Alabama Boards In Meltdown...

otterinbham

Good God. There might as well be a lynch mob forming.

I mean, seriously. We're talking brick through the window bad. Hammer to the shins bad. Heck, I went through ten pages of threads, and they don't even feel up to bashing Auburn.

Let's just hope after they've had a night or two to sleep on it, they come to their senses and make the right choice (for us ;) ) and decide to give Shula another 3-4 years to "recover from sanctions and build his own program". :big:

But I'm beginning to worry that if he is as much of a Bama man, and as dedicated to UAT, as his defenders have said for the several years, he'll resign for the good of the school !

*humming to self* good ole Rocky Top, hey, hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmm...

I had to do that at work today!

Hell all week at work we heard Rocky Top, War Eagle!, and believe it or not, on Thursday, just before quitting time, we heard HALF of Yeah Alabama!

While nothing would please me more than to turn on the TV each and every saturday to see SPUAT getting blown out, the one positive for them keeping games close is that Ice Cream boy stays around a little longer. The UAT fans patience would be growing very thin if they were getting blown out ever week... If i had my way, UAT would lose every game by at least 6 TD's, Never score even a safety, and never get a first down on offense...LOL..

While nothing would please me more than to turn on the TV each and every saturday to see SPUAT getting blown out, the one positive for them keeping games close is that Ice Cream boy stays around a little longer. The UAT fans patience would be growing very thin if they were getting blown out ever week... If i had my way, UAT would lose every game by at least 6 TD's, Never score even a safety, and never get a first down on offense...LOL..

I prettty much agree but things are not looking good for Sheila. Even the players are quoted with some critical remarks in todays Huntsville Times (www.al.com)

Actually I had rather them lose every game by one point. Those hurt a lot more than lop-sided losses.

This was another great 'moral' victory for 'Bama, Shula should get a raise and another 10 years on his contract, please oh please...

Good thing they have so many early commitments. Barring late season miracles, it's going to be hard for Shula to go on the recruiting trail in January and promise recruits he'll still be their coach when they're sophomores.

[Of course, even early committments can still change their minds. :rolleyes: ]

I mean, seriously. We're talking brick through the window bad. Hammer to the shins bad. Heck, I went through ten pages of threads, and they don't even feel up to bashing Auburn.

WOW...Tonya Harding bad????!!! B)

:au::homer:

they really are the best 3-loss team in the nation.

Another moral victory!!! :rolleyes:

Even the players are quoted with some critical remarks in todays Huntsville Times (www.al.com)

Actually I had rather them lose every game by one point. Those hurt a lot more than lop-sided losses.

Wow. So they got the ice cream out of their mouths long enough to comment? :big:

I was at our game Saturday and didn't get to see UAT vs TN. Question ... did the boys from west Alabama get any style points Saturday?

They are devouring each other, awash in spiteful bickering. Tuscaloosa News had a poll on the site regarding what changes should be made in the coaching staff and after a round of sparring on their message board (that included sports editors and board moderators *snicker*) the poll and its results disappeared.

Can this be pity I feel?

*braaaapppp*

No, it was just gas. Whew. Gas and the realization that as soon as they beat FIU, they'll be back to beating chests, evoking memories of the Bear and talking trash.

They are devouring each other, awash in spiteful bickering. Tuscaloosa News had a poll on the site regarding what changes should be made in the coaching staff and after a round of sparring on their message board (that included sports editors and board moderators *snicker*) the poll and its results disappeared.

Can this be pity I feel?

*braaaapppp*

No, it was just gas. Whew. Gas and the realization that as soon as they beat FIU, they'll be back to beating chests, evoking memories of the Bear and talking trash.

You are correct on all fronts. What you are seeing is actually them struggling with an identity crisis. They have some fans that still buy into the "We are Alabama" and "We will be back" garbage. Then you have some fans that simply want to win games. Then you have those that just do not want to be embarassed each week.

In due time, they will all migrate into the latter category, and they will embrace the realization that Alabama = Ole Miss.

Can this be pity I feel?

*braaaapppp*

You are correct on all fronts. What you are seeing is actually them struggling with an identity crisis. They have some fans that still buy into the "We are Alabama" and "We will be back" garbage. Then you have some fans that simply want to win games. Then you have those that just do not want to be embarassed each week.

In due time, they will all migrate into the latter category, and they will embrace the realization that Alabama = Ole Miss.

:roflol:

Can this be pity I feel?

*braaaapppp*

WOW...that IS going to leave a mark. :roflol:

I just told my wife this afternon, that I was probably going to do something that I never thought I would ever, ever do. That is to hope that uat wins some ballgame. I'm not sure which one(s) but I feel that if Shula leaves or is run off, uat will find someone much better (how could they not). They need to win just enough big games to keep the brick throwers away. Who knows, maybe one of their wins will be beneficial to us.

I think what's kind of sad and pathetic is that these guys keep believing that they can keep the same athletic department, same coach, same crew of rogue boosters, same mentality of hiring the "Bears Boys", same prehistoric offense, same nostalgia for the past.

You know who Alabama fans remind me of? Remember Norma Desmond on "Sunset Strip"? You know, the washed up actress who lived in the past? That's Alabama fans. The Norma Desmond of college football.

Archived