Anyone hear the Opening Drive on WJOX this AM?

MDM4AU

Larry M is a God and I will openly admit that. UGA football will never be the same when he steps down!

Man I like LM but I won't admit that to any of my UGAly friends. But after that beating they took from us in 04 I could just hear him and it made me laugh. He is so serious that it really cracks me up. He is a classic commentator.

I love the We's and Us's...heck thats how I talk when I'm talking about Auburn.

I agree that Munson is past his prime and it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to step down...but he is one of the classic voices of the SEC.

Just reading this thread made me remember how many little nuances the SEC has about it that makes it the best conference in the land.

You know what SUCKS? The PA guy at Miss State basketball and football games. That guy gets on my last nerve.

I couldn't agree more. The only thing more annoying is those freaking cowbells. It’s like the Blue Oyster Cult SNL skit gone horribly wrong. That alone is worth hating MSU.

As far as Munson, I was coming back with a group of friends from watching the AU vs Ole Miss game about 3 or 4 years ago. On the way back from the game to Atlanta we were listening to him call the UGA vs UF game. I swear to it, at one point UGA had the ball, three and interception and UF took it back for a TD....if you were watching tv you would have known this.... well, from what we could tell UGA had the ball, it was snapped, all hell broke lose and well UGA had the ball again, but then they didn't....and then they did...what? Then they went to commercial break. Had it just been me in the car I would have thought I had lost it, but there were several other people in the car and none of us knew what happened. Luckily when we got home we saw highlights and well, the rest is history.

My only question is home much of the game does he really see. It sounds like he gets a lot of info from his "point man."

This thread makes me miss Jim Fyffe...

I agree, I miss Mr. Fyffe as well. I hope he smiles down on the field as he gives the play by play call for all the angels in heaven.

<----------->

RIP, Jim

:(

Archived