Sevelle Newton

tiger88

Is he really that good? I think from the looks of it he may be.

He was passing with extreme precision last night. He was like a jemarcus russel only a little smaller and a step quicker and noticeably more accurate with his passes.

He only missed a few passes badly all night long and threw it 35 times.

I think this kid is just a lot better than anyone realized.

Yes, we left some people uncovered, but we've done that in other games (like lsu) and got lucky. Tonight newton hit the open ones and drilled more than a few into very tight ceverage. He even hit people while on the run.

I've heard there are some buffoons on the site calling for muschamps head and that is beyond stupid. He has always had trouble with spurrier(And so have just a few others, lol) and it looks like now spurrier has found a VERY GOOD qb? I think they will be very competitive the rest of the year and everyone will see that that was a great win to go in there and beat them.

Other than our cb's when they are healthy we have an inexperienced secondary, but they are young and learning.

I do not think we played great on defense, but, I would not want to sound as if I were taking anything away from him. Newton played lights out and will be heard from the rest of this year. Coach Superior has found a gem!

No doubt he is good. However, I think our D at full strength(Wilhite back, Blackmon back, Irons not so beat up) we would've had a lot less trouble containing him. Unfortunately injuries and suspensions are a part of football so that's the breaks.

No doubt he is good. However, I think our D at full strength(Wilhite back, Blackmon back, Irons not so beat up) we would've had a lot less trouble containing him. Unfortunately injuries and suspensions are a part of football so that's the breaks.

I do agree with you that the AU defense had some injuries, but I would have like to have our two starting safeties, Emmanuel Cook and Chris Hampton, for this game too. Mabye that 3rd and 23 and a few other plays would have been different. I also wish we would have had a banged up Kenny Mckinley on that last drive after the night he was having. Like you said, injuries and suspenions are a part of the game.

Is he really that good? I think from the looks of it he may be.

He was passing with extreme precision last night. He was like a jemarcus russel only a little smaller and a step quicker and noticeably more accurate with his passes.

He only missed a few passes badly all night long and threw it 35 times.

I think this kid is just a lot better than anyone realized.

Yes, we left some people uncovered, but we've done that in other games (like lsu) and got lucky. Tonight newton hit the open ones and drilled more than a few into very tight ceverage. He even hit people while on the run.

I've heard there are some buffoons on the site calling for muschamps head and that is beyond stupid. He has always had trouble with spurrier(And so have just a few others, lol) and it looks like now spurrier has found a VERY GOOD qb? I think they will be very competitive the rest of the year and everyone will see that that was a great win to go in there and beat them.

Other than our cb's when they are healthy we have an inexperienced secondary, but they are young and learning.

I would have to say he looked pretty good to me. On the way out of the stadium he was what all the Auburn fans around me were talking about.

Only time will tell if he is the real deal. Everybody has a great game now and then. I would be that under Spurrier's guidance, this kid turns out to be something and not just luck.

Yeah, too bad we didnt capitalize on Syvelle as QB sooner, now its his last year and we dont exactly have the best opportunity to win championships with our young team.

A big question now is, will Spurrier go away from his recruiting tendency and start going after athletic QB's. He has always gone after true pocket passers.

Archived