Did CTT deny he was coming to AU?

BamaGrad03

Did he?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

I think its pretty pathetic on our part not to acknowledge it. Lets not be delusional now.... we already have another team doing that for us B)

Answers what question?

Your statement proves nothing.

BG3, you are now acting like a whiny little brat. Chill out. This poll serves no purpose and is just making you look foolish.

To the woodshed it goes and if you don't like it...get over it.

BG3, you are now acting like a whiny little brat. Chill out. This poll serves no purpose and is just making you look foolish.

To the woodshed it goes and if you don't like it...get over it.

Just trying to prove a point.

it was reported that he said the only way he was leaving Oxford was in a pine box. I personally dont know that he said that but i would guess he did. I think its a little different when you flat out say "Im not going to Alabama" rather than "Im not leaving here." Ive heard plenty of coaches say they arent leaving so and so an then up and leave. Im not sure that Ive ever heard someone say they werent going to a specific school then change. Rich Rodriquez never said he wasnt going to Alabama. he basically just said he was happy at west virginia and didnt want to leave. As long as Saban doesnt get fired I dont think hes leaving.

10 views and no one has voted. Pretty much answers my question.

lol

if someone creates a poll, and no one partakes in it, can you still hear it in the woods?

just think, BS... 6 billion people didn't take your poll...it's a landslide.

10 views and no one has voted. Pretty much answers my question.

lol

if someone creates a poll, and no one partakes in it, can you still hear it in the woods?

just think, BS... 6 billion people didn't take your poll...it's a landslide.

My point has been proven.

Here's a "point" for ya'....uat can't find ANYONE to take that pathetic leap.

How's that for a poll reply?!

p.s. Your PAIN over AUBURN'S 11-2 Season and Cotton Bowl Victory is showing.

What is your point? That our coach at one time said he wasn't going to Auburn and then did?

OOOOOOOOOOOOO! Big freaking deal! Coaches lie, water's wet, fire is hot...

When he did it, Turds like you trashed him and still do to this day. Heard one of your bretheren Friday, as a matter of fact, on Dunnaway and Brown.

If you can't take the ribbing on an Auburn board about the third choice for the HC job at the Crapstone telling the media he's not going to Alabama, stop coming around or ignore the threads. Jiminey Cricket!

If Saban does commit career suicide by taking the job over in west Vance, I think we can all agree that the bammer myth that "any good coach anywhere would immediately jump at the chance to come to Alabama" is dead.

Well honestly, we all knew it was dead anyway. Hell, everyone outside turdtown has known it for years now. It will be interesting to see how long it takes reality to set in with the mullets. Maybe the next poll question can be; "How pathetic are you when you have to mortgage your school to hire a coach?"

I only posted this because of people calling me out...since i didnt agree with the premise that CTT NEVER EVER EVER denied he was leaving ole miss...and Saban would be a liar but CTT isnt.

I proposed that neither was a liar and was slammed for it.

BG, you are better than this. Once I posted a pissy statement, and you called me on it. I have since cooled the smartass statements. Well, I'm calling you on this.

Yea, CTT made the "Pine box" comment about leaving Ole Miss because he was a very hot commodity at that time given what he accomplished with the Rebels. And honestly, I don't even know if it was in reference to the Auburn job or not. I for one, was happy but very surprised when he showed up on campus because I hadn't heard anything about him as a candidate.

I heard one of the anchors yesterday on ESPN Radio play some of the sound bites from Saban at his press conference when he refused to comment about the alleged Bama offer. His point was right on in saying, "With all due respect, you're saying that you will only comment about the Dolphins and that team's future and you don't think it's fair to ask whether you'll even be the coach? Excuse me, but that comes with the territory when you take an NFL head coaching position making millions of dollars."

Some of you need to keep your pants on. BG's only main point here was that certain members were flat out denying that Tuberville even mislead the slightest person when coming to Auburn. Now we have people dissecting the pinebox statement and switching it to the best tone possible.

Its as simple as BG stated. Tuberville did tell the media that he was not leaving Oxford by using the pinebox comment. If you can't see that, then you really need to take the glasses off :poke:

Some of you need to keep your pants on. BG's only main point here was that certain members were flat out denying that Tuberville even mislead the slightest person when coming to Auburn. Now we have people dissecting the pinebox statement and switching it to the best tone possible.

Its as simple as BG stated. Tuberville did tell the media that he was not leaving Oxford by using the pinebox comment. If you can't see that, then you really need to take the glasses off :poke:

You telling others to keep their pants on. How funny.

Apparently you can't see the point we are trying to make on how silly it is to be making a poll about what CTT said a few years ago. CTT never flat out said he was not coming to AU like Saban said he was not coming to UAT. So, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!! All the stuff CTT said was just things said that is always said when a coach is being considered for various jobs, as CTT was. He was not being considered for just one job like Saban is. Saban made the mistake of saying "I am not going to coach at Alabama", well now that does make him look silly if he comes to UAT doesn't it. The funny thing is the fact that CTT was making a step up in his career, while Saban is pondering a step down.

Of course BG is right. But the poll and acting like it proved any point was pretty dumb. Who denied CTT's comment anyways?

CTT never flat out said he was not coming to AU like $aban said he was not coming to UAT. So, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

I am NOT calling CTT a liar or bad person

But...how can someone with a straight face that he didn't deny going to AU with his pine box quote? I think its pretty straightforward.

I know what you mean by $aban being much more direct but in the end...they are both denials of going to a the other school

Tommy Tuberville told the Ole Miss media that he was so in love with Oxford that “they will have to carry me out of here in a pine box to get me to leave.”

I am NOT calling CTT a liar or bad person

But...how can someone with a straight face that he didn't deny going to AU with his pine box quote? I think its pretty straightforward.

I know what you mean by $aban being much more direct but in the end...they are both denials of going to a the other school

Tommy Tuberville told the Ole Miss media that he was so in love with Oxford that “they will have to carry me out of here in a pine box to get me to leave.”

Agreed. Both deceived, $aban was just more specific. Anyone who says otherwise is drinking the koolaid.

I think you have been spending too much time sucking up to your buddies on Crimson Tusks and is the one who needs to worry about keeping his pants on. I'm tired of your cute little innuendos and have refrained from responding. But enough is enough. You got a problem, be a man and call a spade a spade or otherwise kissass.gif

You know, i don't agree with all the lying, even if CTT did it, I say it was wrong. But, whats worse than that is the way Bama is laying down in front of $aban. If 40,000,000 (and I use the zero's for emphasis) doesn't say please please PLEASEEEEEE come coach for us, i don't know what does.

When a coach says he won't come to my school, I don't want him, there are plenty of coaches that can do as well and better than he will/can/would and they won't cost that much. Alabama has gone from beating coaches off with a stick when something opens up, to I'd prefer to stay in the Big East, and possible tomorrow morning to "You couldn't pay me 40,000,000 dollars to coach at your school." How does that make you feel?

Ok let's agree with Tubs pine box comment and see how it compares with $aban's lies. As I recall, Tubs made his comment to a couple of reporters and did not say anything about Auburn or going to Auburn in that comment. He said he would leave Oxford in a pine box. As Auburn came strongly into the picture, Tubs said he had not talked to anyone at Auburn. That was true since he was only talking to his agent, in other words the usual coach speak stuff, but not lies.

Now look at $aban. Over several weeks, he has repeatedly denied he was even interested in bama and did so to the nationa media and TV. He lied to Wayne Huizenega, his boss who treated him well. $aban claimed he was loyall to the Dolphins and would honor his commitment to them. Lies!!! Finally, in his Monday press conference he again denied he had spoken to anyone concerning the bama job. Lie.

He went on to say he didn't know anything about any meeting with bama officials, yet in a short time was meeting with Mal Moore. Huge lie.

My point is Tubs lied in an almost joking fashion to a few reporters. But he lied....that one time. $aban has lied continuously for weeks to everyone, even those who cared about him and entrusted their business to him. $aban is a habitual liar. bammers bringing up the pine box story is just a feeble attempt at trying to divert the truth about things , a common tactic of some here.

Bottomline, there is no comparison between Tubs and $aban when it comes to integrity and character. Anyone who says different is just spinning and rationalizing what they have to believe.

I think you have been spending too much time sucking up to your buddies on Crimson Tusks and is the one who needs to worry about keeping his pants on. I'm tired of your cute little innuendos and have refrained from responding. But enough is enough. You got a problem, be a man and call a spade a spade or otherwise kissass.gif

I dont see things on a one way street. It's as simple as that. You can be as blunt as you want with anyone who disagrees with you. Quite frankly, you'll get more entertainment out of someone else. This whole crap load of a topic was simply just over-run and over talked. If you had any common honesty about you then you would admit the simple point BG stated. Tuberville did infact mislead the media.

Auburn University has been my home for 4 years now. Dont be so blind on a message board. Thoughts and words get lost in translation. I despise Alabama just as the next person... but I tend to let the others do the bashing as there is enough to go around on here. Yes, your proven right. I do try to keep off the bashing because I do post at other places. That just helps me avoid the drama. My own selfish reasons.

Archived