The Twice A Year Collapse Game

otterinbham

Somebody explain this to me. Every year, wth the exception of 2004, Auburn has one collapse game under Tuberville. You know. Where we come out looking totally flat and ill-prepared against a team we should beat or at least play very close. This year, it was Arkasas and Georgia. Last year it was Wisconsin. In 2003, it was USC and LSU.

What is the deal? We were just not prepared to play these games. I can take losing a game if we play somebody to the wire. But in all the games cited above, we just get blown out. Any theories?

Somebody explain this to me. Every year, wth the exception of 2004, Auburn has one collapse game under Tuberville. You know. Where we come out looking totally flat and ill-prepared against a team we should beat or at least play very close. This year, it was Arkasas and Georgia. Last year it was Wisconsin. In 2003, it was USC and LSU.

What is the deal? We were just not prepared to play these games. I can take losing a game if we play somebody to the wire. But in all the games cited above, we just get blown out. Any theories?

You are overrated, maybe? :big:

Think you have to take each game seperately. The major problem now is Brandon is not healthy. He was throwing off his back foot most of the game. You have to have a much stronger arm to make that work.

Arkansas...who knew? They may still collapse, lose to LSU. We were definitely not ready for those two runners, gotta pin that one on Muschamp.

Don't call any team overrated that beat yo ass

amen brother, amen

Well we kicked :lsu: ass and :arky: is going to do the same.

At this point I think Ark is better than anyone gave them credit for they drubbed UT last night. WE didn't come to play period. No excuses just poor ass play, we better get something going before next week or we will be eating our fear the thumb shirts.

73corndogs.jpg

TUBBY!!!!!! Even in 2004, We came out very flat against an average Ole Miss and a pathetic Alabama team. The difference is we had the athletes and the leadership to overcome Tubbs. As long as he is here expect Auburn to tank a couple of games every year. Will we have the athletes to overcome it?I don't know maybe.

73corndogs.jpg

Ok, that is good. :thumbsup:

Beat you didn't we? And we beat Florida who beat you as well. You tell me.

You only list Tubs. Why not include Mack Brown, Petrino, Fulmer, Myer, Lyles, Rodriquez, Carroll, etc.?

I was at the game with a friend this saturday, and he looked to me after the game and told me "another classic choke job, was kinda wondering when the 2nd one would show up."

And genuinelsutiger is right, we are overrated. We simply cannot stand success and will do everything we can do to blow it.

Just hope Bama will show some mercy next week on us next week.

I was at the game with a friend this saturday, and he looked to me after the game and told me "another classic choke job, was kinda wondering when the 2nd one would show up."

And genuinelsutiger is right, we are overrated. We simply cannot stand success and will do everything we can do to blow it.

mercy? you sound like a damn patsy turncoat. this team is still yours and mine to support, and if you're going to make comments about needing "mercy" from the team that gets a moral victory out of a two td loss, you might want to just keep your mouth shut. we looked terrible on saturday. does that mean we're going to lose? hell no. it's a football game, and we're going to play it and damn well expect not to need an ounce of "mercy" in tuscaloosa.

mercy? you sound like a damn patsy turncoat. this team is still yours and mine to support, and if you're going to make comments about needing "mercy" from the team that gets a moral victory out of a two td loss, you might want to just keep your mouth shut. we looked terrible on saturday. does that mean we're going to lose? hell no. it's a football game, and we're going to play it and damn well expect not to need an ounce of "mercy" in tuscaloosa.

yay for name calling.

yay for name calling.

yay for rolling over and giving up on your football team.

yay for name calling.

Who's rolling over and giving up?

yay for name calling.

Who's rolling over and giving up?

every post you've made all day has been about how miserable we are followed by :no: or :( to represent just how downtrodden you really feel. take a deep breath. we're going to be alright. the bit about needing "mercy" from alabama just really pissed me off. we don't need a thing from bama to win. we could go 0-11 and still whoop those trainer slapping, f-bomb dropping, gun toting, ice cream eating buffoons. act like you've maybe watched this team for more than 3 years.

amen brother, amen

I thought the same thing! until lsu can beat Auburn shut up! by the way wasnt lswho picked to win it all this year and it all came to an end in Jordan Hare so deal with it corndog

The offense is not built to come from behind, Tubs philosophy is pounding people with the run, when we fall behind, it becomes difficult to catch up. We have had O-line and D-line troubles all year. The kids are playing hard, I just think we have had a fall off in talent. We lost some good players from last years team, especially from the defensive front, and no one has really stepped up to replace those guys. Our wide receivers haven't played well, they have difficulty getting open and that has caused some sacks and bad throws. Combined by the fact that Brandon, Courtney and Kenny have been hurt all year. In fact, we've had quite a few injuries.

The offense just hasn't clicked and the defense has been inconsistent. Except for two games, the coaches and players did a great job managing through it. In the two losses, things went bad and just snowballed. This team's strengths just can't compensate for some of our weaknesses. That doesn't mean it is a bad team.

Things happen when you are dealing with 18-22 year old kids, thats why out of 119 D-I schools, there is usually only 1 or 2 that go undefeated. Plus, they are considered one of the elite SEC teams now, so now, they are gonna get everyone's best game. This is the SEC, comparing other schools losses in conference to ours is not a fair comparison. These teams are too good to have a bad day against, not the case in other conferences.

In reference to the seasons before 2004, I felt that those teams had overachieved to a degree, until they got into a game that was a bad match up. This has been a very good team all season, for the most part, they played above their heads and found ways to win. They still have a shot at a 10 win season. There's no shame in that.

WAR EAGLE!

This may sound crazy, but with both loses this year and I can remember the same in previous years, CTT said prior to the game, "We've installed some new stuff this week that should........"

I think we just need to simplify things on both sides of the ball. It is all about executing well. Even if the other side knows which play is coming, if you execute it to perfection, it won't matter. Remember the quote one of our players made after the Georgia game, "What is frustrating is that we knew what they were going to run, but we couldn't stop it."

We tend to panic and give up on the running game almost immediately. Did it against Wisconsin...did it against ARKY...and did it against UGA. Irons had 49 yards on 10 carries. Wonder what he would've done with 25 or 30 carries against a tired defense. UGA couldn't stop UK and Vandy...but Al played right into their hands, trying to get Brandon to throw "out" patterns on those gimpy legs. BRILLIANT! :puke:

JMHO....

:au::homer:

P.S. Lest I be called a turncoat "giver upper"...I think we'll run the ball and stomp Bamar!!!

Archived