Fly Over

MDM4AU

I was in section 102 yeaterday and the fly over seemed to go right over me. It sent chills up my spine! When we rolled into Auburn Friday about 5pm they were practicing. Very cool.

Definitely dig the fly-over! :thumbsup:

yeah that fly over was insane

I didn't see it coming, i've never seen a night flyover and when my girlfriend asked if they might do one, I said, probably not, I was wrong!!!

I wanna hear comments on these three items also.

Pyrotechnics for the team entrance.

Eagle Flight.

Marching Band's "rockin'" halftime show complete with fireworks...

I didn't see it coming, i've never seen a night flyover and when my girlfriend asked if they might do one, I said, probably not, I was wrong!!!

Eagle Flight.

Pyrotechnics = cool...I liked it.

Eagle Flight = Always like it even when abbreviated. I like it better when she flys around like she did at the LSU game.

Rockin Band Skit = :thumbsdown:

I thought the pyros were cool but, I think it kinda looked like a UAB game to tell the truth. UAB enters with the fireworks and to me it just seemed like they were trying to make the team's entrance more exciting than it already is. Didn't need it.

The eagle was alright. Not a great flight, but still awesome with the atmosphere.

Rock Show - Ehh, not great. I was more worried about the Auburn defense at that point.

Ryan

Eagle Flight = Always like it even when abbreviated. I like it better when she flys around like she did at the LSU game.

Well they used different birds for the flights at the LSU game and the UF games, so you see a little of their personalities a bit more.

Nova, has always been a bit more quick to get to the bait. Spirit who flew at the LSU game likes to get out and fly around a bit before going for the tasty treat at the 50.

After they come out of the cage really there is not a lot of control over the length of the flight or the path. It is up to the bird, more than anything else to determine how long and where she/he goes.

What would happen if the bird desided to just fly out of the stadium and not return?

The rock show would have worked better had they played a song the students could sing along to...Eruption (although cool) is very hard to sing to...

They could have just played more Bon Jovi or any 80's rock and the students would have sang at5 the top of their lungs.

Pyrotechnics were cool even tho it was WWE-esque...

Eagle flight was very cool as was the fly over...I wish they could go faster over us to get the sound on the fans (Just under Mach 1 so as not to hurt people)..

Great game :)

Eagle Flight.

Pyrotechnics- Absolutely awsome, sure as hell pumped me up

Eagle Flight- Heck, im just happy it flew

Half Time- I thought it was dumb....boooo

Rock Show - Ehh, not great. I was more worried about the Auburn defense at that point.

Ryan

ditto. i was on the phone w/my boy out in san diego listening to him vent about how much he hated florida during the entire intro to the guitar solo so i was a bit lost when i got off the phone. when the band started playing with the guitar guy it sounded good, but it was a bit odd.

i really don't think the flyovers are that great. esp. the way they did it sat night. the timing was off by about about 10 seconds, so it was like the flyover was a seperate event from the anthem. also, why don't they get a LOT lower.

i had a friend at the lsu/bammer game last season and he said the planes doing the flyover there couldn't have been more than 50 feet above the cranes that were outside the stadium. he said the sound shook the stadium. now THAT would be a cool flyover.

What would happen if the bird desided to just fly out of the stadium and not return?

People often say that. I'm sure it's possible. It's just not probable.

but, the I did think the fly over was one of the better traditions in college football. they used to get mike the tiger to roar before evry game, but they haven't done it this year

How old is Mike now, seems like he's been around along time.

I forget where I read it but someone did an interview with one of the eagles and the eagle said that every week he plans on flying away but he always gets distracted by the treat and winds up putting it off until the next week.

It was a very good insight into the mind of an international superstar...

Did anyone else see it?

I was in section 102 yeaterday and the fly over seemed to go right over me. It sent chills up my spine! When we rolled into Auburn Friday about 5pm they were practicing. Very cool.

What kind of planes did the flyover? I wasn't there...

Pyro - loved it.

Eagle - 'twas OK.

Band...Ummm.....Ummm. OK I'll try to be good. All I will say is I would have loved to be in the meeting where Dr. Good said "Hey guys....I've got a great idea. Let's get the Principal Tuba out of the Birmingham symphony to play halftime. No, No, No.......Here's the cool part. Get this <insert uncontrollable laughter and giggle fits>...Let's get him to play (wait for it) GUITAR. And we'll get a percussion instructor to play a trap set behind him. That'll ROCK <more uncontrollable laughter>.

Happy birthday was lame (and having to have flip folders to play it is eaven lamer) and the Victory March would have been perfect for this "show", but to end on a positive note, the original WAR EAGLE was a great choice for the fans (plus it's easy to play :big: ).

What kind of planes did the flyover? I wasn't there...

I think they were F-18s.

Does anyone know of a video of the flyover, or where one might be, or if not, does anyone have a video of it? I checked YouTube, but all that was there was video of the helicopter's at the LSU game.

Trey

Sorry to use "I think I read it", but I thought I read an interview with some of the eagle handlers, and that they were practicing with one of the eagles on a weekday and it decided to fly out of the stadium. It flew to the baseball stadium and landed on the field and they ran over there and got him.

Archived