Anyone watching Sportcenters

jwise0022

Last night they picked the winners of the November 17th games. I am drawing a blank on his name, but one of the analysts picked Alabama over undefeated Auburn. His reasoning...Alabama has the best offensive line in the SEC??? Now, I can see reasons why someone might say Alabama could beat Auburn (game is in Alabama, Auburn is overconfident, Joe Kines, Kenny Irons and Courtney Taylor are injured, Doomsday, etc) but if your reasoning is that Alabama has the best o-line in the SEC, you're misinformed. This was the guy that picked us to win it all in 2003, and ever since he was embarrassed by his pick, he has been solidly against Auburn. They left it to Rece Davis (an Alabama grad) to break the tie and he said Auburn would win in an epic battle. Just thought people might find this interesting who haven't been watching ESPN lately.

Last night they picked the winners of the November 17th games. I am drawing a blank on his name, but one of the analysts picked Alabama over undefeated Auburn. His reasoning...Alabama has the best offensive line in the SEC??? Now, I can see reasons why someone might say Alabama could beat Auburn (game is in Alabama, Auburn is overconfident, Joe Kines, Kenny Irons and Courtney Taylor are injured, Doomsday, etc) but if your reasoning is that Alabama has the best o-line in the SEC, you're misinformed. This was the guy that picked us to win it all in 2003, and ever since he was embarrassed by his pick, he has been solidly against Auburn. They left it to Rece Davis (an Alabama grad) to break the tie and he said Auburn would win in an epic battle. Just thought people might find this interesting who haven't been watching ESPN lately.

Everyone in the country has Auburn in the top ten for best O-Line... Guy just wanted to create a unique pick.

I saw that earlier. Yea, I saw that. I just happened to catch it. I didn't know the tiebreaker guy was an Alabama graduate, he was standing and other two were sitting, right? I don't know most of those guys. But, I did see that.

yeah Rece Davis is an Alabama grad and chose Auburn to beat Alabama - he said it would be a really close game but that Auburn's offense would be really well balanced and that would make the difference.

Todd Blackledge - who i believe does some CBS games also picked Auburn and commented on the offensive weapons in Cox, Taylor and Irons

Finally Mark May - :no: - I have never liked Mark May. ESPN says "Mark say these words while you are on television and we'll give you $$$$ this much money" - then ESPN pulls on their puppet strings and the puppet that is Mark May emphatically agrees to the deal.

War Damn Eagle!

yeah Rece Davis is an Alabama grad and chose Auburn to beat Alabama - he said it would be a really close game but that Auburn's offense would be really well balanced and that would make the difference.

Todd Blackledge - who i believe does some CBS games also picked Auburn and commented on the offensive weapons in Cox, Taylor and Irons

Finally Mark May - :no: - I have never liked Mark May. ESPN says "Mark say these words while you are on television and we'll give you $$$$ this much money" - then ESPN pulls on their puppet strings and the puppet that is Mark May emphatically agrees to the deal.

War Damn Eagle!

WAFFLE! WAFFLE! WAFFLE! Maybe Mark May needs to become a politician or something, huh!?!? Blackledge did work at CBS and I believe he is full time now at ESPN. ESPN needed to validate there College Football staff better, since CTT ripped their coaches a new one last year (Donnan, Corso, Holtz, etc)! :roflol:

ESPN is becoming more like a soap opera/reality tv/wrestling show every day, creating and spewing crap every chance they get!

Who cares what they think - we're Auburn University!! War Eagle!! :au:

If/when ESPN gets competition in the College Football analysis, they will step it up. The ESPN NFL coverage is great, because they have to compete with CBS and Fox. Besides broadcasting games and some half time shows, ESPN has no competition on covering College Football.

Call me crazy, but I like Mark May. So he made one bad pick against us... oh well. Maybe yall missed seeing him pick us over LSU, FL, UGA etc?

12-0! Wooo!! If Bama had this happen on ESPN, they'd claim #13!

Call me crazy, but I like Mark May. So he made one bad pick against us... oh well. Maybe yall missed seeing him pick us over LSU, FL, UGA etc?

12-0! Wooo!! If Bama had this happen on ESPN, they'd claim #13!

Yeah, he was my favorite anchor back in 2004, but he's certainly had a change of heart.

You'd think he'd be singing our praises along with everyone else so he can be like "I told you people this two years ago, and no one gave them a chance".

A point you guys seem to be missing out on is that he picked us to win EVERY SINGLE game except Alabama, putting us at 11 - 1. From an unbiased standpoint, calling an upset against in a rivalry game such as UAT v Auburn is not that far fetched.

A point you guys seem to be missing out on is that he picked us to win EVERY SINGLE game except Alabama, putting us at 11 - 1. From an unbiased standpoint, calling an upset against in a rivalry game such as UAT v Auburn is not that far fetched.

My problem is not that he picked Bama, it is his reasoning. I can think of 4 schools off the top of my head that have a better o-line than bama. It seems he is looking at the number of stars the alabama o-line had when recruited, and not at on the field execution. No problem with his conclusion, just his reasoning. and it is my opinion that an analysts reasoning is what really matters, otherwise anyone could go on and makeup anything they feel like. even a broken clock is right...

yeah i feel like your objection is correct. an upset could very well happen, i'm scared to death of it, but it won't be because of a stellar UAT offensive line. as much smack as i like to talk to my bammer friends i am very scared of that game. off topic but is this the year that it is the week of thanksgiving or does that not start until next year?

yeah i feel like your objection is correct. an upset could very well happen, i'm scared to death of it, but it won't be because of a stellar UAT offensive line. as much smack as i like to talk to my bammer friends i am very scared of that game. off topic but is this the year that it is the week of thanksgiving or does that not start until next year?

Next year.

Archived