REALISTICLY

While sitting in JHS yesterday, watching us get blown out I thought of something I was told last year. My uncle is an AU grad, retired dentist, and very wise. I asked him after the Ga. Tech loss last year how good we were and that is when he told me something that keeps me from getting too disappointed when games like yesterday happen. He told me we were very talented in 04, but more important than talent we had the most leadership he had seen in a long time. He also stated that these leaders emerged after CTT was almost fired. They played very hard all year in 04 for him. I totally agree. I'm not as good as the stat guy we have on this board but only 1 time this decade have we gone a season without not JUST losing but laying an egg. I do not want CTT to go anywhere. I am just coming to grips that with CTT we are going to beat bama most of the time, and that is great. But we all need to look at what has been established as a trademark for CTT's system. After almost 8 complete seasons it has been established, like it or not.

Good points about leadership but IMO, it's really simple. Auburn is not strong on either side of the line of scrimmage. Our OT's have struggled all season and Cope is a walkon center who has played above his abilities but is now playing on a bad leg. The DE's are good but DT play has been very lacking this season against quality opponents. Speed is great but if your DT's are being pushed around, having LB's that average about 210 pounds across the board isn't a great last line of defense.

There are obviously other concerns on this current squad but the OL and DL need to be addressed first.

great points about the linemen.......we are very young on the DL, but we have recruited very well. We have also recruited very well on the OL but that group has to gel in the future.

Good points about leadership but IMO, it's really simple. Auburn is not strong on either side of the line of scrimmage. Our OT's have struggled all season and Cope is a walkon center who has played above his abilities but is now playing on a bad leg. The DE's are good but DT play has been very lacking this season against quality opponents. Speed is great but if your DT's are being pushed around, having LB's that average about 210 pounds across the board isn't a great last line of defense.

There are obviously other concerns on this current squad but the OL and DL need to be addressed first.

OK, I was not aware that we were so far behind Vanderbilt and Kentucky on both lines of scrimmage, good thing we do not play them. Their personel got the job done against GA.

I said this after Arkanasas and I will say it again.Besides having just average recievers Brandon's arm strength is not very good.He can't throw the deep ball and he floats his passes.

Realistically, you are correct. That 2004 season wasn't a fluke but my goodness did we have some incredible players. Do you think they still sing Hard and Fighting Soldiers in the lockerroom after games this year? That team had more team chemistry than any team I've ever seen. And that's the main reason why they went undefeated. Tuberville has yet to prove he's a dominant coach. I think with the recruiting he's done over the past few years, next year and the year after next will prove how great of a winner he is. He teaches character better than any other coach in the SEC but when it comes to winning football games in a dominant fashion (along with not getting blown out), he fails to impress.

Townhall, we are on the same page. Chet Williams brought the team some unity as well that year. We had plenty of talent, but it was there the year before. I know Borges helped alot. And Chizik (spelled?) proved last night he is the same D- coordinator at Texas he was for us against Arky. 02, USC, GA, & LSU in 03. My sister is married to a former D-player under P. Dye, & Iwaked on in 94 when W. HAll was still there. I KNOW firsthand the players do not fear the coaches like we did, basically they play hard when THEY want to.

Townhall, we are on the same page. Chet Williams brought the team some unity as well that year. We had plenty of talent, but it was there the year before. I know Borges helped alot. And Chizik (spelled?) proved last night he is the same D- coordinator at Texas he was for us against Arky. 02, USC, GA, & LSU in 03. My sister is married to a former D-player under P. Dye, & Iwaked on in 94 when W. HAll was still there. I KNOW firsthand the players do not fear the coaches like we did, basically they play hard when THEY want to.

I walked- sorry

Archived