Maryland @ West Virginia

tgr4lfe

WVU is very good. They are up 28-0 on Maryland. The first quarter is not even over. Of course, Maryland has turned the ball over twice, but watching the WVU O is phenomenal. They have so many guys that can run!!! Defense seems to still be vulnerable. But they have brought the pressure to QB so far, what little time Maryland has had the ball. It will take a very fast disciplined defense to beat WVU. With the miss direction plays WVU has if the back side DE bits inside on off tackle, they will toast you on the pitch back. Slaton is for sure one of the best RBs in the country.

I thought that only the runner who fumbled the ball into the end zone could recover it, if someone else recovers it doesn't it return to the point of fumble?

I'm remembering the Georgia game when we were able to run more time off the clock and kick the field goal for win last year.

Am I wrong?

They know they are going to run the ball but can't stop anything. It's just helpless and sad.

wv runnning game would not hold up against the speed of and au defense especially with the speed we on the ends. remember how good miss. st defense was against the run? wv will find out in a few weeks.

I agree with Herby.. looks like WVU defensive weakness is in secondary. Maryland WRs have been open everywhere.

I thought that only the runner who fumbled the ball into the end zone could recover it, if someone else recovers it doesn't it return to the point of fumble?

I'm remembering the Georgia game when we were able to run more time off the clock and kick the field goal for win last year.

Am I wrong?

I'm thinking that's only on a 4th down play....but maybe I'm mistaken. I'll look it up.

Am I wrong?

I'm thinking that's only on a 4th down play....but maybe I'm mistaken. I'll look it up.

I think Argo is correct.

There isnt enough goo in the world so that the Terps WRs could catch that ball.

Wow, it was almost that bad in the Iron Bowl.

then they go to half time and talk about...you guess it.. USC against UN. Oh yeah..that's the game of the weekend....give me a break. If they could get away with it, I bet they wouldn't talk about the SEC.

I hate espn

Am I wrong?

I agree with the fourth down play rule applying to the fumble into the end zone. I believe that's what they called against us.

Lou..."I'll take the University of Auburn."

This is the same guy that was talking about UGA's QB last season now with the Flacons "DJ Stockly."

Who?

ESPN....Biggest joke on TV

Don't we play West Virgina in 2008/9?

Yes we do..Slaton and White will be Seniors. Maybe they will move on to the NFL after junior year. I hope.

WVU about to cost me if they don't cover. Playing lax defense on this last drive only up by 21. =(

No kidding, I was sweating that one out. Almost got the backdoor cover. Thank goodness the freshman dropped that pass on 4th down! Good start to the weekend! :cheer:

Archived