Nutt has elevated himself to being one of the prime candidates for upcoming head coaching vacancies after the 2006 season

DKW 86

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Updated Saturday, October 7, 2006 at 9:20 p.m.

Nutt Hits Jackpot

Early word out of Arkansas is that Coach Houston Nutt -- who led the Razorbacks' to a 27-10 thrashing of No. 2 Auburn today -- has elevated himself to being one of the prime candidates for upcoming head coaching vacancies after the 2006 season -- especially those expected at Miami, N.C. State (which we first reported several weeks ago) and Mississippi State.

Arkansas (4-1, 3-0 Southeastern Conference) entered the game as 15-point underdogs and left with the SEC West lead.

Houston Nutt's current total salary (including media contract, endorsements, etc.) is approximately $1.5 million per year, and currently goes through the year 2011. Sources have told us that the buyout provisions of the deal are not outrageous, however, in terms of dollars needed to release Nutt from the deal.

Nutt Hits Jackpot

Early word out of Arkansas is that Coach Houston Nutt -- who led the Razorbacks' to a 27-10 thrashing of No. 2 Auburn today -- has elevated himself to being one of the prime candidates for upcoming head coaching vacancies after the 2006 season -- especially those expected at Miami, N.C. State (which we first reported several weeks ago) and Mississippi State.

Arkansas (4-1, 3-0 Southeastern Conference) entered the game as 15-point underdogs and left with the SEC West lead.

Houston Nutt's current total salary (including media contract, endorsements, etc.) is approximately $1.5 million per year, and currently goes through the year 2011. Sources have told us that the buyout provisions of the deal are not outrageous, however, in terms of dollars needed to release Nutt from the deal.

No offense, but I thought Miami wanted a winning program.

Nutt Hits Jackpot

Yes, and why would Nutt want to leave one wasteland for another in Starkville?

That would only leave N.C. State, which would not be a good fit for him.

Funny how things change Two weeks ago Tubs was one of the hottest commodities in the country with people discussing the possibilities of him going to Miami or Texas A&M. Nutt was a done deal with everyone ecpecting him to be gone after this year. Now, for this week, Nutt is a hero and Tubs is being raked over the coals by his own fans.

ok...so he's not to MSU. MSU will give another year to their coach.

Miami...would they go that route? I could see NC State, but then again, I don't see them making a change.

Why would he want to leave with what he's got? He's got a Carnell/Ronnie type backfield developing with a Freshman QB that has the ability to be very good. They've always got a strong O-line. Their O could be very dangerous not only this year, but in years to come if they can pick up some solid receivers for Mustain to throw to. They've got Monk, who's a 6'6" target right now.

It's seems to me like they're starting to build on something there.

And DKW wins the "AUNATION: Longest Title for a Thread Posted in the Auburn Football Forum" award.

the back of that shirt sounds like Auburn last week.

Tubs does tend to help out fellow coaches on the hot seat.

Nutt Hits Jackpot

I honestly dont think Nutt is going anywhere......he has a good young QB, great RB's and just came off a huge win....if he some how goes to the SEC champioinship.....i would think that Arkansas is going to try and keep him there as much as possible.

ok...so he's not to MSU. MSU will give another year to their coach.

Miami...would they go that route? I could see NC State, but then again, I don't see them making a change.

Just making a joke, but didnt tuberville coach at miami at one point? I highly doubt he would leave AU for miami......but just wondering.

Nutt Hits Jackpot

Yes, and why would Nutt want to leave one wasteland for another in Starkville?

That would only leave N.C. State, which would not be a good fit for him.

You've obviously never been to Northwest Arkansas, because comparing it to Starkville is insane.

The rumor here is that Nutt feels his days are numbered here, so if he could leave for another job, it would help his image by not being fired or forced out. Depending on how this year finishes, he could stay or go to NC State or UNC (both have been talked about here for over a year). Miami would want a higher profile guy and no proven coach would want to go to Starkville and take that mess. Nutt's approval rating here is very low (got better by winning this weekend), but if he could land another good job, the feeling here is that he would take it.

If I NEVER hear or read the name FRED TALLEY again....It will be TOO soon.

Funny how things change Two weeks ago Tubs was one of the hottest commodities in the country with people discussing the possibilities of him going to Miami or Texas A&M. Nutt was a done deal with everyone ecpecting him to be gone after this year. Now, for this week, Nutt is a hero and Tubs is being raked over the coals by his own fans.

Miami I am sure would love to replace a good guy with a cheater like Nutt. That way they can go back to where they come from...Thug U

Doesn't take long to go from zero to hero, then back again.

Miami I am sure would love to replace a good guy with a cheater like Nutt. That way they can go back to where they come from...Thug U

Why do you think Nutt is a cheater? The last time we were investigated by the NCAA, the infractions were from the previous coach, not Nutt. He has a clean record with the NCAA. Say what you want about him, but calling him a cheater is wrong.

Did not understand the cheater comment. Could you clarify?

No, actually Miami would be Thug U II. SPUAT is Thug U I.

Hats off to Arkie for the win this weekend but come on.....Nutt will find a way to :moon: up this season!!! Remember 1998? with Clint Stoerner and Tenn? U Ark will have at least 2 SEC losses before the regular season is over!

They will have a brain fart game and lose to someone they should beat. We did last week! Ole Miss beat Vandy by more than either UA school did (combined!). MSU may pull it together and beat 'em!!

Archived