Louisville or WVU

TrojanTiger13

Ok im aware that were all rooting for them to beat the crap out of one another and hurt themselves to the point that they lose 2 ball games after but who do you pull for in this one? Im pulling for Louisville

Louisville. My Mamaw and my sister graduated from UL and my parents are from there and live there now. I hope they win this one, then lose to Rutgers, same result.

This is painful. A coworker that played for WVU in the late 70s was talking smack...Univ. of West Va. football smack...today :no:

So upon doing a little research: do you know we've beaten more top 10 teams this year than they've beaten COMBINED since 1993? We've beaten more top 10 teams in the last three (3) years than UWV has beaten COMBINED since 1941. My source is their own website.

UL 0 - UWV 0 and a leaky stadium gas pipe blows both teams off the map

I will go with UL simply because WV has no D and the defensive ends for UL should be good enough to contain the outside running game.

i WANT UL to win. i THINK WVU will win easily.

Remember their good year way back? Major Harris? Didn't that team lose in the bowl game for their only loss that year?

Remember their good year way back? Major Harris? Didn't that team lose in the bowl game for their only loss that year?

I want whoever is more likely to lose to rutgers, to win. Although my girlfriend went to high school with Pat White so I have a tiny affinity for W. Virginia.

Here's what I don't get. I was just really looking at WVU and UL's schedule and it's a joke. They play each other and Rutgers and that's it. UL played Miami in name only, this Miami team is the worst in 20 years. If everything holds true with computer rankings, polls, etc., whichever team loses should drop way out of the top ten based on strength of schedule alone. An people harp on Auburn's strength of schedule... geesh!

honestly i can't stand bobby petrino. he just... i don't like him. BUT louisville seems like the team more likely to lose down the stretch. they're playing some of their worst ball of the year right now. so in the hopes of eliminating all big east teams from contention since none of them has earned it, i'm pulling for the cards.

more than anything? go university of new jersey!

Yep WV finished 11-1 in 1988. They lost to Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl 34-21 for the national championship.

Here's what I don't get. I was just really looking at WVU and UL's schedule and it's a joke. They play each other and Rutgers and that's it. UL played Miami in name only, this Miami team is the worst in 20 years. If everything holds true with computer rankings, polls, etc., whichever team loses should drop way out of the top ten based on strength of schedule alone. An people harp on Auburn's strength of schedule... geesh!

In regards to your sig... Can you believe that poor b*****d committed suicide over tax evasion? People baffle me.

ps. the 1988 tag was not the only year in question. major harris was the qb in 1988, but in 1993, they (along with auburn) were the only unbeaten teams heading into bowl season. they too got left out of the title game (us because of probation, them b/c they didn't deserve it) and promptly got drilled (41-7) by the florida team that auburn and (national champion) florida state beat.

both years, they went 11-0 only to get beaten in bowl season and be completely forgotten by the history books.

Hmm.. I would like to go with WVU on this one. I hope they lose to the Rutgers though.

My thoughts exactly.

Yep WV finished 11-1 in 1988. They lost to Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl 34-21 for the national championship.

That was the year Auburn lost to LSU 7-6 or it would have been AUBURN whipping that sorry Notre Dame team's butt for the NC, right?

I had forgotten that.

I now officially HATE West Virginia.

I just called into a radio show here and picked UL to win 32-28 citing WVU's weak schedule and the fact that the cardinals have something to prove in an emotional home game at night. (Which is also a Thursday night road game for WVU we know how tough those are!)

Go for Loiusville. I could definitely see them getting really pumped up about this game and having it be really really physical. Then when they have to play Rutgers next week showing up without the same intensity and losing.

Archived