Tailgating rules?

AUHansel

Are there gonna be any new rules for tailgating this year? The last two years they have put a "gameday plan" on auburntigers.com but I haven't seen one yet for this year. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

I have no idea... but to ramble, I hope they set up some type of rule for people who love roping off an acre or 2 of land for their 4 seater volvo.

If you have a huge group, I can understand... but be considerate of the other 88,000+ tailgaters <_<

Yea, let me ramble too. At the AU/UGA game in 04' we arrived the night before in an RV. Came up on a large, open area you could park 20 RV's in. There were two lawn chairs with yellow tape at the entrance to this field. There were two RV's parked side by side in the field and they had about 75 yards of the street front taped off. One of the guy's told us it was all "Saved" because he had some friends coming in tomorrow...game day.

Again, you could park 20 RV's in this field. We just told him to get out of the way unless he wanted to get run over. We set up camp. I mean, you had to be there to really understand how selfish and ridiculous these folks were being.

It sounds like high school when some SOB would run in and save all the prime seating for all the other worhty people.

If you're not in the spot, then it's open. If you want a reserved spot, pay up for the good ones.

On this note...

I have a pretty good tailgate spot right by the band practice field. It is one of the few spots you can still park your vehicle on the grass and tailgate right beside it. Right behind where we tailgate along the street is a big field and we always leave a "lane" between vehicles or tents in there that is wide enough to drive a vehicle through and park in the field.

It is kind of hidden, but it is a fantastic spot. The only thing that sucks about it is that sometimes the traffic on Lem Morrison is bad, especially at the intersection with Donahue, so getting in/out may take a while if you don't get there early or leave late.

If anyone would like to park there or tailgate with us, please come on. Just don't take my spot!

there is acutally a stop light now at the coner of donahue and lem morrison so it might be a little better getting out this year.

I was in Auburn this past wekend for a wedding. I can assure you they had better kick the construction into HIGH gear or they will not be finished in time for the first game on Sept. 2nd. Then again, it may be proggressing "nicely". I admit, when it comes to construction, I have an untrained EYE.

I was in Auburn this past wekend for a wedding. I can assure you they had better kick the construction into HIGH gear or they will not be finished in time for the first game on Sept. 2nd. Then again, it may be proggressing "nicely". I admit, when it comes to construction, I have an untrained EYE.

253861[/snapback]

they'll finish. I've gone down there each of the last three weeks and been amazed at how much they get done each time. I think they're working overtime or something.

I was wondering if anyone knew. Can you put up a tent on Friday or does it have to wait until Saturday? Me and my fraternity brother were going to go down on Friday afternoon before Wash St. and sit there until 4:00 pm so we could rope off a small section for us. Just wondering if it was possible to put up a tent at that time too.

Ryan

I was wondering if anyone knew. Can you put up a tent on Friday or does it have to wait until Saturday? Me and my fraternity brother were going to go down on Friday afternoon before Wash St. and sit there until 4:00 pm so we could rope off a small section for us. Just wondering if it was possible to put up a tent at that time too.

Ryan

253879[/snapback]

Of course, you can see classmates all across campus doing the same thing during the day.

Folks,

There will be some changes to the tailgating on Magnolia coming from College, and around sections of the outer quad. There will be some information on this soon from the University.

The parking deck alongside Jordan Hare is finished. Also, the construction inside and around Jordan-Hare will be ready by Sept. 2. I am sure you will like the finished product. They have been working pretty hard the last few weeks out there.

If I hear anything, I will post it if DKW does'nt post it first.

:cheer: 33 days til it begins!

253861[/snapback]

they'll finish. I've gone down there each of the last three weeks and been amazed at how much they get done each time. I think they're working overtime or something.

253873[/snapback]

I am going by there pretty much every week...They will be finished. I am sure they get some kind of big bonus for finishing by a certain date. They have the iron works and the gates up on the west side now. The new ticket booth on the west side has two stone eagles on top front corners similar to those at the entrance to campus on Donahue at Magnolia. It is going to look fantastic!!!

You can put up your tents anytime after 4:00 on Friday.

The light on Donahue and Lem Morrison was there last year I thought. I'm in Auburn, so maybe I'm wrong.

I have heard a change in Tigerwalk restricting us from getting even remotely close.....what I hear is that it will be barricaded starting at the outfield level of the baseball field and stretch going up to the players entrance? If you've been to UT think their walk .....you can get to the street and thats it - noone will be allowed on the street.

Can anyone confirm this??

I have heard a change in Tigerwalk restricting us from getting even remotely close.....what I hear is that it will be barricaded starting at the outfield level of the baseball field and stretch going up to the players entrance? If you've been to UT think their walk .....you can get to the street and thats it - noone will be allowed on the street.

From what I hear, its just gonna be security guards on the first row of the tiger walk.... then fans. Regardless, its stupid. The news article talking about it was saying something like," we haven't had an accident yet... but it's better to prepare than to not prepare."

Ya....How long has the tiger walk been going on? And Zero accidents??? Geeze... :blink:

Off subject a little bit, some one who is going to the game on the 2nd take some pics of the new construction so those of us who are not able to make it can see the finished work on the inside and out.

From what I hear, its just gonna be security guards on the first row of the tiger walk.... then fans. Regardless, its stupid. The news article talking about it was saying something like," we haven't had an accident yet... but it's better to prepare than to not prepare."

Ya....How long has the tiger walk been going on? And Zero accidents??? Geeze... :blink:

While it is better to be safe than sorry.....I will be the first to say that if this is true, it sucks. This just....sucks. It shows a total lack of faith in the Auburn family on the part of the powers at be.

Let me trust the minimum wage earning CSC guys in their yellow windbreakers more than I trust my own people????????

HELLOOOOOOOOO! Do you KNOW what would happen to someone at Tiger Walk if they tried to hurt one of the players? They would probably get murdered the crowd would be so mad. 20,000 people stomping your *** or a CSC guy in a yellow windbreaker...you decide what's more intimidating.

as far as the construction going on campus...the stadium renovations will be complete no worry there however on the other side of the stadium by sept 2nd i'm guessing the eagle's cage won't be there. They have already started putting up posts to mark the perimeter for the new student union and demolition and flattening of the ground for the foundation shouldn't be far behind. hope no one was planning on tailgateing on any of the grass there because it won't be there to be tailgated on.

Archived