Virginia Tech #11, Alabama unranked?

AuburnRugby17

Can someone explain to me and or justify Virginia Tech being ranked this highly in the polls with such a weak ACC schedule, while Alabama is not even ranked? Trust me, I loathe Alabama as much as the next guy come November, but I think logic like this only hurts Auburn in respect to strength of schedule. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Because someone in the ACC has to be ranked high? They may not deserve it, but there has to be some push for that conference by ESPN.

Though, to be honest, I don't think Tech is that bad of a team.

Simple, really. Virginia Tech > :ua:

It's common knowledge uat hurts everybodies strength of schedule.

LSU, Georgia, Florida can pick up the slack. When uat warrants to be ranked

they will be. After all they are back.

Simple, really. Virginia Tech > :ua:

Good point. If VT plays Alabama tomorrow who is favored?

Neutral field? VT by 7

At VT? VT by 10+

At BDS? VT by 3 - 5

And I think that's justified. VT would win at any venue. Maybe if BDS was a true home field advantage, UA would be closer, but the stadium -- even with the new renovations -- is a funeral parlor most of the time.

Just having watched both teams, I think Va. Tech is a better team. And even though their schedule so far is no stronger than Bama's (prolly weaker), they've manhandled them all while Bama has struggled against two of the three.

I wouldn't put them quite that high. In fact, on Fanspoll.com, I have Va. Tech ranked #13 and Bama at #21. But that can change easily depending on what other teams around them do. I don't lock anyone into a spot and keep them there just for winning. If someone under them has the same record and is looking more impressive or winning against much stronger opposition, I'll move that team ahead.

another reason they're ranked higher is that prior to the season, most people thought they were better than alabama, and neither team has done anything would cause people to believe differently.

It's common knowledge uat hurts everybodies strength of schedule.

for proof of this, just look at what playing them did for our BCS standings in 2004. A "tough" win at bama appeared to hurt us, not help us.

It's still early, this time last year :ua: was ranked 20 and :au: was on the outside looking in, the polls will take care of themselves in time.

Excuse me trying to bring some logic to a board full of flamers though, AU-Ole Miss are still tied in SEC football championships, and Alabama has still posted a better record than the Barn over the past 15 games. :poke:

Excuse me trying to bring some logic to a board full of flamers though, AU-Ole Miss are still tied in SEC football championships, and Alabama has still posted a better record than the Barn over the past 15 games. :poke:

Keep holding onto that....You won't have much else to grasp. :big:

It's still early, this time last year :ua: was ranked 20 and :au: was on the outside looking in, the polls will take care of themselves in time.

Let's play that GAME.....uat has lost more SEC games in the last two games of '05 than Auburn has lost in the past THREE years! :lol::lol::lol::poke:

How does it feel being unable to beat that cow college across the state?

Just having watched both teams, I think Va. Tech is a better team. And even though their schedule so far is no stronger than Bama's (prolly weaker), they've manhandled them all while Bama has struggled against two of the three.

I wouldn't put them quite that high. In fact, on Fanspoll.com, I have Va. Tech ranked #13 and Bama at #21. But that can change easily depending on what other teams around them do. I don't lock anyone into a spot and keep them there just for winning. If someone under them has the same record and is looking more impressive or winning against much stronger opposition, I'll move that team ahead.

to be honest, bama has not played anyone.........i realize we played hawaii....but how good are they really? Bama right mow doesnt need to be ranked, if they are.....its 25.........bama has to play someone a little better and actaully handle them.......if bama beats Arkansas this weekend, they will be ranked.

to be honest, bama has not played anyone.........i realize we played hawaii....but how good are they really? Bama right mow doesnt need to be ranked, if they are.....its 25.........bama has to play someone a little better and actaully handle them.......if bama beats Arkansas this weekend, they will be ranked.

But can you honestly say that Virginia Tech has played anybody with any reputable degree of competitive football? In my opinion, they won't all season. All of you defending Tech right now my be regreting your defense come January. Virginia Tech is another media darling those analysts love to hype.

Hawaii won 3 quarters and Vandy should be National Champs using bammer logic

i didnt say anything about vandy being good, nor did i really give hawaii respect either......bammer logic......please come up with something a little more original....i think i have heard that for like the 1,000,000 time this past month.

i didnt say anything about vandy being good, nor did i really give hawaii respect either......bammer logic......please come up with something a little more original....i think i have heard that for like the 1,000,000 time this past month.

Sorry thats what you are going to get on an Auburn chat board

Welcome to the board, Shane from Centerpoint!

Archived