Durbin called them NAZIS. Murtha called them murderers.

AURaptor

So say his handlers. He even f'ed up his own coverup. The word he claims he left out of the speech (as he says it happened) doesn't even fit in the sentence.

He's been slamming the military for at least 35 years. Why should we expect him to change now? He is what he is and he should come on out and tell us what we already know about him.

You have to be a complete idiot to believe it was his intention to say that stupid people end up in the military. Or totally drunk on the kool aid.

So say his handlers. He even f'ed up his own coverup. The word he claims he left out of the speech (as he says it happened) doesn't even fit in the sentence.

He's been slamming the military for at least 35 years. Why should we expect him to change now? He is what he is and he should come on out and tell us what we already know about him.

You have to be a complete idiot to believe it was his intention to say that stupid people end up in the military. Or totally drunk on the kool aid.

Like I said before, if I were republican, I'd seize on this too so I wouldn't have to ponder how my party became so totally derailed from the conservatism that was once its hallmark. One would have to be predisposed to hate Kerry to believe that he was intentionally disparaging the military or to believe that he thinks a prerequisite to join is stupidity. His gaffe was amateurish, no doubt, and he made the right call by cancelling his other campaign stops, but, I find the "outrage" of the republicans laughable when compared with their reaction to the Foley scandal.

I find the "outrage" of the republicans laughable when compared with their reaction to the Foley scandal.

What about Foley? He immediatly resigned. Every damn Page has been interviewed, and to date, nothing has been found that indicates Foley ever layed a hand on one of them while they were in the program. If he broke any laws, it's yet to be found. Compare that to the Demorats 'treatment' of Congressman Studds, and the GOP doesn't look so bad.

The outrage for what Kerry said is very real and very relevent. He said what he said. How the Left tries to dove tail what Kerry said to somehow revive a tired, old and overly done story of an EX-Congressman in Foley is laughable.

I am curious. Do you two guys have a file drawer or a roladex filled with lefty talking points or do you just automatically regurgitate them like a drunken Kennedy?

AFA Kerry goes, this is the same old liberal song and dance routine. Say something stupid that you actually mean, and when the American people jump all over it, take it back and say that your words were "misinterpreted."

I don't fall for that. The dems jumped his butt, and Kerry thinks this MIGHT have harmed his chances for 2008, so let's throw an "apology" out there for good measure. They're stupid, they'll accept it.

As a military man, I'd tell Kerry that his "apology" is not accepted. I remember all those things he said about the troops in the past, going all the way back from Vietnam to his recent remarks about troops terrorizing innocent people at night in Iraq. With all those things that he's said about my brothers and sisters over in harms way, I can not buy that he was merely joking. Nor do I buy that he was misinterpreted. He knew exactly what he was saying when he said it! The one thing he has said during this ordeal is when he stated that he was not going to apologize at all. That right there was the only truth he has told.

The only reason Kerry is saying he is sorry today is because the democrats are scrambling to control the damage and are putting pressure on him to do so. He isn't even man enough to apologize on the air; he posted some prepared statement (drafted by a staffer no doubt) on his website.

As far as I'm concerned, Kerry can shove it up his elitist a$$ and accept this humble "SCREW OFF" from the men and women in uniform. He proved yet again that he is nothing but a phony and a disgrace.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice Sani had already posted this. Oh well.

kerry.jpg

Bite me John "Douchebag" Kerry. Take your "apology" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

He still thinks this is Vietnam and there is a draft....he doesn't realize that there has now been 2 generations of the all volunteer military; which is comprised completely of high school and college graduates...unlike the general population....and as the latest studies show, it is a middle class force. Just as it was nearly 30 years ago when I volunteered.....

He spoke his true mind...these were not his first comments attempting to slam the military....for crying out loud, he called them war criminals....

Let's say for the moment that it was a "failed joke" about the Presidents lack of smarts...Kerry's grades were worse than the Presidents...who's the idiot?

Back in the 70's when they were eliminating the draft and starting the all volunteer service, John Kerry said then that the service would only be populated by low income uneducated blacks, Hispanics and a few whites. He was wrong in his assessment then and it appears he has not looked at the facts so he could change his racist, elitist opinion. He was wrong then, he is wrong now. His apologies are only damage control. In short John Kerry is a racist douche bag.

Off hand I can't think of any issue Kerry has ever been on the correct side of. But the people of Mass continue to vote him in, which is their prerogative.

He still thinks this is Vietnam and there is a draft....he doesn't realize that there has now been 2 generations of the all volunteer military; which is comprised completely of high school and college graduates...unlike the general population....and as the latest studies show, it is a middle class force. Just as it was nearly 30 years ago when I volunteered.....

He spoke his true mind...these were not his first comments attempting to slam the military....for crying out loud, he called them war criminals....

Let's say for the moment that it was a "failed joke" about the Presidents lack of smarts...Kerry's grades were worse than the Presidents...who's the idiot?

Who's the idiot? Anyone who thinks Kerry just decided it would be a good idea to intentionally call everyone in the military stupid one week before the election. I'm sure Karl Rove doesn't believe Kerry intended to do that, but he's sure glad he can depend on guys like you to fall for any spin he decides to throw your way. Rove doesn't respect you. He thinks you're a joke, just like he thinks evangelicals are a joke, but he's soooo glad he can count on you.

I'll tell you who the idiots are. They are the ones who are buying the "joke gone wrong" whitewashing that the Kerry handlers are trying to pass off as an explanation.

Watch the video and tell me if it looks like he simply "botched a joke". See the sneer? He knew exactly what he was saying.

I love how some folks are trying their best to smooth this insult over. Check out this article

The way opponents have seized on the remarks by Kerry, a Yale graduate and decorated Vietnam veteran is a sign, says political analyst Steven Cohen, of just how contentious, polarized and "poisonous" American politics has become. Not that there hasn't been political nastiness before - there were fistfights on the floor of Congress in the 19th century, Cohen says. But now, it's all magnified by electronic media and the Web.

"What's lost in all this is any genuine discussion of the issue," says Cohen, professor of public policy at Columbia University. "Have we made mistakes in Iraq? Where should we go now? The questions have instead become, 'Is John Kerry disrespectful to troops?' and 'Is George Bush stupid?'"

One thing the episode does show, says a prominent analyst of political communication, is that more than ever, politicians need to listen to themselves while speaking, and catch remarks that could be misconstrued. Call it self-editing, or self-monitoring, Kerry was not doing that on Monday, says Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

"It happens to people who give lots of speeches, you get tired, and you start to abbreviate," says Jamieson. "It wouldn't be like Kerry to criticize the troops, it's perfectly plausible that he was trying to joke about Bush."

Where has this chick been for the past 35 years?

Kerry is an idiot. He was an idiot in the seventies, he was an idiot during the last campaign, and he is an idiot now. Seems to me that in the last election when he thought it would be advantageous to him, he claimed to be proud of the military service that he slammed so bad after he got out. Doesn't that put him in the same category that he just publicly slammed the other day? It makes my blood boil every time I hear Kerry's name mentioned in the same conversation with the word "decorated" veteran. Kerry stands for nothing but Kerry. What you see is what he is. He is a liar, a cheat, lacks character, and should never have been given the honor of wearing the uniform of my Naval service. His whole life is based on a lie. The honorable men and women of the armed forces (past and present) know him for what he is and more importantly what he is not.

I'll tell you who the idiots are. They are the ones who are buying the "joke gone wrong" whitewashing that the Kerry handlers are trying to pass off as an explanation.

Watch the video and tell me if it looks like he simply "botched a joke". See the sneer? He knew exactly what he was saying.

I love how some folks are trying their best to smooth this insult over. Check out this article

The way opponents have seized on the remarks by Kerry, a Yale graduate and decorated Vietnam veteran is a sign, says political analyst Steven Cohen, of just how contentious, polarized and "poisonous" American politics has become. Not that there hasn't been political nastiness before - there were fistfights on the floor of Congress in the 19th century, Cohen says. But now, it's all magnified by electronic media and the Web.

"What's lost in all this is any genuine discussion of the issue," says Cohen, professor of public policy at Columbia University. "Have we made mistakes in Iraq? Where should we go now? The questions have instead become, 'Is John Kerry disrespectful to troops?' and 'Is George Bush stupid?'"

One thing the episode does show, says a prominent analyst of political communication, is that more than ever, politicians need to listen to themselves while speaking, and catch remarks that could be misconstrued. Call it self-editing, or self-monitoring, Kerry was not doing that on Monday, says Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

"It happens to people who give lots of speeches, you get tired, and you start to abbreviate," says Jamieson. "It wouldn't be like Kerry to criticize the troops, it's perfectly plausible that he was trying to joke about Bush."

Kerry is an idiot. He was an idiot in the seventies, he was an idiot during the last campaign, and he is an idiot now. Seems to me that in the last election when he thought it would be advantageous to him, he claimed to be proud of the military service that he slammed so bad after he got out. Doesn't that put him in the same category that he just publicly slammed the other day? It makes my blood boil every time I hear Kerry's name mentioned in the same conversation with the word "decorated" veteran. Kerry stands for nothing but Kerry. What you see is what he is. He is a liar, a cheat, lacks character, and should never have been given the honor of wearing the uniform of my Naval service. His whole life is based on a lie. The honorable men and women of the armed forces (past and present) know him for what he is and more importantly what he is not.

A Bush supporter calling anyone an idiot simply lacks credibility.

Dispute what I've said. You can't because what I've said is the truth. There's no level of spinning, shielding, or moving the nutshell that will change this!

I present facts and, as usual, you attack the messenger. You're too easy!

As do you O Great Moderate Defender of all Democrats, for defending Kerry.

As do you O Great Moderate Defender of all Democrats, for defending Kerry.

I think Kerry was bonehead and that he needed to apologize, shut up and go home. I was actually calling you whackos out on calling him a traitor, blah, blah, blah. You guys are the extremists here.

A long time ago I realized what a waste of breath this forum is. Well, curiousity killed the cat and I peeked in for a second and I have to ask:

"Don't you guys ever get tired of this shi!?"

Dispute what I've said. You can't because what I've said is the truth. There's no level of spinning, shielding, or moving the nutshell that will change this!

TIS is an idiot. He was an idiot in the seventies, he was an idiot during the last campaign, and he is an idiot now. It makes my blood boil every time I hear TIS's name mentioned in the same conversation with the word "decorated" veteran. TIS stands for nothing bu TIS. What you see is what he is. He is a liar, a cheat, lacks character, and should never have been given the honor of wearing the uniform of my Naval service. His whole life is based on a lie. The honorable men and women of the armed forces (past and present) know him for what he is and more importantly what he is not.

There's a response you can relate to! Dispute it! Prove me wrong! You can't do it!

TIS is an idiot. He was an idiot in the seventies, he was an idiot during the last campaign, and he is an idiot now. It makes my blood boil every time I hear TIS's name mentioned in the same conversation with the word "decorated" veteran. TIS stands for nothing bu TIS. What you see is what he is. He is a liar, a cheat, lacks character, and should never have been given the honor of wearing the uniform of my Naval service. His whole life is based on a lie. The honorable men and women of the armed forces (past and present) know him for what he is and more importantly what he is not.

There's a response you can relate to! Dispute it! Prove me wrong! You can't do it!

WTH was that?

Look, Kerry slammed the military and lied his way thru the Democratic Party. He lied about his shipmates. He called them rapists and murderers. He made up the lie about 'Christmas in Cambodia' because he was too stupid to know that Nixon wasnt even in power in Dec of 68. His 'Band of Brothers' called him a liar about it. He told the lie for 35 years and no one in the press had the brains to call him on it. The Navy records say he is a liar. His shipmates call him a liar. History calls him a liar. And still the dolts on the Left lick his boots.

Excuse some of us veterans that remember him for what he was and is...A LIAR, nothing more. So he slams the military again? And we are supposed to be shocked? We are supposed to believe that THIS TIME it was JUST a botched joke? Why? Has it been a botched joke all the rest of his life?

The truly pathetic thing here is that there are some mouth breathers on the Democrat's side that will actually con themselves into believing that Kerry was just telling a botched joke.

WTH was that?

Look, Kerry slammed the military and lied his way thru the Democratic Party. He lied about his shipmates. He called them rapists and murderers. He made up the lie about 'Christmas in Cambodia' because he was too stupid to know that Nixon wasnt even in power in Dec of 68. His 'Band of Brothers' called him a liar about it. He told the lie for 35 years and no one in the press had the brains to call him on it. The Navy records say he is a liar. His shipmates call him a liar. History calls him a liar. And still the dolts on the Left lick his boots.

Excuse some of us veterans that remember him for what he was and is...A LIAR, nothing more. So he slams the military again? And we are supposed to be shocked? We are supposed to believe that THIS TIME it was JUST a botched joke? Why? Has it been a botched joke all the rest of his life?

The truly pathetic thing here is that there are some mouth breathers on the Democrat's side that will actually con themselves into believing that Kerry was just telling a botched joke.

Read the thread. Read what I'm replying to and you will readily see WTH it is. Or at least should.

The fact is that Kerry has a record of outrageous smears against our armed forces going back to 1971 when he lied before the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee; or last year when he ripped the character of our troops in Iraq on Face the Nation. His slur against these same soldiers this past week is consistent with three decades of contempt for our soldiers. This is Kerry's pattern because these are Kerry's beliefs.

I stated my case in a factual manner, and you (as usual) respond by hurling childish insults at me. I'm not suprised. This how you respond when you find you cajones handed to you in debate.

Keep defending this clown. He is one of the prime reasons people hate the democrat party.

I stated my case in a factual manner, and you (as usual) respond by hurling childish insults at me. I'm not suprised. This how you respond when you find you cajones handed to you in debate.

What you called "childish insults" are your own words on this thread, verbatim, with your name substituted for Kerry's. I agree with your characterization of those words. At least we agree on something.

UncleSam.jpg

picture_092.jpg

Archived