. between dunn, billings, and the frosh, i'm very hopeful we can do that... remember the guys who just left all got pt as freshmen too.

all sec teams should fear us

238811[/snapback]

This has to be my favorite comment of the week. :rolleyes: But Seriously, the underclassmen need to step up for the passing game to be 100% productive. If no one shows productivity, they will just triple team Taylor and eliminate our Air Game.

Needless to say, we need Taylor to stay healthy  (The more I look back on how much we got out of Aromashodu, Obomanu, Mix and Wallace, the queasier I feel.)

May see some different stuff this season, like new Borges ideas on how to get more out of Tre Smith and Tommy Trott.

Tre at "H" back (or whatever the equivalent is) might show up pretty often.  The guy is amazing when he gets near the end-zone. It's like some vacuum just pulls him in.  Just ask Arkansas.

Borges commented after the A-Day game that "we obviously need to get the ball to Trott".  I hear that Trott needs to work a lot on his blocking, though.

Hope that Preche comes along and that we maybe even get some contributions out of Hawthorne. Don't know if Slaughter was expected to get in the rotation this year or not.

238722[/snapback]

Remember, we got a lot out of that group partly b/c Taylor was hobbled by that ankle injuring for a majority of the season. Prechae will become a play maker I think. Those to watch for are Robert Dunn, Ulysses Alexander, Rodgeriqus Smith, James Swinton, and Montez Billings. We know Dunn will likely be returning kickoffs and maybe sharing time returning punts. Our problem outside of Taylor and Prechae is experience. I think we will see Taylor doubled alot which means a lot of balls for the TE to catch.

Don't know if Slaughter was expected to get in the rotation this year or not.

238722[/snapback]

Isn't Slaughter going to Hargrave or something along the lines of that?

Slaughter is headed to Hargrave. We have a TON of talent at the WR position. Although some of it is untested talent, this will not be a weak spot. Count on it! :au:

it is one of the easier positions to just come in and play so better to have a freshman wr than a freshman tackle. but it's also the sec and a dropped ball here or there can really alter a game. i don't think it'll be a "weak spot," but i also wouldn't list it as a team strength.

Archived