Video of Miami fight

BamaGrad03

Lamar Thomas fired for on-air comments during brawl

Well, at least they got that much right.

Wow, a Miami thug expected to show professionalism as a color analyst? Nice try. Thugs will almost always be thugs.

And yes, I fully expect Tuberville to take a trip down to Miami after this season to talk about HC opportunities. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda makes you wonder about the release of Willie Williams. I mean, what for? Did they have a surplus of thugs and couldn't fit one more in? :no:

After that kid's quote about the plane, i was thankful that we didn't sign him.

I don't think Tubberville will go, becuase i think he knows discipline is key to winning and it would take a long time to change the tide of attitudes there.

As for the alumni, I think they are very embarassed. I spoke to a physician who is a Miami alum and he was very embarrassed about what happened. I think they are just out of touch with the university. Most leave and scatter across the country. Auburn has a lot of alumni influence because so many people stay here locally and have strong ties to the university. I also think a lot of the alumni don't have strong feelings about football. There is probably more of a tie to the community with the football team than to the alumni.

Maybe I'm making this up, but wasn't there talk about Miami killing their football program many years ago because of finances and they weren't bringing enough money in??? Something about when Donna Shellela first showed up on the scene.

Well I grew up in Miami and plenty of alumni stay in the area..and i've had daily exposure to UM alumni for most of the last 35 years, so I'd say your physician is one of the few w/ class. Miami fans in general, and alumni in particular, fancy themselves the Oakland Raiders of college football and take an us against the world attitude (see e.g. their reaction to the RAMPANT Pell Grant cheating in the 90s, they sounded like a bunch of Bammers). Some may be embarassed but this informal poll says they eagerly cultivate and flaunt that crap.

...and SI suggested UM drop it's football program, not (Prima)donna Sheleila. UM went absolutely postal, having a campus burning of those magazines (high academic institution that it is) and accompanying death threats to most of the SI staff. Again...Bama but w/ more legitimate MNCs.

Again...Bama but w/ more legitimate MNCs.

Funny...you all keep saying stuff like that. But outside of Knoxville and Auburn, you dont hear people mention Alabama in the same breath as Um and FSU. You do hear them when they are talking about the most classy or best all time programs.

Again...Bama but w/ more legitimate MNCs.

Funny...you all keep saying stuff like that. But outside of Knoxville and Auburn, you dont hear people mention Alabama in the same breath as Um and FSU. You do hear them when they are talking about the most classy or best all time programs.

Ok now that's a big time stretch. I will give you the backhanded compliment that while with all this loose ship Shula's running with thugs like Simpson, it doesn't hold a candle to the level of disgust that took place in the Orange Bowl. The color analyst was making me sick. The fans were cheering their heads off holding up their hands in a U formation as if it were a gang sign. Sickening. I seriously think the SEC as a whole has far too much class for anyone, even Bama, to rise to that level of thuggish behavior. If that took place in the SEC, I wouldn't be suprised to see the entire football program get the death penalty right there on the spot. In my opinion, that's what should be happening at Miami and FIU as we speak.

Archived