Cope out

AUman43

This could be big. Does anyone know what the problem is? :(

I am hearing he tore both his acl and mcl. It happened on Auburn's touchdown drive in the 2nd quarter. Sounds like they are trying to put off surgery till after the year, so that is why he will be back in a 4-6 weeks. I have yet to find a link on this yet, just hear say, but it don't look good.

Either way it's time for Hart to pick his crap up and live up to his hype.

Gosh I hate to hear that. IMO, the center is the second most important cog on the team after the QB. He is responsible for makiing critical reads that I wonder whether Hart can make or not. A new center can also effect the timing a lot and cause penalties. Didn't Jonathan Palmer play center some? :au:

Assuming this is true(Cope is out), Palmer will shift from RT to C. No drop off at all. Palmer has plenty of experience playing center, same thing happened last year.

Problem is Hart filling in a RT. He is a dissapointment so far, coaches were not happy with him in fall practice. Makes me nervous to think he could be protecting Cox's blindside. Last thing we need is to lose our starting QB.

I would expect some possible shifting on the line so if Hart must start that he isn't on the right side.

I am hearing he tore both his acl and mcl. It happened on Auburn's touchdown drive in the 2nd quarter. Sounds like they are trying to put off surgery till after the year, so that is why he will be back in a 4-6 weeks. I have yet to find a link on this yet, just hear say, but it don't look good.

Either way it's time for Hart to pick his crap up and live up to his hype.

If he tore his acl and mcl, he would have a ton of knee instability. He would have a tough time blocking and keeping his knee under him. I doubt he "tore" them. He probably strained them which involved tearing a few fibers that make up the tendon, but the majority are intact. A complete tear would have to be repaired.

Didn't he play in the second half???

Yes he did. Just got thru watching the replay. He was playing in the 3rd quarter?? Palmer started at C in the stomping that was the 2005 Iron Bowl. :) Replacing LT will be interesting.

I know everyone was expecting Palmer to shift back inside, but appearently it is Bosley who has been reportedly getting reps with the first team at OC.

Jason Bosley is the #2 center from Grissom HS 2005. He is one of those 2 star guys that alot of you guys on this board bitched about AU signing. We shall see....

Didn't he play in the second half???

Yes he did. Just got thru watching the replay. He was playing in the 3rd quarter?? Palmer started at C in the stomping that was the 2005 Iron Bowl. :) Replacing LT will be interesting.

U mean RT?

I think we'd more likely move palmer over to center and leon hart to tackle. he played some for king dunlap some this season already.

personally, i hope we move jp over. i actually think he's a better center than joe. i think the reason joe won that job is because palmer is even better as a tackle. basically, cope at center with palmer at tackle is better than palmer at center and X at tackle.

with cope out, palmer is by far the best option we've got based on practices i've seen and stuff i've read. the question is really is bosley better at center than hart is at tackle.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/100106acf.html

It's sad that when one of our members posts a scoop that we all need to know about, he is threatened with a knee-jerk threat to remove the thread!

Our members are our ears and eyes. If they foul up, they'll take it at the end of the thread.

If you don't want to know what's going on in AU football, just ignore our member's posts - but let us read it.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/100106acf.html

It's sad that when one of our members posts a scoop that we all need to know about, he is threatened with a knee-jerk threat to remove the thread!

Our members are our ears and eyes. If they foul up, they'll take it at the end of the thread.

If you don't want to know what's going on in AU football, just ignore our member's posts - but let us read it.

If I had a dollar for every time someone posted,"I heard...FITB!"

we should cut somebody some slack...if it turns out to be a rumor so be it!

even though we should be fine, why would the coaching staff release this info.

It would have gotten out soon enough, but why not keep :arky: guessing.

even though we should be fine, why would the coaching staff release this info.

It would have gotten out soon enough, but why not keep :arky: guessing.

All injuries on any team get released...I was surprised ti took so long.

Archived