Trivia

rolltoomer

Who on Florida's team fumbled the football in the final desperation hook-and-lateral play that Lee Patrick scooped up and ran in for a TD?

Lee Patrick didn't return it...Patrick Lee returned it... Who fumbled?? well, it technically was the one that pitched it that fumbled. Not sure who it was...but the ball was never possessed by the player that fell down, so he didn't fumble it....the fumble occured when it was pitched....

I believe it was everybody's all-american, Chris Leak.

Yep. Dang, 1st reply.

There was no talk of it during the broadcast, but it came out later that it was Leak.

aupcolatiger:

Fumble: "to drop a ball that is in play".

Leak FUMBLED the ball.

And I sincerely apologize for inserting "Patrick" in the wrong place when I sought to clarify which Lee.

Yep. Dang, 1st reply.

There was no talk of it during the broadcast, but it came out later that it was Leak.

aupcolatiger:

Leak FUMBLED the ball.

And I sincerely apologize for inserting "Patrick" in the wrong place when I sought to clarify which Lee.

partially correct...but not completely... In order to fumble the player must have POSSESSION.. The player that fell down never had possession..therefore he didn't fumble... the player that fell down actually MUFFED the ball...

yes on the play that all florida fans are complaining aboutl...LEAK FUMBLED....LOL

Yep. Dang, 1st reply.

aupcolatiger:

Leak FUMBLED the ball.

partially correct...but not completely... In order to fumble the player must have POSSESSION.. The player that fell down never had possession..therefore he didn't fumble... the player that fell down actually MUFFED the ball...

yes on the play that all florida fans are complaining aboutl...LEAK FUMBLED....LOL

Okay then, who pitched the ball that Leak muffed on the last play?

Archived