Video of Miami fight

BamaGrad03

That is all Holtz could say last night was how upset it gets him b/c it happened his last game at S. Carolina and he even said he didn't have control over the players, duh, no kidding that is why they are still paying for your lack of control. Bonehead.

I hope the ACC and Sunbelt conference bring the hammer down on both programs. I imagine the schools will be left with the decision of what to do.

How did FIU 'start' it?? I couldn't tell from any replays. Just looked like they bunched up after the kick and it started.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know who the color ananlyist is but to say .... that's what you get when you cross the ocean errr lake and start this in our house we will kick your but. Not only should several players from both sides never play collegiate football again but this jackass should be fired immediatley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BoStillKnows

I heard Coker talking about the fight on XM radio and he said he had full control of the program. What a joke. I used to kinda like Coker but he's an idiot. Miami is a joke and should be demoted to Division II.

This is the beginning of the end for Miami. There should be some stiff penalties out of this. But right now, the Thug Nation (Miami fans) hate Larry Coker. Alumni have been purchasing signs that have been flown overhead on airplanes saying "Fire Larry Coker." These are the alumni of your school.

Seeing how the alumni and boosters "support" the coach....seeing this trash on the field....seeing Miami thug news constantly in the papers....and anyone with any common sense.... who in their right mind would take that job if Coker is fired next year?

This is the beginning of the end for them. Forget Miami. 5 years from now they won't be jack.

I only wish the police had come on the field a little earlier. Seeing a few of Miami's players in handcuffs would have been priceless.

As for BamaGrad's post, I find it terribly ironic, he uses an expletive to describe Teague's slap and then in the same breath calls another team classless. No, I don't think Alabama and Miami are the same, I'm just saying those in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Choose your words carefully young grasshopper.

This is the beginning of the end for Miami. There should be some stiff penalties out of this. But right now, the Thug Nation (Miami fans) hate Larry Coker. Alumni have been purchasing signs that have been flown overhead on airplanes saying "Fire Larry Coker." These are the alumni of your school.

Seeing how the alumni and boosters "support" the coach....seeing this trash on the field....seeing Miami thug news constantly in the papers....and anyone with any common sense.... who in their right mind would take that job if Coker is fired next year?

This is the beginning of the end for them. Forget Miami. 5 years from now they won't be jack.

As always I agree Circle Miami is going to fall fast!

From CSTV

Linky dinky

Analyst's Comments During Telecast of Brawl To Be Edited

TV analyst and former Miami player Lamar Thomas could lose his job

Oct. 16, 2006

MIAMI (AP) - Comments made by TV analyst and former Miami player Lamar Thomas during a sideline-clearing brawl involving the Hurricanes and Florida International will be edited out before the game is replayed later this week.

Thomas may also lose his job with Comcast Sports SouthEast, a regional cable network available in 5.5 million homes.

"We will take appropriate disciplinary action," CSS general manager Mark Fuhrman said Monday. The network will replay the game Wednesday.

Thomas made his comments as dozens of Miami and FIU players stormed the Orange Bowl field and fought during the third quarter of their teams' game Saturday night, an incident that led to the suspension of at least 31 players and forced officials from both schools to publicly apologize for the melee.

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."

Miami and Florida International have campuses 9 miles apart in Miami-Dade County. It was the first meeting between the two programs, and the Hurricanes went on to win 35-0.

As the fight slowed, Thomas' comments continued.

"I say, why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby," Thomas said. "We've had a down couple years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

A tape of the fight, including Thomas' comments, was available on the Internet on Sunday and Monday. The game was available for viewing Saturday night on a pay-per-view basis.

"We do not support or condone any of the comments that were made by Lamar," Fuhrman said.

Thomas was a third-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1993 and spent six seasons in the NFL, three with the Bucs and three with the Miami Dolphins.

He has a Gainesville address, but there was no listed telephone number for him in that area. He could not be reached Monday.

Fuhrman said CSS will consult with Miami officials before determining what action should be taken.

"The university recommends talent for the broadcast, but we ultimately will make the decision," Fuhrman said.

As for BamaGrad's post, I find it terribly ironic, he uses an expletive to describe Teague's slap and then in the same breath calls another team classless. No, I don't think Alabama and Miami are the same, I'm just saying those in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Choose your words carefully young grasshopper.

Because i use the word also associated with a female dog...you are saying i have no room to comment on the miami fight? Uh...yeah. Whatever. I doubt there are many people in this country who have never used that word.

I only wish the police had come on the field a little earlier. Seeing a few of Miami's players in handcuffs would have been priceless.

Oh good grief, it's a figure of speech. Lighten up, Francis.

Fla. Atlantic has suspended 17 players for this week's game. Maybe Alabama Atlantic can finally win big. :P

Florida International suspended 18. Not FAU, not 17.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Fla. Atlantic has suspended 17 players for this week's game. Maybe Alabama Atlantic can finally win big. :P

Florida International suspended 18. Not FAU, not 17.

Simple typos. Don't be such a stickler for the facts.

How IRONIC is this???????

Link

Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang Program

The Miami-Dade Police Department and the University of Miami join forces.

Oct. 14, 2006

Photo Gallery

The Miami Dade Police Department kicked off their annual "Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang program on Tuesday, October 10th. This program is a cooperative effort, which includes Miami Dade Public Schools, the University of Miami Athletic Department, and Florida Power & Light Company.

The program gives out a "Most Improved Student Award". Each hard working student will get a chance to visit a University of Miami football practice, a tour of athletic facilities, and a chance to meet the University of Miami football coaches and student-athletes.

Students are selected by their school and selection is based on improvement in academics, behavior, and attendance. The visits take place once a week and continue through football season. Winners and a D.A.R.E. officer from each school will be visiting the school once a week throughout the football season.

This Saturday, the Miami Dade Police Department will bring about 700 children to the Miami vs. FIU football game as part of the program.

:blink::blink::blink:

How IRONIC is this???????

Link

Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang Program

The Miami-Dade Police Department and the University of Miami join forces.

Oct. 14, 2006

Photo Gallery

The Miami Dade Police Department kicked off their annual "Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang program on Tuesday, October 10th. This program is a cooperative effort, which includes Miami Dade Public Schools, the University of Miami Athletic Department, and Florida Power & Light Company.

The program gives out a "Most Improved Student Award". Each hard working student will get a chance to visit a University of Miami football practice, a tour of athletic facilities, and a chance to meet the University of Miami football coaches and student-athletes.

Students are selected by their school and selection is based on improvement in academics, behavior, and attendance. The visits take place once a week and continue through football season. Winners and a D.A.R.E. officer from each school will be visiting the school once a week throughout the football season.

This Saturday, the Miami Dade Police Department will bring about 700 children to the Miami vs. FIU football game as part of the program.

:blink::blink::blink:

I wonder what those kids were thinking while watching the Miami players huddle up and jump around on the sideline after the fight?

At least they got to see how NOT to act.

Well, from some of the posts and YouTube comments I am seeing around the internet from Miami fans, they all thought it was totally awesome. Comments like "I was a fan before, but I am a fan for life now" and "I would die for those guys because I know they would die for me" are all over the place.

It is not even just "talk" anymore. It is TRULY, ABSOLUTELY a thug, gang mentality.

This is the beginning of the end for Miami. You just wait. 5 years from now, they will be nothing.

I don't understand why BOTH schools are not just told they can ALL sit out the rest of the year. A one game suspension for some of those players is ridiculous!

I know its a figure of speech, i was just pointing out the irony. I played hockey so I can't call anybody out on fighting, but i thought it funny how everyone sees everything through their own colored glasses. And if you call me Francis again, i'll call you out on the field at the Orange Bowl...

I know its a figure of speech, i was just pointing out the irony. I played hockey so I can't call anybody out on fighting, but i thought it funny how everyone sees everything through their own colored glasses. And if you call me Francis again, i'll call you out on the field at the Orange Bowl...

Good one. But you should have thrown in "you homos" to get full credit.

Lamar Thomas fired for on-air comments during brawl

Well, at least they got that much right.

:thumbsup:

"We were disappointed in the incident that happened on the field and regret the way it was handled in the broadcast booth," CSS general manager Mark Fuhrman said.

Yeah, when you've got Mark Fuhrman chastising you for your comments, you've fallen off into OJ land.

The BIG difference between the Candycanes and almost any other college...and the reason Miami wil NEVER change from the punkville it's been the last 25 years...is that the alumni CULTIVATE the rogue-program image, starting w/ inviting social misfits like Michael Irvin to talk w/ the team before every big game.

It's always amazed me why Deon didn't go to U of M, he would have fit right in. Not that FSU, UF...or apparently FIU...are apparently that much better. I live in Tallahassee and can tell you most FSU fans I ran into today, young & old, are like "cool fight, huh?"

Archived