jimmy johns

Hixsontiger58

With all the mouth running by him last week, I thought he would play alot Sat. Looks as though Bama backs run their mouths better than they run the ball.

WAR EAGLE from Tn.

He should have followed kenny Irons example when we played South Carolina. Just play the game and don't worry about the past.

I will say, as much as we are frustrated with Shula, I was proud of the fans today. Not a single one booed our team today. I was a little surprised, actually.

corsoespn.jpg

Not so fast my friend. According to Tide Sports.com:

Boos could be heard from the Alabama crowd throughout the game and seemed mostly aimed at running back Kenneth Darby, the Crimson Tide’s third leading rusher of all time. Darby has had only two 100-yard rushing games this season and has not scored a touchdown. He carried the ball 13 times for 54 yards Saturday.

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Not so fast my friends, BOOS in the student section were not directed at any of our players......they were directed to the Refs. Javier Arenas was not down on that punt return. Doesnt matter now, but to be honest....thats the only BOOS I heard. That and when #98 of Miss State started talk crap up in the stands.

How are the players supposed to know that the boos are not aimed at them?

Common sense.

After a questionable play, you'll usually hear boos from the home crowd. Question: Was Arenas' knee down or not? I was at the game so I couldn't get the best look and I don't feel like watching the replay of that "game" to find out for myself.

And I can promise you that nobody was booing the players. Shula? Yes. Refs? Yes. Players? Definitely not.

You can say common sense all you want to but the truth is when those guys are on the field they can't tell the difference unless it's after a bad reff call.

You weren't at the game, obviously. It was very clear.

I was at the AU/ :arky: game in 2002 when Cobb was booed off only to follow an eruption of cheers when Campbell took the field the next series. You're not teflon on this. :)

Im fully aware that Auburn has been guilty of booing but all im saying is that I have heard about Bammers booing in the Duke, Ole Miss, Hawaii, and now State games and I must say maybe it's not just the coaches but perhaps the players have given up on the coaches and the fans.

I dont know. I know that I heard booing when the ref made a very questionable call. I dont not recall booing any players, I do remember booing the play calling. I for one didnt boo any of the players or Shula. The refs on the other hand, yea that suck. But thats the SEC, good hardnose, beat the crap out of the other team football, and then horrible refs. Never understood why the refs in the SEC suck so bad.

With all the mouth running by him last week, I thought he would play alot Sat. Looks as though Bama backs run their mouths better than they run the ball.

WAR EAGLE from Tn.

He should have followed kenny Irons example when we played South Carolina. Just play the game and don't worry about the past.

Besides which, I thought HE was the one that didn't want Miss. State. Is that just a story we're hearing? Was SPUAT a second choice? Not that I don't understand that completely.

WAR EAGLE from Tn.

Besides which, I thought HE was the one that didn't want Miss. State. Is that just a story we're hearing? Was SPUAT a second choice? Not that I don't understand that completely.

I think you're confused. He won the Mississippi Mr. Football two years ago and was considered a MSU lean. However, he never committed to State. Alabama then began to show interest and he committed to us without ever taking a visit.... and the rest is history. That's where the bad blood between Sly and Johns stems from.

i stand by the booing of cobb. campbell's play vs. cobb's play was night and day. it seemed as though the coaches were blind to his poor play - the fans, however, were not

I will say, as much as we are frustrated with Shula, I was proud of the fans today. Not a single one booed our team today. I was a little surprised, actually.

corsoespn.jpg

Not so fast my friend. According to Tide Sports.com:

Boos could be heard from the Alabama crowd throughout the game and seemed mostly aimed at running back Kenneth Darby, the Crimson Tide’s third leading rusher of all time. Darby has had only two 100-yard rushing games this season and has not scored a touchdown. He carried the ball 13 times for 54 yards Saturday.

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Not so fast my friends, BOOS in the student section were not directed at any of our players......they were directed to the Refs. Javier Arenas was not down on that punt return. Doesnt matter now, but to be honest....thats the only BOOS I heard. That and when #98 of Miss State started talk crap up in the stands.

How are the players supposed to know that the boos are not aimed at them?

Common sense.

After a questionable play, you'll usually hear boos from the home crowd. Question: Was Arenas' knee down or not? I was at the game so I couldn't get the best look and I don't feel like watching the replay of that "game" to find out for myself.

And I can promise you that nobody was booing the players. Shula? Yes. Refs? Yes. Players? Definitely not.

You can say common sense all you want to but the truth is when those guys are on the field they can't tell the difference unless it's after a bad reff call.

You weren't at the game, obviously. It was very clear.

I was at the AU/ :arky: game in 2002 when Cobb was booed off only to follow an eruption of cheers when Campbell took the field the next series. You're not teflon on this. :)

Im fully aware that Auburn has been guilty of booing but all im saying is that I have heard about Bammers booing in the Duke, Ole Miss, Hawaii, and now State games and I must say maybe it's not just the coaches but perhaps the players have given up on the coaches and the fans.

I dont know. I know that I heard booing when the ref made a very questionable call. I dont not recall booing any players, I do remember booing the play calling. I for one didnt boo any of the players or Shula. The refs on the other hand, yea that suck. But thats the SEC, good hardnose, beat the crap out of the other team football, and then horrible refs. Never understood why the refs in the SEC suck so bad.

The refs are bad because they are part-timers. I mean they do not do this for a living. The pro's are paid a yearly salary. College refs are paid for the games they work and for what position they work during a game, kind of like in high school football. They start preparing in August and don't practice year round like most of the pro refs do. Even with that said, they are still human but yet make some unbelievable mistakes.

The refs are bad because they are part-timers. I mean they do not do this for a living. The pro's are paid a yearly salary. College refs are paid for the games they work and for what position they work during a game, kind of like in high school football. They start preparing in August and don't practice year round like most of the pro refs do. Even with that said, they are still human but yet make some unbelievable mistakes.

Yea, I realize that. It just seems that SEC refs suck so much more that others. I dont know. But then when you think about it, OU got screwed completely on that onside kick play. I think it was the second game of the year or something? (Someone please help me out with this, I forget the team and such)

i stand by the booing of cobb. campbell's play vs. cobb's play was night and day. it seemed as though the coaches were blind to his poor play - the fans, however, were not

at least your honest.

Archived