Journet On The Way

LegalEagle

AU may have another sign and place. LA 5A Defensive MVP

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...S/70201040/1006

Acadiana's Journet visiting Auburn

All-State MVP will be attending junior college

Kevin Foote

kfoote@theadvertiser.com

Class 5A's reigning Defensive Most Valuable Player Wilfred Journet, who led Acadiana High to the state football championship in December, will be visiting the Auburn Tigers this weekend, according to AHS coach Ted Davidson.

Journet is academically ineligible to compete as a freshman, but he may be signing with Auburn next Wednesday anyway.

Auburn would like to place Journet at Copiah-Lincoln Junior College in Mississippi in hopes that Journet would re-sign with Auburn in two years. Journet has also visited Jones JC and Pearl River JC in Mississippi.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&am...amp;nid=2969574

When Auburn has to put someone in a junior college to bring up their grades, invariably it is one not in Alabama. Why is that? Do we have a "list" of jr. colleges that specifically are not hard, so it is easier to bring up your grades?

When Auburn has to put someone in a junior college to bring up their grades, invariably it is one not in Alabama. Why is that? Do we have a "list" of jr. colleges that specifically are not hard, so it is easier to bring up your grades?

is there a list of jr. colleges that are hard?

is there a list of jr. colleges that are hard?

Good point. My only excuse is, that it is morning and I am not a morning person, at all. I guess I should have said easier, instead of not hard.

i don't know, it seems as though each school has a list of four or five "feeder" juco's that they keep going back to.

Does Alabama have any junior colleges with football programs? I can't think of one. I would imagine it goes to some of the relationships that our coaches have with jr college coaches.

Im pretty positive we dont have any juco's that have football programs. For sure none in south or mid-Alabama. Mississippi and Louisianna have several and the midwest has sevral that compete. It also has alot to do with those programs coaches. CTT wants to put these kids he is investing alot in with people he trusts and people he knows won't sway them other ways also. Hence our guys always come from Pearl Miss JUCO, Butler JUCO, etc.

Im pretty positive we dont have any juco's that have football programs. For sure none in south or mid-Alabama. Mississippi and Louisianna have several and the midwest has sevral that compete. It also has alot to do with those programs coaches. CTT wants to put these kids he is investing alot in with people he trusts and people he knows won't sway them other ways also. Hence our guys always come from Pearl Miss JUCO, Butler JUCO, etc.

None of the CCs in the state have football programs. They are prohibitied from having them by state law. Goes back to when they were created by George Corley Wallace -- one of the greatest politicians in American history -- and the fact that he was a UA grad and Bryant didn't want the competition.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Bryant was completely ruled by fear and paranoia.

Journet is a defensive stud BTW, talking to LSU fans I've been told that he'd easily be a 4-star if he wasn't in such bad shape academically. This kid won Defensive MVP in the biggest classification in Louisiana and was pretty much a one-man force leading his team to a State Championship. His senior stats include 126 tackles (48 tackles for loss), 19 sacks, 2 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, and 6 blocked kicks (3 of which he returned for touchdowns). I've heard that he's in real bad shape academically but there really is no risk in placing him in JUCO.

The JC's in Miss & else do play football and the CC's in Alabama do not.

The JC's in Miss & else do play football and the CC's in Alabama do not.

Yep, Mississippi and Kansas are the two top states for CC football.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Bryant was completely ruled by fear and paranoia.

Hmmmm... Good Point, I never really thought about that, Until now. That's why he Religiously

pulled against playing Auburn at Auburn.....Knowing that they couldn't have won their 1,205 National

Titles by getting Beat by Auburn at their "Cow College".

Scout says that he has pledged. If he signs with AU after JUCO he ought to be a good ond.

http://auburn.scout.com/

Committed. Pledged is for a fraternity or sorority.

And Rivals indicates that he has given his "pledge" to Auburn. I rest my case. :moon:

http://auburn.rivals.com/

Okay, tell me how this works.

I think each team is limited to 85 scholarships at any one time.

They are limited to giving a max of 25 scholarships in any year.

They sign more than 25, but cannot give more than 25 a scholarship.

Am I right so far?

When you sign someone who won't get a scholly, is that just for good will - hoping he'll get elligible and come back?

What's with the signing? If we offer a scholarship and he accepts the offer, aren't we bound to give him one?

Do the offers have contingencies in them, i. e. you must be academically elligible, etc.?

Some of you who played ball - what do the offers look like? How many pages? Fine print?

When you sign someone who won't get a scholly, is that just for good will - hoping he'll get elligible and come back?

What's with the signing? If we offer a scholarship and he accepts the offer, aren't we bound to give him one?

Do the offers have contingencies in them, i. e. you must be academically elligible, etc.?

Journet wont actually be signing anything. He's being listed as a commitment but he wont sign anything because obviously he cant qualify so signing anything would have no merit. Since he's not signing anything he's essentially coming to a mutual agreement with the coaching staff that says: we (Auburn) are showing interest in you and are going to arrange your enrollment into a JUCO which we select, we will track your progress and two years from now will re-evaluate you again. If you have improved your grades and have shown the growth on the football field we've expected (and you've been a good boy) then we'll offer you a scholarship at that time. It is then the players responsibility to take care of themselves and eventually value their pledge to remain loyal to the team that bothered to place him at JUCO (in this case us). Its a relatively risk free process because we really aren't putting forth anything at all. If the kid gets his act together and becomes eligible while showing what we expected on the football field then we get a great or stud player for the price of pretty much nothing. If he fails to meet expectations then we have no obligation to resign him and we lose nothing.

In the case of Journet he obviously has the ability on the football field, but due to his grades (which appearently were REAL bad) he wasn't being recruited by anyone. We pretty much get his pledge without having to go through any type of recruiting battle. If he does what he needs to do and he re-signs with us in two years then we'll be getting a stud that we probably spent just a few days recruiting, which is a steal.

Archived