Michael Bush gone for the season

AWK

Just went down with a broken leg in the UK v Louisville game. Keep him in your thoughts.

Don't have a link but they are reporting it during the game tonight. Happened in the third quarter. He had well over 100 yards and 3 TD's. Looked real good. Fell bad for him.

sorry...missed the other thread

heres the ESPN link

Louisville may yet win its first Big East football title, but it will have to do so without one of its star players.

Running back Michael Bush, who ran for 1,143 yards and 23 touchdowns in 2005, sustained a broken right leg in the No. 13 Cardinals' season opener against Kentucky. Bush, a much-hyped preseason Heisman Trophy candidate, was attended to by medical staff on the field before being carted off with an air cast on his leg a few minutes into the third quarter.

According to reports, Bush, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound senior, has a broken tibia, a large bone in the lower leg.

Link

Man that's awful. It's terrible for any player to get hurt and miss games, but when you get hurt in the first game of your Senior season...that's sad.

Yah i saw it live. Very sad he coulda gone pro but came back from his senior season to get knocked out of the season on his first game. Hopefully everything works out for him.

I was looking at the lack of senior running backs in the country at NFLDraftCountdown.com

With Bush going down today, the best senior running backs (according to this site) are:

1) Kenny Irons - Auburn

2) Kenneth Darby - Alabama

3) Tony Hunt - Penn St.

4) Tyrone Moss - Miami [FL]

5) Courtney Lewis - Texas A&M

6) Lorenzo Booker - Florida St.

7) Ronnie McGill - N. Carolina

8) DeShawn Wynn - Florida

9) Justin Vincent - LSU

10) Garrett Wolfe - N. Illinois

It might be very wise for guys like Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson to come out this year. I see a HUGE dropoff between Darby and Hunt on that board. Personally, I would have Alley Broussard (LSU) on that list as well in place of Wynn or McGill.

Archived