TUBS DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!

OKieAuburnDoug

WHY IS IT THAT IF A GAME IS A BLOWOUT HE PUTS IN SUBS YET IF THE GAME IS A TWO POSSESSION GAME HE PLAYS TO NOT LOSE?????????????

Put the games away and get respect!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be a change in the polls this week and it wont be good thanks to kraup like this !!!!! One day Tubs is gonna give us a bad hand due to playing to NOT LOSE!!!!!!!![

[/size]Same thing happened in `04...play to not lose and voters think u aren't that good of a team!![/size]

Sorry but this has been going on since Tubs has been there...score enough to get a two possession lead @ the start of the 4th then expect the defense to hold up...the D was banged up and obviously had two much inexperience in the secondary tonight!

Road game ....S E C.....Auburn WIN. It's over.

On to the little piggies.

ONE at a time.

WDE!

p.s. Coach Tuberville has lost ONE SEC game in the past THREE years. Get a grip!

ONE at a time.

WDE!

p.s. Coach Tuberville has lost ONE SEC game in the past THREE years. Get a grip!

That would be "due to".

And stop shouting. Rude.

Playing not to lose? What do u call all the trickery tonight then?

What the heck are you talking about? And why do you insist on yelling in every post you make?

What do you call the onside kick in the third quarter? That was playing to win if you ask me.

I tell you what, the "chicken little" bs I have seen on this board tonight has disappointed the jeck out of me. One would think that some of you were taken over by bammers tonight with some of the things you are saying.

IT was just poor play by the defense...pure and simple...everyone in that stasium saw the QB running or the slant pass but our defense

I would reeeeeeeeeeeeally like to know what the Heck kind of defense was Muschamp playing tonight!!! The DB's were playing way too soft and we had absolutely NO pass rush. I know we are 5-0 but I don't know how! This Offensive line has a way to go and after tonight, I don't know about them. Yes, we won but it wasn't pretty enough to give you confidence against those waiting down the road. Just venting. :au:

Any win on the road in the SEC is big, but I am a little more than concerned about the D. I know Wilhite wasn't playing, but nobody was tackling tonight. Hopefully the coaches will get that straightened out this week.

I smell Pork roasting!

Doug can say whatever he wants. We played terrible tonight. This game doesn't even feel like a win. I've been hearing all week about how Auburn needs to make a statement and blow SC out to impress the AP voters. Well, I can count on one hand how many times Spurrier has been blown out his entire career and one of those games was the 1995 Championship game against one of the greatest teams of all time, Nebraska. I knew we would not blow out Spurrier at home. I knew that his team would play hard. However, I did not expect such poor tackling, poor execution, poor defensive coaching, etc. Spurrier is a great coach but when you let a team who is undersized, has three freshmen offensive linemen move the ball against your defense every time they touch the ball, somethings wrong. Every play the attempted went for 5+ yards. The only plays that went for less than five yards were the third and shorts and the fourth and shorts. Will Muschamp may have gotten off the "shnide" against Spurrier but he was clearly outsmarted and outcoached.

The good news is that we won. A lot of championship teams win ugly(See Alabama 92, Ohio State 02). The other piece of good news is that Muschamp and the defense will get to hone their skills against a former high school coach next week against Arkansas. Hopefully improvement will be shown.

I don't think our coaches and players were ready for Spurrier tonight. Had he been coaching his old Gator teams, then it would have been ulgy by halftime. However, let's just be fortunate that we won. We'll probably be bumped to #3 or #4 by Sunday. I won't complain. In my opinion, we're not the #2 team in the nation right now. We have the potential but we're not there yet. I'm just greatful that we're still undefeated.

War Eagle!

ONE at a time.

WDE!

ONE at a time.

WDE!

Ditto. (or ... you can say that again.)

What the heck are you talking about? And why do you insist on yelling in every post you make?

What do you call the onside kick in the third quarter? That was playing to win if you ask me.

I tell you what, the "chicken little" bs I have seen on this board tonight has disappointed the jeck out of me. One would think that some of you were taken over by bammers tonight with some of the things you are saying.

alright dude... we get it.. everybody is acting like bammers tonight. I think you kinda ran that one in the ground.

I didn't have a problem with the offense until the last possession... three simple runs won't do it when your defense is playing like that. That was a good opportunity for the O to bail out the D and they didn't.

First time Muschamp has coached a win over a Spurrier led team. 31-10 would have been a lot better than 24-17.

Still, I will no longer complain about poll position. If you are number #2 you shouldn't play like #2.

Doug can say whatever he wants. We played terrible tonight. This game doesn't even feel like a win. I've been hearing all week about how Auburn needs to make a statement and blow SC out to impress the AP voters. Well, I can count on one hand how many times Spurrier has been blown out his entire career and one of those games was the 1995 Championship game against one of the greatest teams of all time, Nebraska. I knew we would not blow out Spurrier at home. I knew that his team would play hard. However, I did not expect such poor tackling, poor execution, poor defensive coaching, etc. Spurrier is a great coach but when you let a team who is undersized, has three freshmen offensive linemen move the ball against your defense every time they touch the ball, somethings wrong. Every play the attempted went for 5+ yards. The only plays that went for less than five yards were the third and shorts and the fourth and shorts. Will Muschamp may have gotten off the "shnide" against Spurrier but he was clearly outsmarted and outcoached.

The good news is that we won. A lot of championship teams win ugly(See Alabama 92, Ohio State 02). The other piece of good news is that Muschamp and the defense will get to hone their skills against a former high school coach next week against Arkansas. Hopefully improvement will be shown.

I don't think our coaches and players were ready for Spurrier tonight. Had he been coaching his old Gator teams, then it would have been ulgy by halftime. However, let's just be fortunate that we won. We'll probably be bumped to #3 or #4 by Sunday. I won't complain. In my opinion, we're not the #2 team in the nation right now. We have the potential but we're not there yet. I'm just greatful that we're still undefeated.

War Eagle!

THANK YOU...HOWever some here haven't read what I stated originally!

I WAS REFERRING to the 4th quarter offensive playcalling NOT the earlier trick plays! :no::no::no::no::no:

THe close score was unnecessary for the upteenth GAME due to `play not to lose' NOT `clamp the door shut with a decisive score' 4th quarter gameplan!

I completely agree that our defense was too soft, even against their weak OL....Our defense has a long way to go to become nations best defense... Their QB had all the time in the world to throw...he wasn't pressurized enough...anyway a win is a win, that too against a SEC team on road...way to go TIGERS!! :cheer:

Its a good wake up call for our defense...I am sure we will come out hard against Meyers spread offense!!!

War Eagle!! :cheer::au:

alright dude... we get it.. everybody is acting like bammers tonight. I think you kinda ran that one in the ground.

I don't think it has been said enough if you ask me.

First time Muschamp has coached a win over a Spurrier led team. 31-10 would have been a lot better than 24-17.

Still, I will no longer complain about poll position. If you are number #2 you shouldn't play like #2.

One more wide open offensive possession and we aren't having this conversation and most BETTERS are HAPPY!

War Eagle!

THANK YOU...HOWever some here haven't read what I stated originally!

I WAS REFERRING to the 4th quarter offensive playcalling NOT the earlier trick plays! :no::no::no::no::no:

THe close score was unnecesary for the upteenth GAME due to `play not to lose' NOT `clamp the door shut with a decisive score' 4th quarter gameplan!

I totally agree.. defensive schemes were horrible.. we have to get down the field instead of handing the ball right back to them in the 4th quarter. We basically asked them to whip our asses when we did that. Tubs needs to learn how to slam the door on a lesser team.

Our under sized defense was not at their best form/strength....I am sure we will bounce back strongly....

One more thing, we should not fumble the kick return....(Attn: Brad & Davis.., though we took 'em back)

nice trick play coach!!! :cheer::cheer::football:

Well I'm here to say that I don't think anyone on this board is going to be for firing CWM over one bad game. Yes I am very disappointed in his playcalling TONIGHT, but heaven forbid we bring back Gibbs. But as for the comparison to bammers, I don't think anyone on this board deserves an insult like that.

It would have helped if the first man had consistenetly made the tackle tonight.

Got weary of watching their runners/receivers make several extra yards after contact. I had been encouraged at fall camp when the staff said that hardnose fundamentals and toughness were going to be stressed. Didn't see it.

But still, we got out of a Trap Game with a win, on the road.

I'm proud of the guys for winning and I think good things are in store for us.

Well I'm here to say that I don't think anyone on this board is going to be for firing CWM over one bad game. Yes I am very disappointed in his playcalling TONIGHT, but heaven forbid we bring back Gibbs. But as for the comparison to bammers, I don't think anyone on this board deserves an insult like that.

Well then I suggest you go back and read some of the posts again if you don't think the insult is deserved. Yeah, the defense was crap tonight. Can't argue that. But some the comments that were made about Mushcamp and the defense was too much like the bammers crying "the sky is falling".

Archived