Davis Wants Miami Gig?

DKW 86

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Davis Wants Miami Gig?

Reaffirming a story that we posted earlier this fall, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald is reporting that former Hurricane/Cleveland Brown coach Butch Davis would be interested in the Miami Hurricane head coaching job gig -- and Miami would be interested in him returning.

Per Jackson, when Coker is fired (no "ifs" here people), Miami intends to conduct a national search, and besides Davis, Rutgers coach (and ex-UM assistant) Greg Schiano, Auburn's Tommy Tuberville and Georgia's Mark Richt would draw interest from Miami.

Jackson also adds that Davis has some internal support, but it's not universal in the school administration. In fact, Davis, who coached Miami from 1995 through 2000, left Miami on bad terms because Hurricane officials thought he was staying when he took the Cleveland Browns job.

Jackson also confirms what our sources have told us: Davis wants the Dallas job when Bill Parcels leaves that gig. Jackson also adds that if the Cowboys job doesn't materialize, Davis would not only be interested in the Miami job but also the North Carolina gig if John Bunting is let go there.

Though Coker has three years and more than $5.5 million left on his contract after this season, UM would need to pay only slightly more than $2 million in a buyout. UM officials worry about how the program's decline will affect recruiting, attendance and donations. One wealthy booster privately has spoken of raising money for Coker's buyout, though UM never has asked boosters to do that with any coach.

If that site ever nails a single rumor, then I will take them seriously

Slink, have a sense of humor.... ;)

I did until that idiotic site started a rumor that the NCAA was about to hit UGA with severe football sanctions a year or two ago.

Then another about Benson having already 'sold' the Saints.

I think it was then I realized the site is run a guy at his house...where he makes up rumors and cites false sources.

But, maybe that is just me

Archived