Can we get a Board Rep to go?

SKCAUB

Can we get a WEN rep to go to this meeting and voice some of the concerns we've expressed about the stadium renovations, tailgating, etc.? Someone who's in the area and is eloquent, and can express what we've been talking about to improve the entire game day experience at AU? It's a good time for us to come up with those thoughts again too!

:au::homer:

"Tiger football fans who have suggestions on ways to improve the program are invited to a forum from 5:30-7 p.m. on Tuesday at the Letterman’s Lounge at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Free parking will be available in the new parking deck next to the student section entrance at the stadium.

Tim Jackson, executive associate athletic director, says, “We are always looking for ways to improve the game day experence for our fans. We held a similar forum before a basketball game last year and turnout was excellent. Our fans have been great at helping us fine-tune our strategy for Saturdays in the fall.” The Tigers will play a basketball game that day at 8 p.m. vs. Alabama.

The university’s Game Day Committee will be at the meeting Tuesday evening. "

I've gotten letters about these meetings the last 3 offseasons and being 6 hours away, I send them a letter in return with my suggestions. If I lived close enough, believe me, I'd go.

We spent 5 years tailgating between Cater Hall and Haley Center and after 2000, the campus just exploded with people and did get out of hand. The changes they made have forced us to move 3 times in 3 years, which sucks. I can understand the needs that the university has, but when they started the restrictions, the person in-charge was incompetent, and dealt with the situation in a completely autocratic manner.

The university needs to come up with some way to maintain tailgating on the inner campus. If they keep pushing us away from the stadium, more and more will stop coming. Someone (can't remember who wrote it) estimated that this past fall, the number of tailgaters at the wsu, lsu and fla games was down almost 20%. If what they want is less people around, they're doing a good job of it.

I know we go for the Football, but a lot of people that tailgate with us only come once or twice a year and it's really the only time we see each other. From talking with some old timers around us, that's pretty common to others as well. I'd really like to see improvements made, not just different restrictions.

The best solution that I've seen anywhere is at Ole Miss. Drop off you stuff by x hour and go park somewhere else, and tailgate in great locations. I thought they had to pay for that priveldge, but I found out last fall, that it's open to anyone. I hate those mf'ers, but that would be a great option to have at Auburn.

I've gotten letters about these meetings the last 3 offseasons and being 6 hours away, I send them a letter in return with my suggestions. If I lived close enough, believe me, I'd go.

We spent 5 years tailgating between Cater Hall and Haley Center and after 2000, the campus just exploded with people and did get out of hand. The changes they made have forced us to move 3 times in 3 years, which sucks. I can understand the needs that the university has, but when they started the restrictions, the person in-charge was incompetent, and dealt with the situation in a completely autocratic manner.

The university needs to come up with some way to maintain tailgating on the inner campus. If they keep pushing us away from the stadium, more and more will stop coming. Someone (can't remember who wrote it) estimated that this past fall, the number of tailgaters at the wsu, lsu and fla games was down almost 20%. If what they want is less people around, they're doing a good job of it.

I know we go for the Football, but a lot of people that tailgate with us only come once or twice a year and it's really the only time we see each other. From talking with some old timers around us, that's pretty common to others as well. I'd really like to see improvements made, not just different restrictions.

The best solution that I've seen anywhere is at Ole Miss. Drop off you stuff by x hour and go park somewhere else, and tailgate in great locations. I thought they had to pay for that priveldge, but I found out last fall, that it's open to anyone. I hate those mf'ers, but that would be a great option to have at Auburn.

Nothing was cooler than Freshman year coming out of the Haley Center on a Thursday or Friday and having the concourse packed out with RV's. I remember one time when I got out of class early and I had a half hour to kill, I hung out with these folks that were outside tailgating at like 11am drinking and they gave me a beer to enjoy between my English Comp and Pre-Calculus class.

Unfortunately, we were the last class to experience that, because starting our sophomore year they started pushing the tailgaters away from campus.

I believe we do have some common complaints....

and nail the feces to the door?

Not only is that gross but is that even possible???

Try eating two pounds of broccoli and another pound and a half of raw corn. It'll be substantial enough to nail.

and nail the feces to the door?

Not only is that gross but is that even possible???

Try eating two pounds of broccoli and another pound and a half of raw corn. It'll be substantial enough to nail.

LOL, wow. I think I just pissed myself.

I've been saying it for the last couple of years and some of y'all seem to share in my disgust.

The Auburn officials do not care about the fans - they are ruining everything and only care about the money. They'd rather have less people and save the precious grass. The grass is there for a reason - not just for looks. Geez - Auburn gets millions of dollars from the public for the games, let them enjoy it however they want - RVs, whatever. If it means needing to get new grass later - use the money for it. It's not just the money of paying for new grass and stuff like that, the administration in general just gets too worried about saving a buck than saving a fan

After further review, it was "theses" not "feces"! :moon:

On 31 October, 1517, the vigil of All Saints', Luther affixed to the castle church door, which served as the "black-board" of the university, on which all notices of disputations and high academic functions were displayed, his Ninety-five Theses.

Can we get a WEN rep to go to this meeting and voice some of the concerns we've expressed about the stadium renovations, tailgating, etc.? Someone who's in the area and is eloquent, and can express what we've been talking about to improve the entire game day experience at AU? It's a good time for us to come up with those thoughts again too!

Well, is there a "master list" of gameday concerns? Should we start one?

Hmm, it appears that two posts have been removed from this thread. Did you run that by the FISA Court for approval?

I didn't realize you thought I was joking!

Well, my suggestion is to make the "Gameday Experience" available to as many people as possible. Yes,

1. remove the fee to listen to the internet broadcasts.

We need to become a nationwide recruter, and prospects in other parts of the country, and sadly, even in the South cannot listen to the games w/o paying. We may be playing some small school from Indiana, and the local folks will listen to the game and become curious about AU.

How much money will we lose by not charging?

How much more exposure would the school and team get for their money? Can't the advertising sales support the broadcasts?

1. Open more inner campus areas for tailgate areas

Better, LE? I'd hate to try to follow up your feces joke.

When you say "tailgate" do you mean rv-ing or unpacking some stuff from the car?

I think that theres plenty of places on campus with a nice grassy area to tailgate and no one around. Its just hard to park anywhere close to those spots and now with the concourses-its hard to even drive close to some places.

I kinda hate that they moved all the rvs off to the two on campus lots or the lem morrison/donahue spot..it was nice when we could find a nice grassy area somewhere and set it up. And Although I think you arent supposed to do that, at some of the big games with a lot of campers people do it anyway and I dont really see much of a way to really move all those people, so that can kinda be unfair. I guess I kinda like it when everyone isnt just crammed into a big lot, but is speckled across campus.

Well, is there a "master list" of gameday concerns? Should we start one?

That's kind of where I was going with this...yes. :)

Archived