This will shut 'em up

PChamp119

Yeah...the SEC refs arent going to come out and say they made the wrong call.

Their argument doesnt even fly. They never called the ball uncatchable. And the excuse here is saying he tipped the ball before there was contact. Which is obviously incorrect.

Nice post PChamp(although I doubt it will shut them up) Heres the story so yall dont have to go to the link:

Upon further review

SEC: Officials made correct calls at Auburn-LSU

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- The Southeastern Conference determined that officials made the right decision in reversing a pass interference call late in the Auburn-LSU game.

"Basically, the call of removing the flag would be correct because the ball was uncatchable after the defender tipped it," SEC media relations director Charles Bloom said Monday.

Auburn defensive back Zach Gilbert was flagged for interfering with receiver Early Doucet deep in Auburn territory in the 7-3 LSU loss. The flag was waved off because officials deemed that Eric Brock's tip of the ball made it uncatchable.

Another controversial fourth-quarter call that went Auburn's way was also correct, Bloom said.

An LSU interception on third-and-29 was negated because Daniel Francis was penalized for interference on receiver Courtney Taylor, giving Auburn an automatic first down.

That pass was ruled a catchable ball, Bloom said.

LSU coach Les Miles had complained after the game about both decisions, saying the interference on Taylor "didn't disable him from catching the ball."

Miles also said he believed the other play should have been pass interference because the ball was tipped downfield, not at the line of scrimmage.

The rule states only that an infraction occurs when the contact "could prevent the opponent the opportunity of receiving a catchable forward pass."

If that is the case then the call when they intercepted the ball and CT got interfered with should not have been called. I thought it was a bad call but it was pretty close. I don't think he could have made the catch regardless if Gilbert was there or not but there was interference on the play. Bad calls happen every game. You just have to hope that your team can overcome the calls and not let them beat you.

If that is the case then the call when they intercepted the ball and CT got interfered with should not have been called. I thought it was a bad call but it was pretty close. I don't think he could have made the catch regardless if Gilbert was there or not but there was interference on the play. Bad calls happen every game. You just have to hope that your team can overcome the calls and not let them beat you.

Actually what your missing AUHansel is that CT could have made that catch or at least "made a play for it" before he was tackled. He was tackled and never had a "play on the ball" and therefore the 2nd LSU defender was able to go up for an interception. In the tipped ball case, whether Gilbert makes contact or not doesnt matter the ball was tipped and Doucet would have not been able to catch it or "make a play on it"

Yeah...reviews after a game never determine that the wrong call was made...what a dumb statement, BG.

The difference between the LSU PI that wasn't and the AU PI that was is that CT's feet were on the ground making him able to get to make an adjustment on the ball...Doucet was already in the air when he was touched and its very hard to adjust on a ball when you're already in the air.

Try it..everyone at their desks today. Get up and stand to the right of your chair. jump to your right..now without touching the ground land back in your chair.

Exactly...

I just don't know why everyone is using the pics and videos to say this was the wrong call. If we do that, then go back to every call or no call in the game and critique that as well. These guys made what they thought was the correct call at the time. I've officiated hockey at a pretty high level and I know the pressure when you have a split second decision. You go with your gut. Sometimes you see the wrong thing. I'm sure Auburn will be victim of a bad call at some point. But thats life and thats sports and good teams pick themselves up and move on. I still remember a no call on Deion Sanders in the Sugar Bowl in 89, but then, I"m not one for holding grudges :)

LOL the damn ball was tipped!!! it is clear as day if you watch the replay and the rule is if the ball is tippped by the defender the ball becomes "uncatchable"........good defensive play is all that was

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

Bang Bang judgement call, could have gone either way. WDE!

Time to get prepped for Buffalo.

Actually what your missing AUHansel is that CT could have made that catch or at least "made a play for it" before he was tackled. He was tackled and never had a "play on the ball" and therefore the 2nd LSU defender was able to go up for an interception. In the tipped ball case, whether Gilbert makes contact or not doesnt matter the ball was tipped and Doucet would have not been able to catch it or "make a play on it"

CT would have been going up for that ball had he not gotten knocked out of bounds. The safety might have very well still intercepted it b/c he would have been cutting in front of CT or cam into his side, regardless CT never got the chance to try b/c he basically got tackled out of bounds.

In watching the replay, Gilbert falling into Doucet didn't even phase him. It didn't spin him around or even knock his feet out from under him. He probably falls into his lower leg a split second before Brock knocks the ball away, but I do not believe that Gilbert interfered with him catching the ball had it not been knocked away. As a matter of fact, I think Doucet catches that ball if Brock does not knock it away, b/c Doucet is squared up with the line of scrimmage and preapring to catch. The ball was coming almost right at him maybe even a little bit behind him.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

Bang Bang judgement call, could have gone either way. WDE!

Time to get prepped for Buffalo.

That's what I'm talking about! Good post, madkat!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Re: original post.

Obviously, you are not familiar with the concept of fans, which is short for fanatic. No one who has an opinion on this is going to be swayed by any argument from someone on an internet message board or the SEC office. They have their view of things, you have yours and never the twain shall meet.

If it makes you feel better to post this, Godspeed, but don't expect it to convince a rival fan that the call was legit.

Yeah...reviews after a game never determine that the wrong call was made...what a dumb statement, BG.

The difference between the LSU PI that wasn't and the AU PI that was is that CT's feet were on the ground making him able to get to make an adjustment on the ball...Doucet was already in the air when he was touched and its very hard to adjust on a ball when you're already in the air.

Try it..everyone at their desks today. Get up and stand to the right of your chair. jump to your right..now without touching the ground land back in your chair.

Exactly...

I think BG should be disciplined...NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU! :)

:au::homer:

Does anyone really give a rip what bammer fans think?

The SEC said it was the right call, that's good enough for me!

Whether it was the right call, or the wrong call...I don't even want to know! It's not goin to change anything. Auburn has the W, LSU has the L. Bad calls, or no calls...thats part of college football. It's going to happen to every team sometime down the road. Yes, this game was SO close, but whats done is done. I just look at the bright side....at least we didnt get as screwed as Oklahoma! Next year hopefully my tigers can get revenge :) , But until then....lets just worry about the rest of this damn season!

:lsu: GEAUX TIGERS!!

What is amazing about this, is that the LSU fans seem to be more receptive to the call and the outcome than the bama fans. The bammers continue to be up in arms about this.

Yeah...the SEC refs arent going to come out and say they made the wrong call.

Their argument doesnt even fly. They never called the ball uncatchable. And the excuse here is saying he tipped the ball before there was contact. Which is obviously incorrect.

"Obviously incorrect"? The last time I checked, the refs, not coaches, have the last word on who is and is not correct. (Man, you uat folks have a REAL problem with authority.) B)

p.s. Although I know it pains you that Auburn is the #1 team in the SEC West, have no fear. Your "team" will have an opportunity to play both AU and LSU. :big:

Whether it was the right call, or the wrong call...I don't even want to know! It's not goin to change anything. Auburn has the W, LSU has the L. Bad calls, or no calls...thats part of college football. It's going to happen to every team sometime down the road. Yes, this game was SO close, but whats done is done. I just look at the bright side....at least we didnt get as screwed as Oklahoma! Next year hopefully my tigers can get revenge :) , But until then....lets just worry about the rest of this damn season!

:lsu: GEAUX TIGERS!!

What a classy post. I wish you and your TEAM the all the best the rest of the season! :cheer:

I make the motion that we :au: people enact a 72 hour ban on discussing "bammer thoughts" on this board. Their opinion carries less weight to me than that of a 52 year old prostitute.

72 hours!

Archived