Bear Bryant Slander

AUChizad

When Bama fans go on and on about The Bahr Almighty being the greatest human icon to hail from the state of Alabama, it is not uncommon for a nonbeliever to point out that he was a racist drunken woman-beater.

It's pretty common knowledge that Bear liked his Dickel, but I was wondering why specifically he is said to be a racist and a woman-beater. I just don't want to make any unsubstantiated claims of such things without knowledge of specific examples. So fill me in!

When Bama fans go on and on about The Bahr Almighty being the greatest human icon to hail from the state of Alabama, it is not uncommon for a nonbeliever to point out that he was a racist drunken woman-beater.

It's pretty common knowledge that Bear liked his Dickel, but I was wondering why specifically he is said to be a racist and a woman-beater. I just don't want to make any unsubstantiated claims of such things without knowledge of specific examples. So fill me in!

I don't know if he was a wife beater but it's pretty common knowledge that he would spit on the American flag, kick dogs, didn't like apple pie and once bit the head off of a baby duck in front of a kindergarten class. Other than that, he was a damn fine American.

The above rants are not sendorsed by the Owners of this website.

We are glad they are in the Woodshed where nothing is to be taken seriously.

and then crushed out his half smoked Chesterfield on her forehead and called her weak.

Having lived in Tuscaloser for 3 years, I can attest to the fact that all the "old timers" (folks who were born and raised there but had no afiliation with the so-called university) had a story about seeing Bryant in town drunk at some time.

The funniest story happened at Tuscaloosa Country Club. SPUAT gave him a brand new Cadillac but knew he'd wreck it given his drinking problem. So they hired a black chauffer to drive him around in it. He was at the TCC one evening and called for his driver, who didn't show up quick enough to suit Bear. So he decided to walk home himself - across the golf course. When the driver arrives at TCC, no one can find Bear but someone saw him walking out onto the golf course. So picture this - here's the limo driver driving the brand new Cadillac back and forth across the golf course at the Tuscaloosa Country Club looking for Bear Bryant. Is this not a hoot?!?!?!

Archived