Learning the Lesson...

DKW 86

I, begrudgingly, tell you that I have learned a lesson in all this. The stuff in the NYT article was a smear job, no doubt. Even if you keep yuor stuff clean as a whistle, you will still muddied up from time to time. I, we, have to learn and accept that.

I fully understand that I have pushed stories here and elsewhere that did not show some rival programs in a great light. I can honestly say that the rush to judgment in this case has shown me that I need to take a deep breath when these stories go the other way.

I will also tell you that I have learned to VIGOROUSLY defend AU at all costs on this stuff. The destruction of peoples' careers, lives, livelihoods should bnever be taken lightly.

Petee, Gundlach, and others are all likely ruined in some way about all this. Pretty sorry...All that happened elsewhere was that the NYT sold a few more papers and PF got a short ratings boost.

The staging of this stuff really gets to me though. Do you guys realize that the article was posted on the Internet just in time for PF to read it and comment on it and then get off the air without any real analysis? Arent you a little suspicious of that too?

agree with all those points.

Why these "professors" could not see the resulting actions

is hard to understand.

The fine morally upstanding media types wouldn't do that would they?

After all the abide by a "code of ethics"

Why these "professors" could not see the resulting actions is hard to understand.

247940[/snapback]

Because a lot of professors, not all, don't give a rip about football or any other REAL sports. They're too caught up with themselves and their research and view sports as a waste of time. I know some view football, especially football, as a sport for neanderthals and nothing would make some of them happier than for the athletic department to get a bad rap.

This disgruntled professor has an axe to grind and without football, nobody would give a rip.

david, i had this one figured from the start,and while it is none of my business what anyone on this board listens to, i have to ask"why does any AU fan listen to the little queer?"...i listened to wjox today and was pleasantly surprised in the way they handled it....they treated it as an embarrassing and regretable thing, but a real non-issue as far as it being newsworthy....i am suggesting that finebama listeners give wjox a listen instead of spending the afternoon being bombarded by his juvenile insults and innuendo's.....he is second in ratings in bammerham and if AU folks cut him off, it hurts him

Archived