OK, OK.......UGA showed the world...

autigeremt

that we were overated! I felt like we were in a situation where we might lose a close one, but a BLOWOUT?????

CTT better get a grip on this team in about 48 hours, or the thumb might get shoved up our !@# :no:

Will Muschamp needs to get out of town!!!!! I'm sick of the lack of adjustments!! I would defend you if the defense were in position and not making plays, but COME ON!!!! :blink:

CTT needs to get bigger inside linebackers!!!!! And the D line could use a little bit more too!

Coach Nall, what has happended to our O line this year???? Is it the injuries, or more of a talent issue?

We had better get this thing fixed over the week, or Alabama will beat us, and the end of this season will be a huge letdown.

I am sorry for the venting! But enough is enough! Have we really gone down hill this much after 2004?

look at the bright side.....you didn't lose to MSU. at home.

That's true. You all put up a great fight tonight with LSU. We will have to play 100% better than today, to get you guys next weekend.

look at the bright side.....you didn't lose to MSU. at home.

That's true. You all put up a great fight tonight with LSU. We will have to play 100% better than today, to get you guys next weekend.

Right now, I can't believe we beat LSU! It is as though we are a completely different team. I wonder if playing three teams in a row that are not that challenging didn't actually hurt us.

Whoa are people worried about Alabama? No way - everyone on this board has been "fear the thumb" and acting like Bama sucks. What's changed?? Oh you guys finally realized that Auburn is a good team and not a great team? That Bama isn't as bad as you thought? Interesting...

Auburn - like Bama and every other team in the country - has its bad games and its good games. Auburn has played up to its competition when it had to and fortunately didn't make costly mistakes in those games. Auburn made too many mistakes today, like in the Arkansas game. That is all. Plus Arkansas is REALLY good. Georgia is a good team as well - they just had some bad breaks against Vandy and Kentucky

Auburn - like Bama and every other team in the country - has its bad games and its good games. Auburn has played up to its competition when it had to and fortunately didn't make costly mistakes in those games. Auburn made too many mistakes today, like in the Arkansas game. That is all. Plus Arkansas is REALLY good. Georgia is a good team as well - they just had some bad breaks against Vandy and Kentucky

and Colorado, and Tennessee, and Miss. St., and Florida . . .

that we were overated! I felt like we were in a situation where we might lose a close one, but a BLOWOUT?????

CTT better get a grip on this team in about 48 hours, or the thumb might get shoved up our !@# :no:

Will Muschamp needs to get out of town!!!!! I'm sick of the lack of adjustments!! I would defend you if the defense were in position and not making plays, but COME ON!!!! :blink:

CTT needs to get bigger inside linebackers!!!!! And the D line could use a little bit more too!

Coach Nall, what has happended to our O line this year???? Is it the injuries, or more of a talent issue?

We had better get this thing fixed over the week, or Alabama will beat us, and the end of this season will be a huge letdown.

I am sorry for the venting! But enough is enough! Have we really gone down hill this much after 2004?

WE ARE 9-2.

I'm so sick of these posts calling for people's jobs. We have a shot at a 10 win season. Did everyone forget that a 10 win season is a GREAT year? My God people, we lost a rivalry game that dates back over 100 years. Sure UGA wasn't ranked this year, but like the old saying goes, "throw rankings out the window". We looked bad today and that's that. It sickens me to see posts like yours.

WE ARE 9-2.

I'm so sick of these posts calling for people's jobs. We have a shot at a 10 win season. Did everyone forget that a 10 win season is a GREAT year? My God people, we lost a rivalry game that dates back over 100 years. Sure UGA wasn't ranked this year, but like the old saying goes, "throw rankings out the window". We looked bad today and that's that. It sickens me to see posts like yours.

UGA played better football today and they won...thats it...as long as we are ready to correct our mistakes we comitted today, our team will be fine...

War Eagle!! :cheer:

i'm rarely a "fire him" kinda guy. i just find it hard to get really excited about a man losing his job, moving his family, etc. it's not the kinda thing that gets me stoked. BUT i will say that muschamp has been a total disappointment. at the same time, i can point to two very, very, very good reasons not to fire him:

reason number 1) joe kines. alabama's defense was utter garbage his first year. they were unorganized. they had poor fundamentals (and remember they were good defensively the year before he came and coming off a 10-win year). they didn't do anything right. bama fans almost unanimously (sp?) called for his job. in the best coaching move of shula's career, he didn't cave. he kept kines, the players learned the system properly, and they've been a great defensive team ever since. muschamp might be our kines.

reason number 2) the players. those defensive players' heads are swimming. everyone talks about what a miracle jason campbell was for learning 4 offenses in his last 4 years (and he was), but no one ever feels sorry for our defensive players. david irons has had 3 position coaches in 3 years at auburn. karibi dede has learned three positions and three defensive schemes since becoming a starter. these guys deserve a chance to learn something well and show the world how good they can be.

the best thing we can give them, despite muschamp's completely and utterly unimpressive debut effort, is time. the best improvement we'll get from our players is simply "year two." chizik had his struggles in 2002 (300+ yards rushing by matt jones and fred talley ring a bell?), but the next two years, his defenses were buzzsaws. i'm not a muschamp guy, but if we give him just a little time, he might be a joe kines and our defense might just turn into a wrecking crew.

(we do need bigger linebackers though. i have high hopes for the combination of blackmon and stevens starting at the outside spots.)

WE ARE 9-2.

Amen, brother!!! I hate to be an I told you so, but anyone older than about 18 should be able to remember that there have been SEVERAL times over the past ten years when the underdog has taken this game. I had a sick feeling about this game all week. The UGA fans had given up. The AU fans were assuming a win. The game was at JH. Perfect scenario for an unmotivated team to get blown out. IMO, we don't have talent problems and we only have minor game planning problems. The glaring weakness on this team is a lack of leadership from within. It seems that the seniors on this team have done a poor job of providing leadership and guidance for the younger ones.

Guys you can not tell me you are not sick over the crap our coaches put on the field yesterday. It was a joke. Not one player was ready to play. The starter of this thread was just telling the truth. We did not make any adjustments at all. What we did was quit. Not one time did I see Nall yelling and screaming at this O line. I did not see any fire from Muschamp. Do I think CWM needs to fired, NO. CTT just stood over on the sidelines like a deer in the head lights. No one got vocal.

For the most part this year, our coaches have done a good job. We are just a play here and there from being 6-5. We can win close games. BLOW OUTS ARE UNACCEPTABLE!!!

The biggest problem this year is, We lost all of our leaders except Courtney Taylor. He tries to lead but he can not do it all. I don't see anyone getting on to players who miss blocks or miss tackles. I do not see anyone trying to lead this team and that has been our problem all year.

WE ARE 9-2.

Like I said at the end of the post.......I WAS VENTING!!!!! But how in the heck do you not get up for UGA?????????????????? I mean, come on! It's next in line to the Iron Bowl and LSU!

Sorry if I pissed off a few fellow Tigers with this post. :blink:

WE ARE 9-2.

Like I said at the end of the post.......I WAS VENTING!!!!! But how in the heck do you not get up for UGA?????????????????? I mean, come on! It's next in line to the Iron Bowl and LSU!

Sorry if I pissed off a few fellow Tigers with this post. :blink:

You didn't piss me off. You were merely telling it like it is. If your team can't get fired up to play a 100 year old rivalry... I don't know what that says about your team.

C-villager: did I really call you a bammer before? :(

Whoa are people worried about Alabama? No way - everyone on this board has been "fear the thumb" and acting like Bama sucks. What's changed?? Oh you guys finally realized that Auburn is a good team and not a great team? That Bama isn't as bad as you thought? Interesting...

No, Bamar's as bad as we thought...but you are correct in one aspect...we are a good, but not a Great, team.

:au::homer:

After Yesterday, I think it proves that any SEC team can beat any SEC team on any given day.........

But people hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEAR THE ThUMB!

Shut it.

Edgecy were cool but yes you did! I am a very frantic person at times and get very PO'd when our team comes out and totaly gets wiped off the field!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I love Auburn and the people that are my fellow fans, GRADS and men and women!!!!!!!!!!!

WDE BEAT THE TIDE NO EXCUSES JUST LAY THEM AND FILET THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man you guys are harsh.

Overrated - You beat two top 10 teams.

You got stung by a HUGE rivalry game, a team that had nothing to lose.

It happens. Just like the Iron bowl no matter how bad one team is, its always a dog fight. Just like UGA Auburn.

Man I though I was a tough critic. But to say Auburn is overated, to me is a bit of a stretch.

Maybe i have my SEC glasses on, its the SEC boys better strap it on or you will get beat..

Auburn is a legit top 15 team in my eyes, as is LSU and UF, both that Auburn beat.

Not to suck up to the locals here, I am no Auburn fan, just providing that proverbial "Different set of eyes" perspective

Archived