AU on Offense

kingfish

During the 4th quarter Cox tried on to quieten our fans when we were linng up to get off a play. How can we educate our people to ease up when we are lining up to get an offensive play off? Otherwise the crowd noise was as good as I can remember.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Its not uncommon for the QB to have to control the crowd. No harm.

It was one of the loudest day games I can remember. Truly a sound to behold.

Its not uncommon for the QB to have to control the crowd. No harm.

It was one of the loudest day games I can remember. Truly a sound to behold.

From where I was it didn't appear that the crowd reduced responded by reducing the noise.

I think you just have to remind people around you by doing the "quiet down" motion when we line up on offense. Games like that are so exciting that you are totally absorbed into the action and sometimes folks forget any "etiquette" that is called for.

I think the average AU fan is a little more educated about football than most. Most of the AU fans I have known have at least known the rules, players, positions, basic schemes, as well as how to behave in the stands. However, its easy to go a little nuts in a game of that magnitude. The harm a few screaming fans did while we were on offense paled in comparison to the nighmare JaMarcus must have had trying to audible over the din of 87,000+ rabid Tigers :)

I thought it was very very loud but Russell didn't have any problems with it. He never really tried to audible, but the noise didn't really seem to phase him.

They had to quiet us down after turning the ball over on a 4th down play...I see no harm in the students realizing the game was almost over and getting excited. That stadium was rocking though. Very exciting.

I thought it was very very loud but Russell didn't have any problems with it. He never really tried to audible, but the noise didn't really seem to phase him.

That comes from playing home games in BR. :lsu: is one of the few teams I would expect to be affected by crowd noise.

During the 4th quarter Cox tried on to quieten our fans when we were linng up to get off a play. How can we educate our people to ease up when we are lining up to get an offensive play off? Otherwise the crowd noise was as good as I can remember.

WAR EAGLE!!!

I don't know how we could do it.....an even bigger disappointment to me is that some students don't know how to be quiet during the national anthem, which is frustrating as people have died for our country and these morons can't be quiet and sit still for a minute or so....it's embarassing, but I'm sure it happens everywhere...

(I'm a student, and hate that some of my peers act this way, and hopefully no one else in the stadium can hear these folks).

Getting back on topic I wish there was a way for people to understand that when the quarterback is motioning his arms down it means get quiet...........

Archived