Oregon ducks new uni's

ncaajunkie

Is it just me, or do the expressions on those guys' faces look like they're thinking" "Yeah, I can't believe we're stuck wearing this crap either." ?

can't mr. nike just leave 'em alone? goodness gracious. shoot, they looked better back when they had the 'O' with that donald duck looking thing on the helmet. neon yellow doesn't look good on anything, or anybody.

thank goodness for the history/tradition of the SEC...........except for Kentucky. nike got to them too. :(

I have always thought what oregon has done with uni's was a great idea for them because they are not a traditional powerhouse so these outlandish unis give them a gimic and something that stays with recruits/fans(like Boise's blue turf). The yellow is the one that isa bit much for me but the worst part is the diamond plated truck toolbox look on the shoulder/knee pads. It looks like a 5 year olds halloween costume or something out of an arena football league. It just cheapens the look.

welcome to the board nims

I have liked Oregon's unis the previous years, but these are bad. What is up with the truck tool box pattern on the shoulders?? :blink: I don't get it.....did they not make these and someone say (before they got sent out), hey that looks like a toolbox pattern on there.?? Ugly...they need to go back to the other uniforms. They were bold and made a statement.

Why does Oregon continue to let Nike dress them up like Clowns with botulism crossed with Montezuma’s revenge?

Is the money really worth it?

I like their uniforms from 2-3 years ago, when they were the first team to have the colored panels on the sides.

I wouldn't want anything like that for us, but as long as someone else is wearing it, it was kind of neat.

Why does Oregon continue to let Nike dress them up like Clowns with botulism crossed with Montezuma’s revenge?

Is the money really worth it?

242568[/snapback]

They are probably getting paid out the :moon: for nike to try out all their concepts.

Every one of them is ass-ugly.  I think someone at Nike secretly hates them and dresses them up like clowns to have fun.

242614[/snapback]

LMAO!!!! :cheer::moon::cheer:

Every one of them is ass-ugly.  I think someone at Nike secretly hates them and dresses them up like clowns to have fun.

242614[/snapback]

LMAO!!!! :cheer::moon::cheer:

242615[/snapback]

The "someone at Nike who secretly hates them", is LTAO!!!! as well. :cheer::moon::cheer:

Did I mention the concepts?  (NOT a joke!)

171401924_5be3580e82_o.jpg

242557[/snapback]

Actually, I think these artist's concepts look a lot better than the final product. Something...a lot!...got lost in translation to reality.

They let nike use their unis for all their crazy ideas because the CEO of Nike is a duck and he is also their biggest donor. Im sure Auburn runs some of its financial business through Colonial Bank whether that is the best deal for us or not because Lowder is our biggest donor. I really like their dark green helmets. The paint has the metallic sheen and changes color just a little depending on how the light hits it. I wouldnt want AU to do anything similar with ours but since I am not terribly attached to Oregon I think it is a pretty cool upgrade from the old Donald Duck in the O look. If they would just stick with the green, white, or black unis with the green or white helmet it wouldnt be too bad.

A few years ago I saw a special about the amount of $ Phil Knight has given to the Oregon Athletic Dept. Their football complex is state of the art.

With the support of its boosters—most notably, Phil Knight—the Oregon football program has among the best facilities in the United States including a newly remodeled Autzen Stadium and a state of the art locker room replete with luxuries such as plasma displays and fingerprint biometric locks. The team has also benefited from the creative work of the University of Oregon's sports marketing department and Nike, with billboards promoting individual athletes, personalized comic books for prospective recruits, and high tech uniforms, logos and mascot.
Wikipedia UO

I personally liked the old uniforms better.

t2_smith_ap_01.jpg

Archived