There is new sheriff in town!!

Legionfield

Come on BG, thats just a joke. No fan of any team anywhere in the country would be happy winning only half of their remaining games, regardless of how many they have left.

You don't think AU fans would have been happy with an 8-8 SEC season? If you say they wouldn't have...you will be the first person I've called a liar on this board.

Personally, NO, I'm never happy with .500. I want to win them all, just like EVERY fan of EVERY school in the country. Tell me, at the start of the season, would you have been happy with uat finishing 8-8 in the conference?? NO, and if you say yes, you are the liar.

Difference is, we know we are rebuilding. Lebo had to totally start over. We have a team with NO SENIORS and are slowly rebuilding the program.

I am not going to call you a liar...but I don't believe you. If Auburn was 8-8 in SEC play, I would be doing summersaults...you probably would too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, NO, I'm never happy with .500. I want to win them all, just like EVERY fan of EVERY school in the country. Tell me, at the start of the season, would you have been happy with uat finishing 8-8 in the conference?? NO, and if you say yes, you are the liar.

Difference is, we know we are rebuilding. Lebo had to totally start over. We have a team with NO SENIORS and are slowly rebuilding the program.

What is your excuse today as to why uat is at .500 in SEC play?? Gottfrieds been there long enough, but here you sit at .500. There is no way you can honestly say you're happy with uat performance this season....and again, if you do, you are the iiar... uat was ranked #5 when they got hammered by Notre Dame, now they are ranked #25 in one poll and unranked in the other.

The reason we were ranked so high is that we had the best PG in the country. And he's been playing at 50% all year. Now that he's coming back around, we are looking much much better.

I'll take 8-8 in the conference, 2 wins over LSU, a win over UK, an near win on the road against UF...and yes...ANOTHER NCAA tourney appearance.

At the beginning of the season, I wouldn't have planned on 8-8 in the SEC season. But our pre SEC season went very well. I thought at the beginning of the year we would be about a 3-4 seed. We are probably going to be about an 8 seed. A little bit of a slide, sure. But either way, ill be partying it up in whatever city our first round game is.

Glad to see someone else thinks that Bama is looking at a first round bye bye.

You guys were dead wrong last year...you can be wrong again.

sure we can be wrong again...but after my prediction of uat's football program last year, I'm on a roll. :poke::big:

Come on BG, thats just a joke. No fan of any team anywhere in the country would be happy winning only half of their remaining games, regardless of how many they have left.

You don't think AU fans would have been happy with an 8-8 SEC season? If you say they wouldn't have...you will be the first person I've called a liar on this board.

I am not going to call you a liar...but I don't believe you. If Auburn was 8-8 in SEC play, I would be doing summersaults...you probably would too.

No I wouldn't. I may be happy about the improvment Lebo is making, but no summersaults for me. We have to be better than .500 to get summersaults out of me.. I will never get excited about a .500 season.

No I wouldn't. I may be happy about the improvment Lebo is making, but no summersaults for me. We have to be better than .500 to get summersaults out of me.. I will never get excited about a .500 season.

Thus showing that you should really confine your commentary to Football.

Thus showing that you should really confine your commentary to Football.

OK..I nominate this is the stupidest comment ever on the board....

This makes absolutely no sense. I want more than an 8-8 conference record in basketball. Kentucky, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Florida all have winning conference records. Guess its wrong of me to want that too. How ignorant. You must have been celebrating uat's 45th FAKE NC last year with your .500 regular season...you must be so proud...

gottfried to his players right before tip off: "ok, everybody huddle up....mediocrity on three...

ready..ONE, TWO, THREE, MEDIOCRITY"

This makes absolutely no sense. I want more than an 8-8 conference record in basketball. Kentucky, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Florida all have winning conference records. Guess its wrong of me to want that too. How ignorant. You must have been celebrating uat's 45th FAKE NC last year with your .500 regular season...you must be so proud...

gottfried to his players right before tip off: "ok, everybody huddle up....mediocrity on three...

No you are being irrational to cover your ass.

You said no fan anywhere anytime would be happy with a .500 conference record. Then you tried to cover it like AU's standards (right now) are the same as UK's and UF's? Please. You would have thrown a back tuck in the middle of 20th street if AU went 8-8 in the conference and made it to the NCAA tourney.

You can want all those things...but you can't say that you expect them. I want an undefeated season, but that isn't likely. Consequently, my expectations are tempered based on realistic results/capabilities. Based on your logic, an improved season...even a DRASTICALLY improved one...would only be a huge dissapointment.

No you are being irrational to cover your ass.

You said no fan anywhere anytime would be happy with a .500 conference record. Then you tried to cover it like AU's standards (right now) are the same as UK's and UF's? Please. You would have thrown a back tuck in the middle of 20th street if AU went 8-8 in the conference and made it to the NCAA tourney.

You can want all those things...but you can't say that you expect them. I want an undefeated season, but that isn't likely. Consequently, my expectations are tempered based on realistic results/capabilities. Based on your logic, an improved season...even a DRASTICALLY improved one...would only be a huge dissapointment.

Oh, so its irrational for me to expect a winning conference record?? what a stupid statement. RIGHT NOW, TODAY, yes I'd be happy with an 8-8 conference record...but only because we've already lost 8 games in the conference and an 8-8 record would mean a 4 game winning streak to close out the season. But still no backflips for me at all. I'm not at all saying I want an undefeated season. That would be great, but I'm aware it isn't realistic. We came about as close as we could in 1996-97 when we went 29-4. I'll be damned if i'm gonna start the season hoping to be at .500 inside the conference. That is just about the stupidest thing any fan could want. I never said AU's standards are the same as UK or even Florida's...All i"m saying is there is no reason why I as a fan of my school should settle for a .500 conference record when there are teams out there than can and do have winning records inside the conference. Yes i can expect them..I can expect a winning season, and a tournament bid every year. That isnt that much to expect. Man, your reading comprehension skills are sure lacking..

What is your excuse today as to why uat is at .500 in SEC play?? Gottfrieds been there long enough, but here you sit at .500. There is no way you can honestly say you're happy with uat performance this season....and again, if you do, you are the iiar... uat was ranked #5 when they got hammered by Notre Dame, now they are ranked #25 in one poll and unranked in the other.

The reason we were ranked so high is that we had the best PG in the country. And he's been playing at 50% all year. Now that he's coming back around, we are looking much much better.

I'll take 8-8 in the conference, 2 wins over LSU, a win over UK, an near win on the road against UF...and yes...ANOTHER NCAA tourney appearance.

At the beginning of the season, I wouldn't have planned on 8-8 in the SEC season. But our pre SEC season went very well. I thought at the beginning of the year we would be about a 3-4 seed. We are probably going to be about an 8 seed. A little bit of a slide, sure. But either way, ill be partying it up in whatever city our first round game is.

Glad to see someone else thinks that Bama is looking at a first round bye bye.

You guys were dead wrong last year...you can be wrong again.

Big deal about beating LSU twice, they are the worst team in the West. I don't know why that should factor into anything other than that Bama won two games against a bad team. Near win at Florida? How about a choke job at Florida and a win over an average UK team. Alabama is decent this year but there are 10-15 teams I can think of right now that could beat them on a neutral court.

The same "average" UK team that beat :au: by 27?

The same AU team that beat bama by 24?

Never mind. You were down, and we were above our heads. :rolleyes:

Where did I say anything about Auburn, I was addressing Alabama and the teams that BG listed. You are getting close to BamaPerry level of annoying.

Not to mention the Gators beat AU 91-66 at the ugliest village of the lame. It's no use Crimson. In their world, Alabama is terrible, Bear is a cheater, our championships are fake. It must be nice in those padded rooms. :poke:

The same AU team that beat bama by 24?

Never mind. You were down, and we were above our heads. :rolleyes:

Your time is coming.....

Not to mention the Gators beat AU 91-66 at the ugliest village of the lame. It's no use Crimson. In their world, Alabama is terrible, Bear is a cheater, our championships are fake. It must be nice in those padded rooms. :poke:

And the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa has the most beautiful campus ever. Auburn lost to Florida and Alabama choked against the Gators, and your point? Padded rooms, you might want to check on some threads about the worship of Bear, then come back and :poke: .

Anyone who can't acknowledge that some of those championships are bogus is off their rocker. Even Mr. Bobo Honker himself, Finebum, agrees that some of them are ridiculous and would never hold water outside of west vance. I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna find a geologist and get him to name us national champions. Sound crazy? well one of Alabama's 12 is just that, so blow it out your :ua: ss, I'm not going to be insulted by someone who worships a dead football coach, claims bogus titles AND THEN BRAGS ABOUT THEM, and thinks that he's superior because of it.

I wish I had more hands, so I could give that post 4 thumbs down.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Anyone who can't acknowledge that some of those championships are bogus is off their rocker. Even Mr. Bobo Honker himself, Finebum, agrees that some of them are ridiculous and would never hold water outside of west vance. I'll tell ya what, I'm gonna find a geologist and get him to name us national champions. Sound crazy? well one of Alabama's 12 is just that, so blow it out your :ua: ss, I'm not going to be insulted by someone who worships a dead football coach, claims bogus titles AND THEN BRAGS ABOUT THEM, and thinks that he's superior because of it.

Especially someone who titles a thread "There is new sheriff in town!!, Bama is back!!!" and then says:

Well, now things have cleared up in the western division. We are back where we should be.......on top. Roll Tide!!!

Rather lame braggadocio, even for a Bammer, just because you guys hired a coach. Even before he has coached a game at UaT.

But the Bama delusional arrogance bubbled to the top, "We are back where we should be.......on top." It's really sad.

As the Who once said, "Meet the new boss, the same as the old boss!" Well, now things have cleared up in the western division. We are back where we should be.......on top. Roll Tide!!! :poke:

:blink: Well great. I guess we don't have to play next season since you have declared yourself the winner.

As Bugs used to say "What a maroon."

Especially someone who titles a thread "There is new sheriff in town!!, Bama is back!!!" and then says:

Well, now things have cleared up in the western division. We are back where we should be.......on top. Roll Tide!!!

Rather lame braggadocio, even for a Bammer, just because you guys hired a coach. Even before he has coached a game at UaT.

But the Bama delusional arrogance bubbled to the top, "We are back where we should be.......on top." It's really sad.

I was referring to basketball, doofus...... :poke:

As the Who once said, "Meet the new boss, the same as the old boss!" Well, now things have cleared up in the western division. We are back where we should be.......on top. Roll Tide!!! :poke:

:blink: Well great. I guess we don't have to play next season since you have declared yourself the winner.

As Bugs used to say "What a maroon."

Again, basketball........ :blink: Everyone calm down. I was having some fun. I understand you have whipped us in basketball and football. I apologize.

I was referring to basketball, doofus...... :poke:

Hey doofus that sheriff got shot tonight didn't he? Someone, anyone refresh me what was the score of the UaT vs. Tennessee basketball game??

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Archived