Still whining two years later??

quietfan

Please do me a favor...if I ever get so obsessed that I'm still making excuses and whining about a ref's call two year later, give me an automatic "time out" from football (including WEN) for a few months 'til I get some perspective:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42768

jsd4ua

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6SPOYtXP8 This really made me mad when i seen this again. How in the world did they blow this one that cost us the game. RTR!!!!!

(For those who don't wish to follow the link: He "seen" (sic) a replay of the non-pass interference call on the LSU interception in the 2004 Bama-LSU game.)

Add yet another whiner to that long list. :D:poke:

the thing is, yes it was pass interference and a bad call... BUT

Alabama still had over a quater to play AND the lead. They have no one to blame but themselves for losing the ballgame. In addition, it was a poor fade by Pennington, you have to have more loft than that on a fade, otherwise you risk interception. Lastly, there was a push, but there was a little bit of a flop by the receiver. You've got to stay on your feet for that one.

Anyway, bad call, should have been pass interference, but NOT the factor that caused the loss.

I agree with the biscuit-head completely. It was a bit of a flop and yes, it was interference. That game was lost with the typical play calling that has been prevalent in T-town for the past few years. Even with Pennington at QB, there was no excuse for going into such an incredibly conservative state.

I don't know if you listened to the radio or watched it on TV. I was listening to the 4th quarter on the way home from AU/UGA and both Eli and Snake were both very noticably upset with the playcalling, especially the last 2-3 series. It was obvious they felt Rader, Shula or whoever was calling plays, had basically given up any hope of trying to score an offensive TD.

I'm all for re-naming the tide fans Cheeseheads. tuscalooser has to be the cheese capital of the world after the events of the past ______(you name the years). They have the have something to go with all that WHINE. :P:P

I think we have to go back to the Alabama fight song on this one:

Yea Alabama! Learn Your Fight Song,

da da da da da da da da da da da da da,

da da da da da da

da da da da da da

da da da da da da da da da da da da da

da da da da da da da da da da da da da

row tied row tied!!!!!!!!!!!

We know it has tons of words that are NOT common for their fans, which makes it hard to remember, like

"behave, vict'ry, win, fight on, pluck, grit, dixie's football pride, hit your stride, every bama fan's behind you, etc."

There are some words that are common though, which we can build on for their learning, like

"weaken, grave, shame, fighting, remember"

ONLY game that trumps that is Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech...SIX horrendous calls in one drive that gave TT a last second TD!!

Bama deserves that one! :roflol:

I won't mention any others.......

the thing is, yes it was pass interference and a bad call... BUT

Alabama still had over a quater to play AND the lead.  They have no one to blame but themselves for losing the ballgame.  In addition, it was a poor fade by Pennington, you have to have more loft than that on a fade, otherwise you risk interception.  Lastly, there was a push, but there was a little bit of a flop by the receiver.  You've got to stay on your feet for that one.

Anyway, bad call, should have been pass interference, but NOT the factor that caused the loss.

243168[/snapback]

U have got to be kidding!! A team loses a TD!! MOMENTUM IS EVERYTHING IN FOOTBALL!!! :poke:

Same thing happened in the `04 Auburn-LSU on 4th and 2(@ the LSU 3)...Daniels mugged Mix on a slant..NO CALL! THANKS TO A MIRACLE DRIVE THE TIGERS WON (Webster's thru the hands blown INT!)

Only reason that u write it off IS because it happened to Bama! :puke::puke:

Sorry but a blown call that is in your own territory is one thing but a BLOWN call in the Opponent's red zone is another thing all together!!

okay,lets just go play the game again because it wasn't fair for the bammerfarts....somebody cheated, and won,besides them....the bammerfart nation reminds me of a wet porcupine with all the drippy pricks that both of them have

I wasn't even posting this to argue over the call or the rest of the game...

[That dead horse has now rotted and certainly not worth beating.]

I was just astonished that anyone would still be concerned about game that far back, in a season that was not particularly memorable anyway. I mean, even if they win that game, their season becomes 7-5 instead of 6-6, certainly nothing to worry about two years later. In the words of Tony Soprano, "Fugetaboutit".

Because it was one of the worst no calls in history.

243156[/snapback]

Your boy flopped, didn't get the call, and you're a whiner.

Webster got away with alot of stuff. He was the one that had the obvious pass interference against Oregon State in OT on a third down play.

The non-PI call in the 88 Sugar Bowl cost us a win over FSU. As Dye said THAT NIGHT, "If you play this game long enough, sometimes the calls go for you, sometimes they go against you." Dan Deirdorf said that was the most class he had seen in a long time after such a bad call.

If you play football you get these kind of calls. Live with it and move on. Anyone remember "the SPOT" in the 2002 Iron Bowl? Even the Tide fans said "Wow, what a really good spot."

Nothing to see here move along.

BTW, just hearing gotfried making the call was enough to make me think for a second that it might have been a good call. Mike G is a total Bama :homer:

I feel for you, BG.

That sucks

Obviously PI, imo

243239[/snapback]

And your an enabler, lol.

Plenty of calls we could whine about, just against uga alone, but we don't. Why? We're not whiners.

It's called class, see DKW's post about class or maybe look it up in the dictionary.

And your an enabler, lol.

And you're a cry-baby, lol.

Plenty of calls we could whine about, just against uga alone, but we don't. Why? We're not whiners.

You whine all the time on here alone, most others on here don't. Big difference.

It's called class

Something you lack :lol:

I have to agree with a lot of what is being said. It was obviously a questionable call, but it wasn't close to the last play of the game.

I guess what I haven't heard anybody say was what a HORRIBLE pass that was. Webster didn't have to move to catch it (even after the contact), so the receiver would have had to play DB in that case. In fact, Webster had position on the play with our without contact.

It didn't lose the game for UAT.

Because it was one of the worst no calls in history.

243156[/snapback]

Your boy flopped, didn't get the call, and you're a whiner.

243234[/snapback]

If you were a day over 15 years old id be REALLY REALLY surprised. Funny thing is...many of your fellow AU here feel the same way about you.

The :au: folks were very heartbroken over the 2002 loss to :uga: We had a push off/slip and lost on a 4-15 play. You havent heard one of us whine about it. We just got back on track as a team and have beaten them a few times since.

Geez, how would you feel if the refs called 5 straight field goals against LSU "no good"? You don't see us whining do you? *grin*

Archived