Bammers split on if......

TrojanTiger13

It's really not up to them.

Read some of the post they go on talking about "slapping the s*^%" out of us if we try and roll their beloved drunk man statue(Bear)...... thats not the target im going for :big: Im looking at the statue of two guys hoisting the bammer flag!

It's really not up to them.

Read some of the post they go on talking about "slapping the s*^%" out of us if we try and roll their beloved drunk man statue(Bear)...... thats not the target im going for :big: Im looking at the statue of two guys hoisting the bammer flag!

Well, I would agree that we have no business rolling their campus, statues or any of that crap. Celebrate in front of our fans if we win and walk back to your cars with a smile. You don't even have to heckle, much less break out the TP. The mere act of wearing orange and blue will be enough to drive them nuts.

I hate :ua: as much as anyone who has ever lived. But I myself would speak up if I saw an Auburn fan rolling or degrading any statues or images of their history. As I'm sure would many of you. There is no place for that.

Does anyone remember a while back when they beat us in JHS and they went to Toomers and started trying to roll it? The police had to break it up and it almost turned into a full out riot/brawl.

Perhaps they should be a bit more concerned about what we do ON THE FIELD. B):au:

I like their attitude. Sounds as if they are overly concerned. :lol:

If it's an AU tradition, and nobody is physically hurt by it... then let it go on! We have bigger problems than how the other team gets off the bus.

I was a student in '89. I was ready to fight to keep them from rolling Toomer's. Luckily I didnt have to fight. I dont think we should roll their campus. Just kick their butts on the field and head home.

Their dressing room is on the other end of the field. I presume they will come in from the other end rather than walk past a reminder of a tradition they'll never possess."

This is the one I like the most. Notice how they are once again talking about the past! Too bad they don't have anything to remind them of any recent success lol. I guess they wouldn't want to walk by anything in Auburn... Ya know reminding them of all our recent successes.

They trashed Haley Center after a win one year. I kid you not, the stairs and halls had RED crayon all over them after an Iron Bowl.

Please, PLease, Please, leave the childish crap off of their campus and hopefully they will leave it off of ours in the future.

Now, driving back to Auburn and rolling the whole dang town and Toomer's? That's what I'm talking about!

This is further proof that they really, really FEAR THE THUMB! :big:

I have been to two AU vs. UAT games in Tuscaloosa. There were two Tiger Walks and two AUBURN wins! I never saw any AU people wanting to roll anything at the Crapstone.

Rolling Toomers corner is an AUBURN tradition. In all the years I have been going to AUBURN football games, I have never seen AU people roll the other campuses, never. After the 1982 & 1983 wins in Birmingham, we did drive down to Auburn to help roll Toomers corner.

They trashed Haley Center after a win one year. I kid you not, the stairs and halls had RED crayon all over them after an Iron Bowl.

Please, PLease, Please, leave the childish crap off of their campus and hopefully they will leave it off of ours in the future.

Now, driving back to Auburn and rolling the whole dang town and Toomer's? That's what I'm talking about!

Unfortunatly that hasn't just happened to the Haley, and has happened at other games so it isn't just Alabama. Part of the reason for alot of the changes on tailgaiting. I know that some of the labs for the sciences have been broken into and vandalized and one year a ton of art projects were destroyed in Biggins. Which really sucks cause I know some of those students entire grade for a class come off of single projects.

Some other things I have heard, couple guys tried to poison the eagle one year and that some fool actually was caught with the equipment and planned to cut down the tree at Toomers.

You coming this Saturday, Mike?

Unfortunately no, I wish I could. I just can't this week end. But I will be watching on TV.

I may flip over to watch a little of the Ohio St vs. Michigan game, but I will not miss any of the AU vs. Bama game.

urghh.....i just joined those forums and they are giving me a beating

In one post i wrote "Now Thats class"

And they got on to me for my grammar! good lord, they have nothing better to do!

I have been there in 2000, 02 and 04. Never saw any problems getting Tiger Walk going. Nor have I seen any Auburn folks trying to roll anything there any of the 3 times.

There's not enough TP in the world to clean up the Crapstone. It's a wasted effort.

AMEN!! If that place isn't a ghetto, I don't know what one would be. I do not believe for

one minute that Auburn people would disgrace us by doing something classless at their

"stadium", I use that word loosely. I hope we beat the ---- out of them and all meet back up

at Toomer's for our celebration, far away from them. :cheer::au::cheer:

There's not enough TP in the world to clean up the Crapstone. It's a wasted effort.

AMEN!! If that place isn't a ghetto, I don't know what one would be. I do not believe for

one minute that Auburn people would disgrace us by doing something classless at their

"stadium", I use that word loosely. I hope we beat the ---- out of them and all meet back up

Is it really a ghetto? You must be thinking about another place other than where I go to school. Love Alabama or hate Alabama, that is a beautiful campus.

Is it really a ghetto? You must be thinking about another place other than where I go to school. Love Alabama or hate Alabama, that is a beautiful campus.

The campus is way too spread out. And if you cross the street from campus, in nearly any direction, you are in fact in the ghetto.

The campus is one thing, the town is another. I don't like the town, seems to seedy and commercial. I do think the main part of the campus is nice but like another person said, it is so spread out it is hard to determine where the main part is. Wish I could go Sat. but will stay in ATown and hopefully meet everyone at Toomers!!!

I have to agree, rolling anything on their campus is a complete lack of class. When I was leaving the stadium this past Saturday afternoon I saw 3 Georgia fans carrying rolls of TP and head towards Toomer's. I took everything I had not to forcefully take it from them and prevent it, but I didn't. The next morning I saw a small bit on the tree, complete lack of class, I would be ashamed to see any Auburn fan do such a disrespectful thing to anyone, no matter how fierce the rivalry.

The campus is way too spread out. And if you cross the street from campus, in nearly any direction, you are in fact in the ghetto.

You claim UA is "way too spread out." Yet, AU is actually bigger in area.

UA is composed of a singular campus of approximately 1,000 acres (4 km²).
Auburn University: 1,700+ acres (7 km²)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_University

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Of_Alabama

In the ghetto? Where? Downtown Tuscaloosa features numerous historical districts and parks, one being on the site of the former capitol of the state of Alabama. Not many downtown areas can say that and that's an automatic qualifier for not being "in the ghetto." The north side of the campus sits right on the banks of the Black Warrior River. It's hard to say that's the ghetto considering that some of the nicest neighborhoods in Alabama are right across the river from campus. I'm posting from one right now. That's not even touching on the North River Yacht Club... Man, that's a sight to see. All in all, it's impossible to say that UA is too spread out or near the ghetto with a straight face.

Archived