Supposed Pitts arrest, It was DUI

tgr4lfe

This is like the third time Pitts has been in trouble with CTT.

The stuff I posted was about what the folks on ITAT were saying about 6 games and/or a transfer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 4 levels of drinking and driving:

1) Legally Drunk: The law is ridiculous as it is and it is just as dangerous to drive in the mornings when you first wake up then after the typical adult has a few beers.

2) Drunk: At this point you shouldn't drive, but MOST adults are capable of making it home a short distance without being a danger to anyone else or themselves.

3) Wreckless driving while drunk at any level: This is when people should be given DUI's since this is the only kind of driving that would require good reflexes and decison making.

4) Accident caused while drunk: You should get a DUI if you cause one while drunk.

Ultimately, I think it should be up to the individual. If you are drunk and cause an accident, then you should pay the piper. Otherwise, it's none of anyone else's business.

For those "Don't drive after one beer" people, you're in the minority.

Otherwise, bars wouldn't have parking lots.

Try parking at Highlands or Supper Club.

I agree in that it's a matter of personal responsibility. And I certainly don't think that that personal responsibility is decided at whether or not you decide to drive after having one beer at Applebees.

DUI? Sorry Mr. Pitts, but, You are outta' here. No room for this on a team loaded with talent and class. :au::thumbsup:

This is like the third time Pitts has been in trouble with CTT.

The stuff I posted was about what the folks on ITAT were saying about 6 games and/or a transfer.

246997[/snapback]

Leaving for a rap career does not constitute "in trouble." He broke team rules in 2004, suspended for a game, and now this. If there is some mysterious other time that I have not heard of, I'd like to find out about it.

DUI?  Sorry Mr. Pitts, but, You are outta' here. No room for this on a team loaded with talent and class. :au:   :thumbsup:

247002[/snapback]

Then you agree Sears is outta here.

There are 4 levels of drinking and driving:

1) Legally Drunk:  The law is ridiculous as it is and it is just as dangerous to drive in the mornings when you first wake up then after the typical adult has a few beers.

2) Drunk:  At this point you shouldn't drive, but MOST adults are capable of making it home a short distance without being a danger to anyone else or themselves.

3) Wreckless driving while drunk at any level:  This is when people should be given DUI's since this is the only kind of driving that would require good reflexes and decison making. 

4)  Accident caused while drunk:  You should get a DUI if you cause one while drunk. 

Ultimately, I think it should be up to the individual.  If you are drunk and cause an accident, then you should pay the piper.  Otherwise, it's none of anyone else's business.

246998[/snapback]

Oh man, please tell me you are joking! You think it's ok for someone to get in a car, regardless of the amount of alcohol they have consumed as long as they don't "cause an accident". Maybe MOST adults are capable of making the short trip, but what about the SOME that don't and take someone's life? I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life and don't intend to, but I don't think anyone who has been drinking should be behind the wheel of a car, REGARLESS if they hit someone or not.

Guest Tigrinum Major
And, an uncontrollable urge to get drunk can lead to a miserable life.

That's a lie.

246986[/snapback]

The key word is uncontrollable.

I will agree that it is quite unfortunate that he made the mistake of getting a DUI. I also agree that I don't like for our team to have to have the egg on our face until this clears.

But I can't help but to think if we have been spoiled a bit in the last couple years, and now that we have 2 things happen relatively close together if we are having a group knee jerk reaction.

My first thought is we truely don't know enough about the circumstances to have a fully informed decision. If he was .01 over it is considerabley different than blowing a .22. Also, as much as I hate to say it, in our country the man is innocent until proven guilty and he shouldn't be dismissed from the team (if at all) until he is convicted.

At this point my opinion he we trust the coaching staff to analyze the data and make the correct decision. CTT has proven he makes fair and just decisions when it comes to the team (unlike some coaches) and I fully trust his judgement. I hope for Montae's sake everything turns out OK, and that he wisens up.

Oh man, please tell me you are joking! You think it's ok for someone to get in a car, regardless of the amount of alcohol they have consumed as long as they don't "cause an accident". Maybe MOST adults are capable of making the short trip, but what about the SOME that don't and take someone's life? I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life and don't intend to, but I don't think anyone who has been drinking should be behind the wheel of a car, REGARLESS if they hit someone or not.

I hope you never drive while talking to a passenger, talking on a cell phone, eating, etc.

Cell phone, eating, and makeup are all worse than driving moderately intoxicated...but you cant criminalize those things.

I have never had a drop of alcohol in my life and don't intend to

Then I don't think you are qualified to be in this debate.

That's a lie.

246986[/snapback]

247017[/snapback]

I have to disagree because alcohol, in any amount, negatively affects one's judgement. Unless you know something I don't, like maybe a positive product of alcohol consumption, other than Miller Brewery's earnings.

I hope you never drive while talking to a passenger, talking on a cell phone, eating, etc.

Cell phone, eating, and makeup are all worse than driving moderately intoxicated...but you cant criminalize those things.

247023[/snapback]

But what if you do these things WHILE intoxicated? :blink:

247023[/snapback]

I don't. Driving has my undivided attention. Distractions increase the risk to humanity, domesticated animals and wildlife.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well, we appear to be talking about two different things. His (deepseas') assertion was that an uncontrollable desire to get drunk will not lead to a miserable life. I disagreed that if a person has an uncontrollable desire to get drunk, then they will, in fact, lead an unhappy life, in 99.99% of cases.

Now, if your assertion is that alcohol is no good at all, I certainly respect your opinion and understand it, as I know others who feel the same way. This very topic has been debated ad naseum here before, so there is no reason to go down that road again.

Now, I believe that most reasonable people would agree with me if I said that a desire to drink does not neccesarily lead to an unhappy life. I partake from time to time (I believe my last beer was about three weeks ago), but I don't have an uncontrollable desire to get drunk. If it becomes uncontrollable and a problem, then yes, that will lead to an unhappy life.

Agreed?

I know that this is a bad thing that has happened both for the Auburn family and the Pitts family. This is never the type of news you want to be hearing about in the off-season.

I believe that there will be some type of punishment involved such as a few games suspension, and even more likely, morning workouts with Coach Yox. The specific length and type of punishment will probably vary depending on how a meeting wit the coaches goes and if they believe this was a one time occurance and will not happen again, or if this could be a re-occuring incident.

I am sure that something will be said about what the exact punishment for him will be, but until that point I am not going to make a judgements of decision on what should and should not be done. It's not my problem to decide this, the coaches will decide something and I am sure it will work.

DUI?  Sorry Mr. Pitts, but, You are outta' here. No room for this on a team loaded with talent and class. :au:   :thumbsup:

247002[/snapback]

247004[/snapback]

Yes. And I said so at the time. :rolleyes:

That's a lie.

246986[/snapback]

247017[/snapback]

I have to disagree because alcohol, in any amount, negatively affects one's judgement. Unless you know something I don't, like maybe a positive product of alcohol consumption, other than Miller Brewery's earnings.

247032[/snapback]

That is simply not true...I right now could have one drink and you wouldn't even know it and it would not affect my judgement. I understand you don't drink..that is your decision and perogative...but really most people can handle consuming alcohol just fine. Its those couple of bad apples out there that can't

247002[/snapback]

247004[/snapback]

Yes. And I said so at the time. :rolleyes:

247048[/snapback]

I didn't know what you said, I was just making sure you stuck by your judgement for both situations. Good that your consistent.

Harsh penalty I agree with. Laps, extra workouts with Yox, multiple game suspension, counseling with coaches...etc. If you truely care about this young man then kicking him off the team just compounds his problem. We don't know what the circumstances were. He made a mistake, a HUGE one. These guys are human. We all make 'em.

How many of you guys that drink can honestly say that you have NEVER driven while even being slightly impaired? Not many. I say give im a chance to be in an environment where he is supervised and counseled in a program such as ours so that he can fully understand the weight of his poor decision. I guess I'm just not as quick about pulling the trigger as some of you about this.

"It'd be alot cooler if you did."

david_wooderson.jpg

247073[/snapback]

Love it :lol:

"It'd be alot cooler if you did."

david_wooderson.jpg

247073[/snapback]

:thumbsup::lol:

Archived