Football Rumor Mill .com

DKW 86

http://footballrumormill.com/Scoop.htm

Chill out CTT is going nowhere near that screwed up mess at Miami.

Southern Miss is the best team in the state of Mississippi. Ole Miss and Mississippi State are in a contest for the two worst teams in the history of the SEC.

Larry Coker will soon be out of a job in Miami. After Saturday, there's no way the Hurricane faithful will allow him to continue. Early names: Auburn's Tommy Tuberville, Rutgers' Greg Schiano, former coach Butch Davis.

Chuck Amato will soon be out at NC State. Early names: LSU's Jimbo Fisher, former Georgia coach and NCSU alum Jim Donnan.

Ditto for UNC's John Bunting.

Add Kansas, Virginia and Maryland to the hot seat list!

What a great job by Mike Belloti and Oregon!

Alabama isn't back. In fact, the Tide isn't very good.

Ron Zook does not deserve the mess he inherited at Illinois. The Illini have a long way to go.

http://footballrumormill.com/Scoop.htm

Chill out CTT is going nowhere near that screwed up mess at Miami.

Southern Miss is the best team in the state of Mississippi. Ole Miss and Mississippi State are in a contest for the two worst teams in the history of the SEC.

Larry Coker will soon be out of a job in Miami. After Saturday, there's no way the Hurricane faithful will allow him to continue. Early names: Auburn's Tommy Tuberville, Rutgers' Greg Schiano, former coach Butch Davis.

Chuck Amato will soon be out at NC State. Early names: LSU's Jimbo Fisher, former Georgia coach and NCSU alum Jim Donnan.

Ditto for UNC's John Bunting.

Add Kansas, Virginia and Maryland to the hot seat list!

What a great job by Mike Belloti and Oregon!

Alabama isn't back. In fact, the Tide isn't very good.

Ron Zook does not deserve the mess he inherited at Illinois. The Illini have a long way to go.

No worries. Even if he did, AU would do well to promote Al Borges.

I like Tubby and all, but Auburn would survive. Coaches change alliegence all the time nowadays so you have to come to expect it. Auburn just needs to keep winning and it will be fine. If Tubby were to leave, there would be a bunch of big name people coming for the interview. Auburn is officially back!

I agree, I think Auburn has grown enough in prestige that we could lure a big name coach here. I don't think we did that when get got Tubbs, and I think we lucked out with him being a great coach. I think we've been consistent enough and have the facilities to bring big time coaching if we were to lose TT. Also, I think Borges would be a terrible HC. I think he's content being a OC, but I may be wrong. Good HC's are more like CEO's hiring quality assts to run the everyday stuff. Tubbs has been great at judging talent with the exception of Nall and Emsinger.

I really don't think Tubs would give up the great lifestyle here on the Plains and move his family to the thug infested streets of Miami. Not that he would not transfer at some point, but I don't think Miami will be it.

If and when he does leave, I agree, we will be fine.

no offense to folks that say otherwise, but i think tubby is as important to auburn's success as bellichek is to the new england patriots. we run a competely different kind of program from most primetime schools, and tubby's the reason for our success. do i think we'd cave to nothingness? no. but i do think we'd suffer in the long run. he might be the best coach ever to walk out of the tunnell at jordan-hare, and that's saying something huge.

all that said, miami can't pay him, and he doesn't want to leave.

What everyone else said. Tuberville has a couple of young kids, and I'm sure he doesn't want to move them to Miami. Maybe in the past he would have liked to have gone there, but I would think his priorities now would be a bit different.

On top of that, he is King in Auburn. Why leave?

AU fans should be more concerned with Texas A&M's head coaching job than Miami. If Franny is let go at TAMU, Tubby would be the number one target for them, and they can easily afford his buyout.

At Texas A&M he would only have two games to worry about every year, UT and OU. No more LSU, UGA, FLA, and Bama games and the headaches involved with the SEC. Plus it would be much easier to compete for the National Championship at TAMU.

AU fans should be more concerned with Texas A&M's head coaching job than Miami. If Franny is let go at TAMU, Tubby would be the number one target for them, and they can easily afford his buyout.

At Texas A&M he would only have two games to worry about every year, UT and OU. No more LSU, UGA, FLA, and Bama games and the headaches involved with the SEC. Plus it would be much easier to compete for the National Championship at TAMU.

Huh??

Tubb's last coaching job will be at Auburn.

He loves it here and has built a dominating program.

His family loves it.

There are a couple of reasons he won't leave that are not public as well.

David and a couple others on here probably know what I am talking about.

Hahahahahah! If you are Tommy Tuberville, why would you go anywhere else? You already have plenty of money in the bank. You have a program at the pinnacle of success. You are competing for conference championships and national championships every year. You have built a program to possibly its most glorious period to date.

And right when all of this starts, you are going to leave and go somewhere like Miami....where the players engage in shootouts with drive-by shooters in their spare time?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

With CTT's strict discipline, most of Miami's team would be suspended before the season was half over. He had to rebuild Ole Miss (as best he could with the facilities), had to rebuild Auburn... I think he's had enough of that.

...and much harder to recruit. He could never out recruit Texas, OU, Nebraska, et al, at A&M. And at his age, when you've built something that is running smoothly, would you really want to start over, uproot your family? I mean, how much money is enough? He has a great house on the lake and all...and he can stay at AU as long as he wants. No way he leaves.... :no:

:au::homer:

...and much harder to recruit. He could never out recruit Texas, OU, Nebraska, et al, at A&M. And at his age, when you've built something that is running smoothly, would you really want to start over, uproot your family? I mean, how much money is enough? He has a great house on the lake and all...and he can stay at AU as long as he wants. No way he leaves.... :no:

:au::homer:

Tommy has the system and program runing here now. He would have to kill himself to resurrect TAMU. Fran cant recruit a thing, never has. TAMU is likely 3-4 years from challenging Texas or oklahoma.

Have to throw Texas Tech in there also. ATM can afford the buyout, they got a ton of money. Reason I don't see Tuberville going to aTM is because of where the two programs are at right now... and that is different ends of the spectrum. I think Fran (who was known for rebuilding) has demonstrated that Texas aTm isn't the easy fixer upper that alot of people would think it was. Tuberville is established at Auburn with a program that is set to be a top 10 every year and the abilty to makes runs for the NC. ATM is a long way from that.

I agree with all the other comments regarding Texas A&M, plus will throw in a couple more:

1) Since 2003, he has pretty much taken control over any dissenting elements among the powers-that-be. After Jetgate, 13-0, and with the state of the program now, he's pretty much invunerable barring a major collapse that I dont foresee. At A&M, he'd be back to into that political malstrom (sp?) all over again. A&M's boosters and PTB may be as rabid and self-righteous as Bama's and why put himself back into that nightmare?

2) He owns this state and dominates his biggest state rival. AT A&M, he'd be starting over as "Little Brother" to UT.

Finally, I agree with those who said he probably isn't eager to get back to a "rebuilding" project. He's spent his head coaching career pulling teams up from the gutter. At this age, I think he's ready to enjoy being on top and savor the fruits of his rebuilding labors.

Archived