Arkansas

Boonan

Arky ran out of gas. Played hard for a half, then got overrun. Not a horrible rep for the SEC. Could have been better.

Sideline chick made the comment that the 3 qbs for ARK do not talk to each other, do not support each other. Plenty of bad blood on that team.

Prediction: Without a BIG win this year, Nutt is gone.

Sideline chick made the comment that the 3 qbs for ARK do not talk to each other, do not support each other. Plenty of bad blood on that team.

Prediction: Without a BIG win this year, Nutt is gone.

Should have gone to Nebraska when he had the chance.

the offense they ran didn't make a lick of sense. that team is built to hand the ball off 30 times a game... i checked stats in the 3rd quarter and they had 14 designed run plays. the game wasn't even out of hand (16-7) when i looked so there was no reason to throw the ball so much. ESPECIALLY with robert johnson under center. he's not a passer!

i think nutt cost himself a decent season and a secure job by hiring that high school coach. what he's doing is forcing his players into his system (which doesn't match their skill set) instead of working the scheme to fit the players... like if borges had come to auburn and said "i don't care about carnell and ronnie; i love throwing the ball so that's what we're going to do." the hogs are either going to adjust quickly and start pounding the ball or they're going to look like msu on offense and get their butts beat every week.

the offense they ran didn't make a lick of sense. that team is built to hand the ball off 30 times a game... i checked stats in the 3rd quarter and they had 14 designed run plays. the game wasn't even out of hand (16-7) when i looked so there was no reason to throw the ball so much. ESPECIALLY with robert johnson under center. he's not a passer!

i think nutt cost himself a decent season and a secure job by hiring that high school coach. what he's doing is forcing his players into his system (which doesn't match their skill set) instead of working the scheme to fit the players... like if borges had come to auburn and said "i don't care about carnell and ronnie; i love throwing the ball so that's what we're going to do." the hogs are either going to adjust quickly and start pounding the ball or they're going to look like msu on offense and get their butts beat every week.

Kind of like Florida and Urban Meyer...without the talent.

At the end of the game, the announcers were ready to crown USC national champions again. Sometimes I hate ESPN.

Of course on ABC they called NDs game against Tech a gutsy performance, yet if it were any SEC team they would point out how weak they looked by allowing it to be so close.

At the end of the game, the announcers were ready to crown USC national champions again. Sometimes I hate ESPN.

Of course on ABC they called NDs game against Tech a gutsy performance, yet if it were any SEC team they would point out how weak they looked by allowing it to be so close.

This is so true. SportsCenter had extended commentary on the Ohio State/IN. Illinois game, ND/Ga Tech game, and North Texas/Texas game. Wow...some real powerhouse matchups there. Out of those three, the ranked teams received high praises. Then they started talking about baseball!! Forget Auburn's good showing against WSU guys?

I know it is nitpicky, but I really hate a team (USC) that when they have a several TD lead late in the game keep throwing the ball and doing everythign in their power to keep scoring. Some, including the announcers at the Ark game, say to live by the "I'm going to run my offense until you can stop me" mantra, but I figure once you've castrated the other team it's time to mail it in.

First off, Georgia Tech is a good team and the ND/Tech game was fantastic to watch. I have no problem with the media people talking about that game. Now the others, you are right on. Beatdowns against inferior competition. Auburn took care of business against a pretty good PAC-10 team and I think when the season is over, this win will look much better on our resume than it might right now. We can no longer worry about what the media says or does. It will not change until some other teams consistently win and win impressively. That's all Auburn can do. From my perspective, ESPN doesn't necessarily have a bias for ND/USC/Ohio State/Texas/Oklahoma as much as those are the teams that are either very well known by the entire country, ala Notre Dame, or these teams have been dominant over the last few years and won a national title. ESPN goes with the popular teams at the time and runs their coverage of them in the ground. Take a different set of teams like Miami/Florida St./Michigan/Florida assuming these teams are dominating at the time and ESPN would run their coverage of them in the ground. I hate that ESPN doesn't provide fair coverage to all teams of consequence, but it is how their shows are set up. ESPN is like that friend who is only your friend during the best of times.

At least the didnt get 70 scored on them! Speeding up the game helped them a lot!

What Jumbo said. If the rule change isnt there, this game could have easily been very close to the 70-17 thumping from last year. IOW, Ark has not gotten perceptively that much better in a year. W/O the new rules, this is likely a 64-17 or 64-21 game. The rules may have been the only real Ark improvement from last year. The O I saw had no rhythym at all. Malzahn looked lost as a goose.

Here's hoping that with McFadden back and healthy that they really do improve at some point this year.

Lou is a ND/ARK/South Carolina homer. I guess it's a good thing he didn't coach at Duke or Temple, because I don't think he's poor little heart could take it.

Ok...i'm going to stop before I go off about the Lou thing again.

ugh...

At least the didnt get 70 scored on them! Speeding up the game helped them a lot!

What Jumbo said. If the rule change isnt there, this game could have easily been very close to the 70-17 thumping from last year. IOW, Ark has not gotten perceptively that much better in a year. W/O the new rules, this is likely a 64-17 or 64-21 game. The rules may have been the only real Ark improvement from last year. The O I saw had no rhythym at all. Malzahn looked lost as a goose.

Here's hoping that with McFadden back and healthy that they really do improve at some point this year.

On that note, what sense does it make to initiate rule changes to speed up the game, and then put in this idiotic "official review" rule where they review every play. Every game I watched yesterday had at least three plays where they stopped the game to second guess the referee's decision, but didn't overturn any of them. IMO, if you are going to do it like this, get rid of the officials on the field and call the game from the pressbox.

If you want to speed the game up, let the refs do the job you hired them for in the first place and leave them alone. They will blow some calls every now and then, but they do their best and they usually do a pretty good job.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but that was something that kind of got under my skin.

Lou is a ND/ARK/South Carolina homer. I guess it's a good thing he didn't coach at Duke or Temple, because I don't think he's poor little heart could take it.

ugh...

Did every one hear Lou predict that Arkansas would win yesterday? He said that NOBODY comes into Fayettville and emarasses :arky: like USC did last year and gets away with it. Lou looks like a bigger dope every time he gets on TV.

And they didn't play Mustain yet because???

Looks like a pro on his first collegiate drive.

Too bad they're 30 points down.

Did you guys notice when he came in, the :arky: fans went crazy. He drove them something like 80 yds for a TD and the fans acted like they were winning the sugar bowl. Thought it was kinda funny, good props though for cheering for the kid. I think he will be a great addition to the SEC. Just hope he doesnt pick Bama apart.

Mustain has been named he starter for the coming week. He did that stuff against the third team USC D.

I didn't like that USC kept running it up by throwing the ball, actually I don't mind them still throwing, but if your up by that much at least use the second team players and still run your offense.

ugh...

Did every one hear Lou predict that Arkansas would win yesterday? He said that NOBODY comes into Fayettville and emarasses :arky: like USC did last year and gets away with it. Lou looks like a bigger dope every time he gets on TV.

Lou was also spot on with predicting that Cal was going to be National Champs this year too... :rolleyes:

Archived