jimmy johns

Hixsontiger58

With all the mouth running by him last week, I thought he would play alot Sat. Looks as though Bama backs run their mouths better than they run the ball.

WAR EAGLE from Tn.

I think the leading rusher was Darby and he only had about 50 yards. On the other hand Auburns leading rusher was Ben Tate and he had over 90 yards :big:

Johns carried 1 time for a yard I believe. He saw very little PT today.

Why he had to come out and say all that, I'll never know. We haven't earned the right to talk trash to Hoover High School, much less an SEC team.

Why he had to come out and say all that, I'll never know. We haven't earned the right to talk trash to Hoover High School, much less an SEC team.

can someone remind me what Johns said...

Something to the effect of "We're Alabama. He wonders why I didn't go to MSU? What did they do last year? We shut them out in their stadium, won 10 games, went to the Cotton Bowl and won it."

Talk is so cheap.

Something to the effect of "We're Alabama. He wonders why I didn't go to MSU? What did they do last year? We shut them out in their stadium, won 10 games, went to the Cotton Bowl and won it."

Talk is so cheap.

WOW first the head butt and then running off at the mouth? I thought I heard some ppl claiming this guy was the 2nd coming of Shaun Alexander

Talk is so cheap.

WOW first the head butt and then running off at the mouth? I thought I heard some ppl claiming this guy was the 2nd coming of Shaun Alexander

He's good, but certainly not in that class.

Of course, nobody can be a good player when the coach isn't giving you the freaking football.

Talk is so cheap.

Of course, nobody can be a good player when the coach isn't giving you the freaking football.

Which are the Bama fans more upset about, the bad play calling or bad personell decisions?

Talk is so cheap.

Which are the Bama fans more upset about, the bad play calling or bad personell decisions?

Ehh, a little of both. We seem to be moving the ball. We just go in a shell when we get inside the 20. I'd like us to throw it to the endzone before we get in the red zone for once!

I will say, as much as we are frustrated with Shula, I was proud of the fans today. Not a single one booed our team today. I was a little surprised, actually.

"I was proud of the fans today. Not a single one booed our team today. I was a little surprised, actually."

That's because mediocrity is setting in, the've become accepting to it.

:poke:

I understood from listening to the radio that he got his block knocked off on the one carry and was taken out of the game.

"Looking out his earhole and not sure where he is" was Eli's comment.

I understood from listening to the radio that he got his block knocked off on the one carry and was taken out of the game.

"Looking out his earhole and not sure where he is" was Eli's comment.

That is what I heard also, The trainers kept him out of the game because they thought he may have a concussion

I will say, as much as we are frustrated with Shula, I was proud of the fans today. Not a single one booed our team today. I was a little surprised, actually.

corsoespn.jpg

Not so fast my friend. According to Tide Sports.com:

Boos could be heard from the Alabama crowd throughout the game and seemed mostly aimed at running back Kenneth Darby, the Crimson Tide’s third leading rusher of all time. Darby has had only two 100-yard rushing games this season and has not scored a touchdown. He carried the ball 13 times for 54 yards Saturday.

Link

Gotcha! ;)

corsoespn.jpg

Boos could be heard from the Alabama crowd throughout the game and seemed mostly aimed at running back Kenneth Darby, the Crimson Tide’s third leading rusher of all time. Darby has had only two 100-yard rushing games this season and has not scored a touchdown. He carried the ball 13 times for 54 yards Saturday.

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Also on the bammarham news last night, they showed pictures of the bammar student section (I think) where kids had put paper bags over their heads. One bag had something to the effect of "Shula is a bum" written on it. Who needs boos when you can wear bags. :)

Look at the Lee Corso picture. Someone has a sign, "Lee Corso is a penis". Is that where the idea of "Lou Holtz is a penis" started, or vice versa? I have no idea when the game that picture is from was played.

corsoespn.jpg

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Not so fast my friends, BOOS in the student section were not directed at any of our players......they were directed to the Refs. Javier Arenas was not down on that punt return. Doesnt matter now, but to be honest....thats the only BOOS I heard. That and when #98 of Miss State started talk crap up in the stands.

Not so fast my friends, BOOS in the student section were not directed at any of our players......they were directed to the Refs. Javier Arenas was not down on that punt return. Doesnt matter now, but to be honest....thats the only BOOS I heard. That and when #98 of Miss State started talk crap up in the stands.

It's no big deal to me (fans boo everywhere at one time or another) but I did hear boos on TV that seemed to be aimed at poor play calling and failed plays every now and then. But the is picture proof (see todays's Huntsville Times at al.com) of the three students wearing paper sacks ove their heads (already mentioned above). The writing on the sacks was:

--Shula?

--Mike Who?

--Shula is a Bum.

Can see why Darby hasn't scored a touchdown, he couldn't score a touchdown from the half yard line to win a game against Grissom when he was a senior in high school.....never understood the big attraction about him and was damn glad we never signed him. Run for show, score for dough..

corsoespn.jpg

Link

Gotcha! ;)

How are the players supposed to know that the boos are not aimed at them?

Can see why Darby hasn't scored a touchdown, he couldn't score a touchdown from the half yard line to win a game against Grissom when he was a senior in high school.....never understood the big attraction about him and was damn glad we never signed him. Run for show, score for dough..

I'm with you, I never thought Darby would have done as much at Alabama as he has done.

corsoespn.jpg

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Common sense.

After a questionable play, you'll usually hear boos from the home crowd. Question: Was Arenas' knee down or not? I was at the game so I couldn't get the best look and I don't feel like watching the replay of that "game" to find out for myself.

And I can promise you that nobody was booing the players. Shula? Yes. Refs? Yes. Players? Definitely not.

corsoespn.jpg

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Common sense.

After a questionable play, you'll usually hear boos from the home crowd. Question: Was Arenas' knee down or not? I was at the game so I couldn't get the best look and I don't feel like watching the replay of that "game" to find out for myself.

And I can promise you that nobody was booing the players. Shula? Yes. Refs? Yes. Players? Definitely not.

You can say common sense all you want to but the truth is when those guys are on the field they can't tell the difference unless it's after a bad reff call.

corsoespn.jpg

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Common sense.

You can say common sense all you want to but the truth is when those guys are on the field they can't tell the difference unless it's after a bad reff call.

You weren't at the game, obviously. It was very clear.

I was at the AU/ :arky: game in 2002 when Cobb was booed off only to follow an eruption of cheers when Campbell took the field the next series. You're not teflon on this. :)

corsoespn.jpg

Link

Gotcha! ;)

Common sense.

You weren't at the game, obviously. It was very clear.

I was at the AU/ :arky: game in 2002 when Cobb was booed off only to follow an eruption of cheers when Campbell took the field the next series. You're not teflon on this. :)

Im fully aware that Auburn has been guilty of booing but all im saying is that I have heard about Bammers booing in the Duke, Ole Miss, Hawaii, and now State games and I must say maybe it's not just the coaches but perhaps the players have given up on the coaches and the fans.

Archived