Favorite Christmas songs

SLAG-91

Religious and/or secular...

As far as religious/church, "Angels We Have Heard On High"

secular, probably "Walking In A Winter Wonderland"

you?

Silent Night and Little Drummer Boy

Oh Holy Night....."Fall on your knees, oh hear the Angels' voices, Oh night divine, oh night when Christ was born......"

"Carol of the Bells" secular but when preformed right just leaves me feeling awed by whoever wrote it.

Away in a Manger, especially when all verses are sung!

Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay

Close by me forever and love me I pray

Bless all the dear children in thy tender care

And take us to heaven to live with thee there.

...and would you believe as I began typing this post, it came on the radio! :huh:

Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

Lyrics

CCTAU,

That is truly a christmas classic.... BUT, my favorite: I CAME UPON A ROADKILL DEER (to the tune of: it came upon a midnight clear)

I have it if you haven't heard it...ITs hillarious...

Lyrics

For comedy Christmas songs, that's a classic. My favorite comedy Christmas song though is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." My favorite traditional Christmas song is hard to say because there are so many that I like. I've been listening to 96.9 in North Alabama the past couple of weeks. They're playing ALL Christmas music lately. BTW, I really like "Another Auld Lang Syne."

Lyrics

For comedy Christmas songs, that's a classic. My favorite comedy Christmas song though is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." My favorite traditional Christmas song is hard to say because there are so many that I like. I've been listening to 96.9 in North Alabama the past couple of weeks. They're playing ALL Christmas music lately. BTW, I really like "Another Auld Lang Syne."

Me too....Bob Seger's version!

Nah, I'm just fond of old-fogey music!  :P

You're an old fogey that just doesn't want to admit it. JD Vols rule!!!

How old does one have to be to be considered an "old fogey" anyway?

Vols rule? Ahem.

Go Generals!

Nah, I'm just fond of old-fogey music!  :P

You're an old fogey that just doesn't want to admit it. JD Vols rule!!!

How old does one have to be to be considered an "old fogey" anyway?

Vols rule? Ahem.

Go Generals!

PHS rules, you Montgomery scum!!!!

Excuse me, Old fogey Montgmery scum! :roflol::roflol:

I'm suprised that no one has chosen Dogs Barking Jingle Bells!!

O Holy Night for sure. Amy Grant has a medley on her Christmas album called "Emmanuel" that is WONDERFUL!!!!!! For those of you who may not be familiar, it lists all the names that the angel said Jesus would be called: Wonderful Counselor, Lord of Life, Lord of All, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Holy One, Emmanuel. Then the medley turns into a great version of O Little Town. I LOVE that whole CD - it is not all religious, but just wonderful Christmas music of all kinds.

The other #1 choice would be Handel's Messiah. Goosebump City. One of my life goals is to be a part of a large church choir that performs the Hallalujah chorus at Easter...

Secular... well, that is hard. I spent a couple of years working retail in a mall at Christmas, and mall management would not allow any religious based Christmas carols on the Muzak, and I think they only had the one tap on continual loop. So I got TOTALLY burned out on secular songs. I have a particular loathing for

"Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives. :biggun: "Rudolph" is a close second.

I guess "I'll Be Home For Christmas" by The Carpenters would be my favorite.

AHEM! Generals rule volunteers anyday! PHS is just a Bammer feeder school that got all of the Montgomery students that couldn't go to Trinity, ACA, MA, or St. James. You see, Montgomery schools have gotten run down so the exodus to Autauga and El-Moron Counties. So, therefore PHS should thank MGM County BOE for letting the schools go to CRAP!

Again, when JD and PHS have as many State titles and overall wins as Robert E. Lee HS, then you haters come talk to me and I will give you your due! (By the way, most of my friends went to JD and one of my best friends, now, went to PHS!)

HATERS (JD/PHS) :comfort: R.E. Lee HS

;););)

Archived