David Irons hit in head with bottle

TitanTiger

Man if I was Chis Capps I would be scared for my life. Over on the UAT boards they are ready to kill the poor kid.

Chris Capps is the kid that allowed JPW to get slaughtered against MSU. He got hurt early in the LSU game, and the 0-line played very well. He starts against AU and gets beat twice resulting in two fumbles, not to mention JPW almost getting seriously hurt on the first sack. He shouldn't be starting, but that's not his fault. He doesn't get paid to make that choice. ANY Bama fan that personally attacks him is an idiot and they are purposely avoiding placing the blame where it should be placed.

As for the topic of the thread, I hope they saw, or someone tells who threw the bottle. Regardless of what Irons was doing, it's a cowardly act to throw something from the stands. Maybe they'll find out who did it.

Chris Capps ... He shouldn't be starting, but that's not his fault. He doesn't get paid as much to make that choice.

I fixed that for you! :P

This might be what Raven was referring too...but if you watch after the Rod Smith TD catch, there were things thrown at him from the stands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap;_ylt=A...073&prov=ap

Yahoo sports says a plastic water bottle:

This one wasn't over until David Irons' interception on Alabama's final drive.

"My last name is Irons, and this is the Iron Bowl," said Irons, who was struck in the face by a plastic water bottle thrown from the stands after the game. "I'll have that forever."

Not as dangerous as a glass bottle, but just as low class.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap;_ylt=A...073&prov=ap

Yahoo sports says a plastic water bottle:

This one wasn't over until David Irons' interception on Alabama's final drive.

"My last name is Irons, and this is the Iron Bowl," said Irons, who was struck in the face by a plastic water bottle thrown from the stands after the game. "I'll have that forever."

Not as dangerous as a glass bottle, but just as low class.

2006 Iron Bowl ticket $60

Bottle of water $4

David Irons Int. to seal the victory priceless

The bammer fan that hit him classless

I kept hearing that stupid elephant call as well, sometimes very close to the time we hiked the ball, anyone else here it?

No matter, we still won. And I also saw things being thrown on the field after our scores, and heard the UA boo birds too.

Anyone see the WTVM News? When the sportscaster was talking about the game in T-Town, someone walked behind him with a big Finger mask on his head. It was hilarious!!! :cheer:

Tuscaloosa News reports it hit David in the eye and he had trouble seeing for a while...not funny at all! :angry:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...mplate=dateline

Auburn defensive back David Irons was able to enjoy the victory despite a frightening finish.

As he ran toward the tunnel leading to the Tigers' locker room, Irons was struck in the right eye by a full plastic water bottle thrown by a fan. He was hit a moment after an Auburn student manager shouted to players, warning them to put on their helmets as they exited beneath a section full of Alabama rooters.

Irons had trouble seeing for a few minutes, was checked out by a doctor and was fine about a half-hour after the game.

"I'm OK," he said, showing no ill effects.

In fact, the senior from Dacula, Ga., held no grudges.

"The person who threw it, they were probably just mad," Irons said. "I love everybody in Alabama. I love Crimson Tide fans."

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said the incident "takes a little bit off a good win."

"I know that's not the true Alabama fan," he said. "It doesn't just happen here. It could happen at our place."

Irons sealed the victory with an interception with 1:17 left. The win meant he and his brother, running back Kenny Irons, left Auburn unbeaten in its two matchups with Alabama.

"My last name is Irons, and this is the Iron Bowl," David Irons said. "I'll have that forever."

David seems to have a lot more class than the person who threw it!

According to channel 19 in Huntsville. Can anyone confirm? If that's true, bammers have sunk to a new low.

I'm sure it's true. I saw students in the Greek section throwing their cups after the game.

"Win with class, lose with class, but never show your ass." Seems some folks just can't grasp that concept. I hate this had to happen to Irons. And I'd love to have a little chat with the classless prick that threw it at him.

The visiting locker room is in a bad location there since bamas locker room is now part of the stadium addition and the visitors have to go under the student section. I saw some cups raining down as Auburn was leaving at halftime..it could have happened then. I did enjoy the Auburn entrance during their lame NC/Bear video

If you look at the video footage of the first AU TD, you can see projectiles raining from the stands...very classy.

P Rod's TD also resulted in a shower of cups from the stands. That type of act should result in an automatic 15-yard penalty against the home team. Start hitting the team with penalties, and I believe the rednecks will stop this crap.

When the sportscaster was talking about the game in T-Town, someone walked behind him with a big Finger mask on his head. It was hilarious!!!

Maybe its the early Sunday morning cob webs in my brain, but I don't know what a big Finger mask is. Care to elaborate?

If you look at the video footage of the first AU TD, you can see projectiles raining from the stands...very classy.

P Rod's TD also resulted in a shower of cups from the stands. That type of act should result in an automatic 15-yard penalty against the home team. Start hitting the team with penalties, and I believe the rednecks will stop this crap.

I thought I saw some objects fliying but didn't think anything of it..

"P Rod's TD also resulted in a shower of cups from the stands".

Somebody should have told him the home fans in TuscaLoser are 2nd only to the Corndogs in classlessness and that doing the "shhhh, be quiet" finger to your mouth after your TD is...not going to keep garbage off the field.

Archived