Poor lil Willie...aint got no home...

DKW 86

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15061442.htm

Was that a lame attempt at a redo of "Lil Willie," a song from 1970s?

How big a thug do you have to be for :ut: to not take you? I heard Louisville wont take him either. If you are too big a thug for ThugU, you might as well just check into a prison somewhere.

No interest in Williams, two schools sayWest Virginia and Tennessee said they don't want linebacker Willie Williams, who is seeking to transfer from Miami.  :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:

BY MANNY NAVARRO

mnavarro@MiamiHerald.com

Linebacker Willie Williams asked the University of Miami to release him from his football scholarship last week, and so far at least two schools believed to be on his wish list say they don't want him.

Several reports during the weekend had the former Carol City All-American headed for West Virginia, but Mountaineers coach Rich Rodriguez refuted those stories Monday, calling them ``totally inaccurate.''

'He called and inquired and we said, `Thanks, but no thanks,' '' Rodriguez told The Charleston (W.Va.) Daily Mail in Monday's editions. ``I don't know where this stuff gets started, but he will not be transferring to West Virginia.''

Tennessee, another school in which Williams reportedly was interested, said the same Monday afternoon.

''We haven't talked to Willie, we haven't heard from Willie and we're not interested in Willie,'' said Scott Altizer, coordinator of recruiting operations for the Volunteers. ``We're in pretty good shape at that position, we have a couple guys we're recruiting there, and it's a pretty good bet he's not going to be here.''

HIGHLY RECRUITED

Williams, the nation's most highly recruited linebacker two years ago, has been unavailable for comment since it was learned last Tuesday that he was seeking a transfer. The 6-3, 230-pound sophomore entered the spring No. 2 on the depth chart at weak-side linebacker, but slipped further after missing most of the spring drills with a stomach virus.

Williams has been told by UM he will not be allowed to transfer within the Atlantic Coast Conference or to any school on Miami's schedule through 2009. That doesn't affect West Virginia or Lousville, which -- along with Fresno State -- is rumored to have interest in Williams.

If Williams transfers to a Division I-A program, he would be forced to sit out a year.

Carol City coach Walt Frazier, who coached Williams in his senior season, said Monday he hasn't seen or spoken to Williams since he graduated. Frazier said he is baffled by the developments since Williams left his program.

''I spoke with [uM defensive coordinator] Randy [shannon] last week and they have no idea what Willie is going to do or where he's going to go,'' Frazier said. ``To me, I thought he had the complete package. I don't understand why he didn't get on the field more. He had what it takes to get on the field and be a contributor. If he couldn't get on the field, it had to be other things -- a lack of focus, something like that.

''I'm disappointed in that I believe in loyalty,'' Frazier added. ``Those people at UM came out and stood behind him. You'd expect some loyalty on his part.''

CONTROVERSIAL PAST

Williams entered UM under controversy. He pleaded no contest to felony and misdemeanor charges for allegedly hugging a student against her will and discharging hotel extinguishers during a recruiting visit to the University of Florida. He had been arrested 10 times as a juvenile and was on probation at the time of the Gainesville incidents.

Under terms of his admission to UM, Williams was required to sit out the first four games of his freshman season. He wound up missing the entire season after sustaining a torn knee ligament in August 2004. Last season as a redshirt freshman, he had 17 tackles in a backup role.

Williams has had no known legal incidents while at UM. His attorney, Paul Lazarus, said last week that his probation -- which runs through February -- could be transferred with approval from a judge.

Mark Pray, UM's assistant athletic director for communications, said the school will not grant Williams' release until he decides where he is going. Pray added that Williams still could choose to return to Miami.

Willie is a low-life punk. He will be another whiney, it's all about me guy if he ever goes to the NFL. I hope noone ever hears about this guy again. That would be funny to not get an invite to another university or the NFL. A lot of these primadonna athletes don't realize you only have 15 seconds of fame nowadays unless you are really special. Schools can go out there and find many players who are just as good and have good attitudes. He isn't the only 5 star linebacker. He will be forgotten and should because even if he is all that, I wouldn't put up with his nonsense if I were a coach.

It may be a poor analogy, but maybe he'll wind up going the route of LeMarcus Rowell. Get his act together, whatever his problems may be, find a school that will take him where he's no longer a high profile, in the limelight athlete and finally concentrate on what's important. I'm sure if the kid keeps looking hard enough, there will be an opportunity for him somewhere, but that window is closing fast.

Ole Shrek will take him.

249606[/snapback]

WOW! That suddenly made so much sense...Great take on this...

I hope the kid does get his act together, but lets face facts, all things point to him not doing it so far.

Another take, if I was a Miami, I would be worried about someon not taking this guy. He could go all Eric Ramsey/Chris Keys on them before long.

Ole Shrek will take him.

249606[/snapback]

WOW! That suddenly made so much sense...Great take on this...

I hope the kid does get his act together, but lets face facts, all things point to him not doing it so far.

Another take, if I was a Miami, I would be worried about someon not taking this guy. He could go all Eric Ramsey/Chris Keys on them before long.

249678[/snapback]

I read that article and it sounds like Miami doesn't even know what's going on in his head. They said they won't grant his release until he announces where he's going and, ... they will still take him back.

Maybe being publicly rejected by UT & UWV will humble him just a bit. It's a shame because the kid seemed to have all the physical tools to play ball at this level. Unfortunately for him, his attitude wasn't as developed as his body. Some school is going to take a chance on him.

Archived