Supposed Pitts arrest, It was DUI

tgr4lfe

I have talked to sources in Lee County and there is nothing on M. Pitts. Unless he was arrested somewhere else, but rumor was he was incarcerated in Lee County jail. That is not true according to what I found out. FYI. Rest at ease your weary hearts.

UPDATE!!!

http://auburn.scout.com/2/546266.html

Free content.

Auburn, Ala.--Auburn backup cornerback Montae Pitts has been arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

A fifth-year senior from Loachapoka who 22 years old, according to a report from the city of Tuskegee police department, Pitts was arrested and charged with DUI in Tuskegee at 2:45 a.m. on June 24th.

Coach Tommy Tuberville was traveling on Wednesday and not available for comment.

Pitts, a 6-1, 195-pounder, played in all 12 games as a junior and started once. He finished spring training this year as a backup cornerback.

He had 43 tackles as a junior and 46 as a sophomore when he was a full-time starter. Pitts made 12 tackles in 2003 and redshirted in 2002 after a standout career at Loachapoka High.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should have listened when his mother told him not to hang out with uat linebackers!

Something did happen to Montae, just no word on exactly what it was

246919[/snapback]

According to who, PC?? He hasn't been arrested, so I don't know what you are talking about. Please enlighten us all!!!

From the The Rules, Please Read:

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, dont post it. Keeps the Blue Sky to a minimum. Even if you cite from another Forum, that is okay. Just dont hallucinate new rumors. We are not Tider Insider.   

Some of you could benefit from adhering to the rules.

Now verified. Sorry for the confusion. But We didnt want to jump the gun and the story was put out last night, removed and then brought back this AM.

FWIW, I think Pitts is likely 6 games or more or gone, that is the scuttlebutt at present.

Likely to be allowed to transfer. Pitts was the one that left the team before for a rap career, etc. Montae, I feel sorry for him, but I just cannot see him getting off litely.

Now verified. Sorry for the confusion. But We didnt want to jump the gun and the story was put out last night, removed and then brought back this AM.

FWIW, I think Pitts is likely 6 games or more or gone, that is the scuttlebutt at present.

Likely to be allowed to transfer. Pitts was the one that left the team before for a rap career, etc. Montae, I feel sorry for him, but I just cannot see him getting off litely.

246951[/snapback]

I think his 'rap career' deal will really not help him in this situation. He's already had to work his way back into CTT's good graces once...he may not get the chance to do it again.

246951[/snapback]

I think his 'rap career' deal will really not help him in this situation. He's already had to work his way back into CTT's good graces once...he may not get the chance to do it again.

246955[/snapback]

I agree. I don't look for him to be on the sidelines this fall, at least not in Auburn.

Maybe he and Willie Williams can transfer somewhere together.

There's why I didn't find anything in Lee Co. Of all places to hang out.... :no:

Montae, I feel sorry for him, but I just cannot see him getting off litely.

246951[/snapback]

You worded that wrong, right?

He was arrested for DUI. He's 22. He made an adult decision and will face adult consequences. Feeling sorry for him is the last thing on my mind. The sooner he's out of orange and blue the better.

don't let the door hit you montae.....

246959[/snapback]

Give it a rest.... most of y'all didn't have this much of a harsh tone when Sears was basically arrested for the same thing.

If Pitts is suspended for 6 games, like DKW so astoundingly puts it, I find that unfair.... compared to Sears treatment.

That is sad. I do not condone the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Youth can sometimes blind one to their own future. And, an uncontrollable urge to get drunk can lead to a miserable life.

Give it a rest.... most of y'all didn't have this much of a harsh tone when Sears was basically arrested for the same thing.

If Pitts is suspended for 6 games, like DKW so astoundingly puts it, I find that unfair.... compared to Sears treatment.

Did sears get a DUI or just public intox? What was his punishment?

Also remember, that was Sears' first time being in CTTs doghouse.

The fact is that a large segment of the population drinks and drives on a regular basis. I wonder what % of Jordan-Hare is legally drunk after an AU game. Montae was unfortunate enough to get caught. I don't see why everyone is being so hard on him, especially since I doubt anyone here knows him. The fact is that he has stuck with the team all this time and I believe this is the first time he has ever been arrested. I have known alot of good people who have made the mistake of getting a DUI, sometimes just barely over the limit, which in my opinion has been set to draconianly low levels.

Did sears get a DUI or just public intox? What was his punishment?

Also remember, that was Sears' first time being in CTTs doghouse.

246978[/snapback]

Pitts was suspended for one game I think during the 2004 season for breaking team rules.

Sears was suspended for 1 game for having a DUI and being in an actual wreck, almost basically leaving the scene as well. link

I still dont agree with all the harsh tones I'm seeing...

Ya'll are really doggin Pitts. Not saying what he did was right or that he should not be punished for it but damn ya'll he is a college kid who probable went to a party or bar and had a couple of beers, just cause you get a DUI doesn't mean you were s*itfaced. Hell I am 26 and have a child but I like to go have a beer with my buddies on occasion.

but I like to go have a beer with my buddies on occasion.

246983[/snapback]

...me too, but I don't get behind the wheel if I've had more than 1 drink, and haven't since before I lived in Auburn.

I was VERY critical of sears and felt he should sit for the remainder of the season. These kids have too many resources on hand and way too much to lose to get behind the wheel in that state.

And, an uncontrollable urge to get drunk can lead to a miserable life.

That's a lie.

246986[/snapback]

Not for me.

246989[/snapback]

All this talk is making me ... very ...thirsty. Gotta go now.

Would y'all be so lax in your attitude if he'd gotten into an accident and killed an innocent person??? <_<

I like to drink too. Hell, I do it almost every weekend but I don't get behind the wheel of a car after having done so whether I've one beer or ten. Is the temptation there? Sure. I've told myself untold numbers of times that "I can make it." But it isn't worth the risk. I could see the argument about age if he were 15 or 16 years old. Kids that age think they know everything but actually know very little. Pitts is 22. He's a grown man and doesn't need to have his hand held. If I'd gotten a DUI at 22 years old I would've been placed on the carpet in front of the commanding general of Fort Hood and been handed my discharge papers. Auburn football certainly isn't the military but they're both a team and when one member does something stupid and uncalled for that was known to have been wrong from the get-go then it makes the whole team look bad. I'm sure there are TONS of "great people" out there that have gotten DUIs and perhaps some of them got them after only one beer. But ya know what? They knew when they made the decision to stick the keys in the ignition that they shouldn't be. It's called personal responsibility.

I'll ask you this: If Pitts weren't on the football team or was a nobody, would you be so quick to cut him some slack? I just hope y'all aren't basing your opinions on the fact that he's a member of the Auburn football team and that we need him. Trust me, we don't need...scratch that...don't want people who are going to shame the team with their stupid, selfish actions. We're better than that.

My main reasoning is treat the Sears case as y'all are with Pitts. Not all, but some people are acting bi-polar between the 2.

Archived