Noel Devine

Fmnstr

Hate to sound like a homer here, but none of these guys would have even looked at or visited Bama for Shula. 75% of the visits made in the last two weeks were from kids who didn't even have Bama on their radar.

After having only three weeks for a new staff to formulate a recruiting plan and actually meet some of these kids, I don't think they have done poorly at all. This class will finish decent for Bama. Probably in the top 15 or 20 because of numbers; however, this is one of the strongest D-line classes in America, and that was a need.

Alabama will do fine. I didn't know until today how far Devine is from qualifying. I knew he was called a probable sign and place where ever he went, but a 13 on the ACT is just sad. His coach had said earlier that his qualifying was possible, but I don't see how. He is going to add to some schools overall class rating, but he is going to be as effective as Mike Ford for a while.

There's some conflicting reports on this story. Don't count Noel out yet.

And yeah...to say we "lost another one" is a bit misleading no? I mean we've had 3 whole weeks to recruit the kid.

How many 5 star kids is AU raking in? If you don't go after them is that any different than us falling short?

Actually we had 3 but for one rason or another they dropped towards the end of the year to 4 stars....

On some of the premium boards, Devine s almost a recruiting joke. Hs doesnt look good to qualify, but that hasnt stopped some of the services declaring him the next new Jesus either. If they cant get admitted, there is a long time to get them in and you can lose them along the way, even to another team.

On some of the premium boards, Devine s almost a recruiting joke. Hs doesnt look good to qualify, but that hasnt stopped some of the services declaring him the next new Jesus either. If they cant get admitted, there is a long time to get them in and you can lose them along the way, even to another team.

Nice spin there bub.

Hate to sound like a homer here, but none of these guys would have even looked at or visited Bama for Shula. 75% of the visits made in the last two weeks were from kids who didn't even have Bama on their radar.

After having only three weeks for a new staff to formulate a recruiting plan and actually meet some of these kids, I don't think they have done poorly at all. This class will finish decent for Bama. Probably in the top 15 or 20 because of numbers; however, this is one of the strongest D-line classes in America, and that was a need.

Alabama will do fine. I didn't know until today how far Devine is from qualifying. I knew he was called a probable sign and place where ever he went, but a 13 on the ACT is just sad. His coach had said earlier that his qualifying was possible, but I don't see how. He is going to add to some schools overall class rating, but he is going to be as effective as Mike Ford for a while.

We've now moved from moral victories on the field to moral recruiting victories. :poke:;)

And yeah...to say we "lost another one" is a bit misleading no? I mean we've had 3 whole weeks to recruit the kid.

How many 5 star kids is AU raking in? If you don't go after them is that any different than us falling short?

Well, I'm not sure but according to the latest rankings, we don't that many 5 stars. But we do have at least 2 or 3 of the top 100 according to Scout and ESPN. And, a top 10 recruiting class at the moment.

How is your team doing?

Considering that there are only 29 5 star kids in the entire country (based on rivals.com) I would have to say that not recruiting any of them is probably the norm for most schools. Of course we do have the highest rated 4 star kid and 3 of the top 100.

Well, I'm not sure but according to the latest rankings, we don't that many 5 stars. But we do have at least 2 or 3 of the top 100 according to Scout and ESPN. And, a top 10 recruiting class at the moment.

How is your team doing?

We are 16th in the rivals ranking and have two top 100s. And if we get Corley and Gibson we will have 4.

How is your team doing?

We are 16th in the rivals ranking and have two top 100s. And if we get Corley and Gibson we will have 4.

What about scout? What's the ranking there? :poke:

How is your team doing?

What...the same scout that has PITTs class ranked ahead of AU?

How is your team doing?

We are 16th in the rivals ranking our own minds and have two top 100s. And if we get Corley and Gibson we will have 4.

I fixed it for you. And BTW? If frogs had wings....

Uh we are ranked 16th on the rivals rankings.

And...you don't think we are going to get Corley and Gibson?

Uh we are ranked 16th on the rivals rankings.

And...you don't think we are going to get Corley and Gibson?

You've counted lots and lots of chickens, but all I see so far is one big cajun turkey and a bunch of eggs (on your face).

How is your team doing?

What...the same scout that has PITTs class ranked ahead of AU?

Numbers, baby, numbers!

You've counted lots and lots of chickens, but all I see so far is one big cajun turkey and a bunch of eggs (on your face).

Man that was kind of a letdown. You could at least worked in the ole "egg on your face" thing in a more clever fashion. I mean, having to use "()"...really? You're slippin Galen. Slippin.

Man that was kind of a letdown. You could at least worked in the ole "egg on your face" thing in a more clever fashion. I mean, having to use "()"...really? You're slippin Galen. Slippin.

I'm the king of parentheseses (how do you spell that word?). It's part of my style.

How is your team doing?

What about ESPN? Do you know what UAT is ranked there? I don't have the insider, so just curious.

Archived