Have to brag a bit

DaddyBoyAU

If you remember the "Mark My Word" thread a while back, I admitted that the past couple of years I haven't predicted well

... my "Mark my word" predictions have never come true (2004 I said VA Tech would beat USC, 2005 I stated that Tenn would lose the first two SEC games and go undefeated afterward).

But this year I was dead on:

Mark My Word: Tennessee will upset Cal.

Mark My Word: Arkansas beats Alabama with a Mustain lead offense.

Maybe I'm making it happen... :) Nah... Just lucky.

But just in case:

Mark My Word: Auburn wins the BCS National Championship this season.

:au:B)

Mark My Word 2006

:ua: will do better than expected as CMS gets his sea legs. I say 8-4 to 9-3 and the talk of a MNC in 2007 will be deafening. John Jacob Jingleheimer-Smith will be considered much more a qb than Brodie by December.

:au: will win 12-13 games this year and an Title, The SEC West, and a Thumb in the Iron Bowl. Bama will not notice as they start to wear "Got 13?" T-shirts by mid season.

:uf: will finally be exposed because they do not have a running game.

:ut: will name streets after CDC as they return to near perfect form and challenge for an SEC East title.

:uga: will finally have a down year for them, say only 8-9 wins. FR qb will be starting by season's end.

:lsu: will start to see cracks in CLM as the season wears on. LSU still wins 9-10 games.

:arky: will win 7 games and scare USC for a while giving their fans hope. Ark will upset someone this season as per Ark norm.

So. Car. will win 8-9 games as the D jells under Tyrone Nix. O features return of suspended rb and they romp in some games. Look for a great recruiting year from CSS.

I think I am on track for everyone but So. Carolina.

Alabama will be shouting "MNC for 2007," wait and see.

Auburn needs a little more O and all will be well. But if the D jells any better, we wont need a lot more O.

Florida still doesnt have a run game other than Tebow.

UT is doing better that some expected.

UGA is starting Stafford.

Ark has already pulled off the upset I said they would.

So. Car.? Well you cant win them all...

:ua: will do better than expected as CMS gets his sea legs. I say 8-4 to 9-3 and the talk of a MNC in 2007 will be deafening. John Jacob Jingleheimer-Smith will be considered much more a qb than Brodie by December.

:au: will win 12-13 games this year and an Title, The SEC West, and a Thumb in the Iron Bowl. Bama will not notice as they start to wear "Got 13?" T-shirts by mid season.

:uf: will finally be exposed because they do not have a running game.

:ut: will name streets after CDC as they return to near perfect form and challenge for an SEC East title.

:uga: will finally have a down year for them, say only 8-9 wins. FR qb will be starting by season's end.

:lsu: will start to see cracks in CLM as the season wears on. LSU still wins 9-10 games.

:arky: will win 7 games and scare USC for a while giving their fans hope. Ark will upset someone this season as per Ark norm.

So. Car. will win 8-9 games as the D jells under Tyrone Nix. O features return of suspended rb and they romp in some games. Look for a great recruiting year from CSS.

I think I am on track for everyone but So. Carolina.

Alabama will be shouting "MNC for 2007," wait and see.

Auburn needs a little more O and all will be well. But if the D jells any better, we wont need a lot more O.

UT is doing better that some expected.

UGA is starting Stafford.

Ark has already pulled off the upset I said they would.

So. Car.? Well you cant win them all...

So you still think we will see cracks in Miles?

MARK MY WORD...

- :uk: will be vastly improved this year, yet still finish 5th in the East

-Shaun Alexander will fall victim to both the SuperBowl runner-up and the Madden curse. (Not a wish of mine, just a prediction.)

-At the end of the season, Coach Tuberville will grow a new thumb on his right hand, so that Tiger Rags can keep selling "Fear the Thumb" shirts.

- :arky: will be banned from the SEC, due to too many homo-erotic statements made by CBS commentators. Too many Johnsons and Dicks in one broadcast. Oh yeah, Coach Nutt is playing the Trojans.

Well, UK is slightly improved.

Muschamp better be ready to put a stop to that kid...I am getting really sick of hearing his name down here. :puke: You'd think he was Danny Wuerffel

So you still think we will see cracks in Miles?

See: http://auburn.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1...190&style=1

Saw this on another board.

We have more FR and SO on our two deep than any of the top 5 teams (AU, UGA, LSU, UT, UF). Throw in Bama for comparison sake too - not because they are a powerhouse, but because they keep telling themselves that they suck because they are young - AU is younger and much much better.

If I were a Bama fan, then I'd just have to say to myself "I be go to hell".

TEAM------OFFENSE------DEFENSE------TOTAL

Auburn--------10------------11-----------21

UT------------10------------10-----------20

Alabama-------11-------------8-----------19

UF------------11-------------7-----------18

UGA------------9-------------8-----------17

LSU------------5-------------8-----------13

As seen by the list above, :lsu: is more senior/junior heavy than any other team in the SEC. I, and many others think that once Miles starts to graduate, his records will look more and more like Larry Coker's.

To date this year though, I would say that :lsu: has better talent and experience. They just have a lousy schedule. :lsu: could win out though too.

What will they next year? I dont know, but I think they slowly start to taper off. Miles is not Saban on many levels.

Mark my words Will Herring will be a bad a## as a Linebacker and will put up AJ Hawk type numbers.

So far so good! Keep it up big Will....btw Dede looks very solid as well

MARK MY WORD...

- :uk: will be vastly improved this year, yet still finish 5th in the East

-Shaun Alexander will fall victim to both the SuperBowl runner-up and the Madden curse. (Not a wish of mine, just a prediction.)

-At the end of the season, Coach Tuberville will grow a new thumb on his right hand, so that Tiger Rags can keep selling "Fear the Thumb" shirts.

- :arky: will be banned from the SEC, due to too many homo-erotic statements made by CBS commentators. Too many Johnsons and Dicks in one broadcast. Oh yeah, Coach Nutt is playing the Trojans.

Well, UK is slightly improved.

:blink:

Archived