Punt Bama Punt audio

ATLauburnfan

Hey guys,

me and my dad will be traveling to bamaham on Friday night and Tuscaloosa on saturday for the game.

I wanted to make a plylist to listen to in the car. I have already downloaded a good version of the fight song, glory to ole auburn, and eye of the tigers (by the marching band). And i am going to add the Auburn hiphop songs.....

i really want to add the punt bama punt audio, if anyone has it. Thanks!

I decided to google for it as well...and Guess what???

scroll down for answer...

I FOUND IT...

http://members.tripod.com/~TIGERPATH/index-7.html

Scroll down a little on the page and you'll see Auburn Calls...It's the first one in the list.. Hope this is what you wanted....

I feel like weeping whenever I hear that. I remember being 10 years at home listening to that on the radio. Mom and Dad came home from the game half-crocked and we proceeded to decorate the Xmas tree.

I didn't hear it live (I was but a toddler of 3 at the time), but I still get goose-pimply when I hear that...the guy in the background losing his mind cracks me up.

I was a freshman at Auburn. It was the first Auburn-Alabama game I had NOT gone to since I was about 5. I remember listening to it on the radio, with Gusty Yearout (?) losing his voice from all the excitement. I still listen to it before every SPUAT game, and watch it (I have the DVD), and cry.

i, too, just teared up when i listened to it.

i was 8 years old...listening to it on the radio.

when it was over, i ran out the front door of the house, yelling to the top of my lungs, and stubbed my big toe bigtime... no, i didn't have any shoes on...you got a problem w/ that?

part of the past i don't mind reliving.

the sign on Bobby Harvey's Tires the following morning read as follows:

Cow College 17

Alabama 16.

punt bama punt, indeed.

I can't find my 45 and I wore it out anyway. My recollection was that it covered Jett's 42 yard field goal and both block punts. Funny. I was wondering about how to get a digital version of this the other day.

I can't find my 45 and I wore it out anyway. My recollection was that it covered Jett's 42 yard field goal and both block punts. Funny. I was wondering about how to get a digital version of this the other day.

I had it as well. Mine was a square cardboard coveringand had a black and white picture of the scoreboard on it. I don't remember it having the field goal on it but maybe it did. Been a long time since I last saw it much less listened to it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

My sister gave me a CD last year of that call, along with some parody recording called "I Just Wanna Play For You, Bear" and another one, which were done by a guy in Roanoke back in the 70's. Quality Christmas presents.

Yeah, my grandmother had the square 45 and we used to listen to it every year when I was a kid before the Iron Bowl game, on her old RCA turntable that was as big as a fridge on its side. Of course we would be at my grandparents house because it always fell on Thanksgiving weekend.

Nothing will get you in the mood for the Iron Bowl like that scratchy old recording. I still have it in my attic somewhere, but no record player to play it on. Its almost worth keeping a record player just to listen to that old piece of flimsy plastic once a year.

A couple of weeks ago my mom got someone where she works to transfer their old 45's to CD. They had Eye of the Tiger, Punt Bama Punt, The Spirit of War Eagle, Shug, The Birmingham Bear Chase, Let's Hear it for the Eagle (?), and others. I remember as a very small child my brother and I would jump on the bed singing along with The Birmingham Bear Chase.

A couple of weeks ago my mom got someone where she works to transfer their old 45's to CD. They had Eye of the Tiger, Punt Bama Punt, The Spirit of War Eagle, Shug, The Birmingham Bear Chase, Let's Hear it for the Eagle (?), and others. I remember as a very small child my brother and I would jump on the bed singing along with The Birmingham Bear Chase.

I'm sure you would be willing to SHARE this CD with us??? :big: Also thought this thread could use a bump anyway, to help us get fired up listening to some great calls by the greatest radio play by play man ever......

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT SPUAT...

I FOUND IT...

Scroll down a little on the page and you'll see Auburn Calls...It's the first one in the list.. Hope this is what you wanted....

Some of the jokes are not bad....this is one example (and all too true)

"In an economy move, the lights from the numbers 20 and above have been removed from the scoreboard at Bryant-Denny."

War Eagle!

I FOUND IT...

Some of the jokes are not bad....this is one example (and all too true)

"In an economy move, the lights from the numbers 20 and above have been removed from the scoreboard at Bryant-Denny."

War Eagle!

that would be on the home side only, though, right??? :lol:

Archived