Alabama Boards In Meltdown...

otterinbham

I just told my wife this afternon, that I was probably going to do something that I never thought I would ever, ever do. That is to hope that uat wins some ballgame. I'm not sure which one(s) but I feel that if Shula leaves or is run off, uat will find someone much better (how could they not). They need to win just enough big games to keep the brick throwers away. Who knows, maybe one of their wins will be beneficial to us.

I justify my feelings of pity too. :big:

Here's another gem from the Bama meltdown...

This is officially the low point in a long list of low points over the last 7+ seasons. But, get this Tennessee dropped in the polls for playing a close game with us. We have officially been relegated to Vandy, Ole Miss, and Miss. St. status. Maybe, we have finally hit ground zero, I don't know if it can get any lower that this though. I mean how disheartening is this to all of you? Playing Alabama is not a marquee game anymore for our rivals because their Strenght of Schedule actually goes down for playing us. What a sad day to be a Bama fan.

It is sad. I listened to the end of that charade on the radio on my way back to Sylacauga from Auburn. Even though I have an intense dislike for Alabama, I was so disgusted and disappointed in their effort. Granted, its hard not to be a little more at ease when bammer loses, its just that I do kinda feel sorry for their program. They've played everyone close, they have alot of talent. From top to bottom, they should be a top 25 team. Its a shame that the discipline/coaching/attitude on that team is in the pits.

Last year, they went 10-2. Sounds somewhat impressive to people, but those wins were against bad to mediocre teams. The only big rival Shula has beaten since he has been there was TN last year, and they were horrible. I heard someone say that Shula is a better coach than Tuberville cause at least Shula wins every game he's supposed to win. (I laughed for about 10 minutes straight)

Its a shame cause that team could be winning games and representing the state better than it is. Everything from Juwan "Ice Cream" Simpson to "play Rammer Jammer!" after beating the nerds of the SEC by 3 points, to coming up waaay short of winning against 3 teams it hung with, not to mention the infamous and very classy head-butt by J.J, has pretty much ruined their season. And even though I don't wish Bammer well, I can't help but feel sorry for them.

Because even when we were losing, we still had hope of better days. There's none of that with Shiela. This may be as good as it gets for them. That said, the only thing that could salvage this season for Bammer is a win over Auburn. Hopefully that doesn't happen but even if it does, it still changes nothing. Auburn still dominates as the overall better football program and will continue to do so for the near future.

Ryan

This is officially the low point in a long list of low points over the last 7+ seasons. But, get this Tennessee dropped in the polls for playing a close game with us. We have officially been relegated to Vandy, Ole Miss, and Miss. St. status. Maybe, we have finally hit ground zero, I don't know if it can get any lower that this though. I mean how disheartening is this to all of you? Playing Alabama is not a marquee game anymore for our rivals because their Strenght of Schedule actually goes down for playing us. What a sad day to be a Bama fan.

Please refer to my post above. In due time, the entire bammer nation will come to embrace this ideology and accept their destiny as Alabama = Ole Miss.

It is sad. I listened to the end of that charade on the radio on my way back to Sylacauga from Auburn. Even though I have an intense dislike for Alabama, I was so disgusted and disappointed in their effort. Granted, its hard not to be a little more at ease when bammer loses, its just that I do kinda feel sorry for their program. They've played everyone close, they have alot of talent. From top to bottom, they should be a top 25 team. Its a shame that the discipline/coaching/attitude on that team is in the pits.

Last year, they went 10-2. Sounds somewhat impressive to people, but those wins were against bad to mediocre teams. The only big rival Shula has beaten since he has been there was TN last year, and they were horrible. I heard someone say that Shula is a better coach than Tuberville cause at least Shula wins every game he's supposed to win. (I laughed for about 10 minutes straight)

Its a shame cause that team could be winning games and representing the state better than it is. Everything from Juwan "Ice Cream" Simpson to "play Rammer Jammer!" after beating the nerds of the SEC by 3 points, to coming up waaay short of winning against 3 teams it hung with, not to mention the infamous and very classy head-butt by J.J, has pretty much ruined their season. And even though I don't wish Bammer well, I can't help but feel sorry for them.

Because even when we were losing, we still had hope of better days. There's none of that with Shiela. This may be as good as it gets for them. That said, the only thing that could salvage this season for Bammer is a win over Auburn. Hopefully that doesn't happen but even if it does, it still changes nothing. Auburn still dominates as the overall better football program and will continue to do so for the near future.

Ryan

SNAP OUT OF IT RYAN!!!

We are talking about Alabama here. If their football program folded and crumbled to the ground, never to take the field again, that still would not be good enough for me. I dare say that most of us do not feel at all sorry for them. All the years of cheating and claiming fake national championships and proclaiming themselves to be better than everyone else because "they are Alabama"....I'm glad they are in this shape. I hope it gets much worse before it gets better.

All those years of playing the IB at Legion Field and "splitting the tickets 50/50" at a "neutral site".....anyone who remembers those days knows what it was like to be an Auburn fan in this state. Overwhelmingly, those games were controlled by the bammer machine and a vast majority of bammer fans. Yet, we were still faithful.

I hate them. My gf had a hounstooth jacket hanging in the backseat of her car last night and I made her put it in the house before I would ride in the car.

Please refer to my post above. In due time, the entire bammer nation will come to embrace this ideology and accept their destiny as Alabama = Ole Miss.

CAUTION: You are about to enter the no spin zone. uat is a dangerous team right now, and a win over a better

team(everyone on their schedule) will reinvorgate the stupid arrogant masses. The only cure is continued beatdowns by SEC teams. Auburn will need to be well prepared as we will be in a prime setup for an upset.

On another note was the uat /TN game the most stupid game of play calling you have ever seen? TN did it's best to lose the game until the game winning drive. There were many stupid plays called all over the country on Saturday, ND/UCLA, Mich St, Duke, Ga Tech, and Auburn.

CAUTION: You are about to enter the no spin zone. uat is a dangerous team right now, and a win over a better

team(everyone on their schedule) will reinvorgate the stupid arrogant masses. The only cure is continued beatdowns by SEC teams. Auburn will need to be well prepared as we will be in a prime setup for an upset.

I agree, we need to be careful. We haven't exactly been overwhelming in every game we've played and we have a few cracks in our armor. Alabama is a wounded animal and even wounded house pets can pack a mean bite.

Bama is on the edge of total collapse, as even Juwan Simpson can tell between ice cream bites:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...&thispage=2

"Being a senior myself, along with the rest of the seniors, we have to take it upon ourselves not to let the season slip," said linebacker Juwan Simpson, who made 11 tackles. "We could easily call it a season and say `Forget it. We lost to Tennessee. We lost to Florida. Forget it.' We've just got to keep everybody's heads up. It's going to be tough."
Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Juwan on anything, but he's right. They are at a point emotionally where they are looking complete collapse in the eye and could go either way. Really, in their minds, only a win over us can salvage their season. (I don't think beating LSU would do it if they still lost their fifth in a row to us.) They will be either sky high or emotionally exhausted by the time we arrive in Tuscaloosa. We will be favored in the Iron Bowl and should win, but we need to be prepared for a team fighting with its back against the wall if they haven't already thrown in the towel.

I despise the attitude of many Bammers also, but they have played well enough to win tow of the games they lost. They are a very dangerous team now, especially if they come together after this tough loss.

Their season will either go completely in the tank now, or they will come back hungrier than ever. Not sure which will happen at this point, but we will not see until they suit it up in Red Stick for sure.

I just hope that we as a fan base can show some class and not act like so many of these Bammer fans that we despise. They are struggling now, but do you think their fans will care about losing to UT, UF or Arky if they beat Auburn? I don't think so, especially this year.

"Being a senior myself, along with the rest of the seniors, we have to take it upon ourselves not to let the season slip," said linebacker Juwan Simpson, who made 11 tackles. "We could easily call it a season and say `Forget it. We lost to Tennessee. We lost to Florida. Forget it.' We've just got to keep everybody's heads up. It's going to be tough."

And Arky!!...Don't forget Arky :arky::rolleyes:

This has SIGNATURE POTENTIAL all over it....It's just what everybody has been saying about this program for YEARS....and finally it spilleth from the mouth of one of their own inbreds...I LOVE IT.....

I think what's kind of sad and pathetic is that these guys keep believing that they can keep the same athletic department, same coach, same crew of rogue boosters, same mentality of hiring the "Bears Boys", same prehistoric offense, same nostalgia for the past.

You know who Alabama fans remind me of? Remember Norma Desmond on "Sunset Strip"? You know, the washed up actress who lived in the past? That's Alabama fans. The Norma Desmond of college football.

...and remember Carol Burnett doing that on her show??? HYSTERICAL!!!

:au::homer:

Archived